• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Speculation: Star Wars in KH4 Trailer?!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

BluePikmin11

Awards
unknown.png

unknown.png

This is apparently AT-ST.

And the setting is shown in the trailer is apparently Endor from the third film of the Star Wars trilogy:

FP_RE_AWYAMzMDm

Is this 100% Endor from Star Wars? I'm not much a SW fan, but this has me excited.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It does indeed look similar.

Episode VI: Return of the Jedi would also arguably the most "easy" part of the SW Universe to adapt into KH as it arguably takes place on only two main planets, Tatooine in the Prologue to rescue Han from Jabba the Hutt and then the Endor forest moon where the final battle between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire takes place, the culmination of both the Prequel Trilogy and Episodes IV and V.

Most of the other action takes place almost solely in space with the exception of a small detour to Dagobah where Luke witnesses Yoda passing away.
The space battle of Endor with dozens of Rebel Mon Calamari Cruisers and Imperial Star Destroyers duking it out between hundreds of fighters flying between them would also be ideal for a Gummi ship sequence, the Battle of Endor being the biggest battle of the original trilogy and scale probably topped only by the Battle of Coruscant in Episode III between the Republic and Confederacy.

On the surface of Endor itself fighting the Imperials you could have Han Solo and Princess Leia as guest party members, possibly Chewbacca as well.
There would of course be also the opportunity for Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine as a world boss, possibly with Luke and/or Vader as guest party members, beforehand there could of course also be a duel against Vader together with Luke.

Due to the sheer vastness of the SW Universe including its own vast lore I was always skeptical about it being included in KH, but if it is a small "window only" experience possibly related to the Quadratum-side of the multiverse it might work.

AR829038

Awards
unknown.png

unknown.png

This is apparently AT-ST.

And the setting is shown in the trailer is apparently Endor from the third film of the Star Wars trilogy:

FP_RE_AWYAMzMDm

Is this 100% Endor from Star Wars? I'm not much a SW fan, but this has me excited.
I mean, the foot is definitely identical, and this kind of a sneaky image is the exact kind of thing Nomura would pull on us. Tbh, I'm very conflicted about this. Star Wars isn't like any other Disney property, it's so massive and so lore-intensive that I can't conceive of it being squeezed into a universe that already consists of so many other IPs and such deep lore of its own. That was always the advantage the other Disney worlds had—their lore was shallow and their stories were easily containable.

I imagine this could be its own universe if we really are going full multiverse with this series now, someplace distinct from the Realm of Light and Quadratum, but I just don't know how they would handle it. Things could get messy very easily. Which stories do you even use? Or do you do something original? I'm also kind of skeptical because, even though it feels like such a Nomura thing to do, I have a very hard time buying that they would actually just sneakily tease something as big as Star Wars in the KH universe with a blink-and-you'll-miss-it shot like this.

KingdomKurdistan

Awards
Star Wars being so massive and lore intensive is exactly why it's a perfect fit for KH.

Even Nomura surely wouldn't try adapting it like they would a classic Disney movie. It'll be a world that just exists and you get to visit. We don't need to see the Skywalker saga rehashed with added "May The Force be with you, Sora! Donald! And Goofy!"

Sora can visit Endor, say what's up, and leave. We don't have to know why Endor is populated by Ewoks or the backstory to why Vader is buried there. Just like we didn't need a third origin story for MCU Spider-Man. He just is.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I didn't even notice that when I first watched the trailer. I'm hoping Nomura was sneaky and put that in for everyone to analyze to death.

If it is Star Wars, I think doing Return of the Jedi's plot might be the easiest to incorporate. You get Luke as a full on Jedi on your team, you get a Darth Vader/The Emperor boss fight, you possibly get a Boba Fett/Jabba the Hutt boss fight at the start (although I can see them skipping this part due to Leia's outfit), and the thing I think will be best will be space travel. They can do it like the old Battlefront 2 game. After Sora helps out with the shield generator on Endor (where Han and Leia are the party members), Sora flies to the Death Star from Endor - which you actually fly all the way. That way it's just planet to Death Star and there's heartless ships and Empire ships attacking you. Then you dock on the Death Star and continue with Luke as the party member.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If it is Endor I'm curious how they'll handle Star Wars after years of people wondering how it would fit in KH. Also I guess that means Marvel could be on the table as well

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I can't believe Nomura put Star Wars into KH. Like...man...We really are in a wild time.

Imagine this but with Sora or Riku:

Oh my god SORA IS GONNA BE A REBEL

I hope he makes friends with all of the Ewoks...;A; oh my god PLEASE LET HIM MEET AHSOKA SOMEHOW.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Not interested at all. I've never felt like inserting Star Wars or Marvel into KH would work if it's just slaped into it. I just can't... "see" Sora in it. And not in a "What about anime boys in Disney???" kind of way.

I've always said maybe Star Wars would fit if we see like, an obscure character here or there on a hub world where people from different worlds make sense to be there (like Twilight Town or Radiant Garden even). Or maybe a Monstro situation where it's very closed off in the middle of space and we don't have/need a full picture of what's going on there, just a little bitty self contained story.

But Sora literally appearing smack dab in a Star Wars setting? Eh....

2 quid is good

Awards
I have my hang ups about Star Wars, Marvel and Wreck it Ralph, I just don't want them in KH. But that's a me thing, genuinely happy for the fans that have wanted this

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Not interested at all. I've never felt like inserting Star Wars or Marvel into KH would work if it's just slaped into it. I just can't... "see" Sora in it. And not in a "What about anime boys in Disney???" kind of way.

I've always said maybe Star Wars would fit if we see like, an obscure character here or there on a hub world where people from different worlds make sense to be there (like Twilight Town or Radiant Garden even). Or maybe a Monstro situation where it's very closed off in the middle of space and we don't have/need a full picture of what's going on there, just a little bitty self contained story.

But Sora literally appearing smack dab in a Star Wars setting? Eh....
I think the wording in the KH4 trailer is very interesting. It seems like Sora can jump to another "unreality" world (I'm guessing that would be Star Wars), but will not be able to go back to Quadratum. Maybe they're making it so that canonically, Sora will only ever visit Star Wars once.

Also, if they choose the last film in the original trilogy, that would be the easiest to place Sora and get all the goodness out of Star Wars. You'll get a Vader/Emperor fight, Luke as a Jedi, Han, Leia, and the Death Star.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I don't think traditional Disney worlds will work in KH4 just from the sort of tone they are setting. I think they are taking this opportunity to explore live action fully.

And once Sora leaves the Unreality and makes it back to his own world (because lets be real, this is what this game is setting up. MoM might say they can't go back, but Sora will find a way), he won't be able to visit these live action worlds ever again.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I'm looking forward to the keyblade. A Endor like design that will hopefully turn into a Lightsaber if Keyblade transformations are still a thing in KH4

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I don't think traditional Disney worlds will work in KH4 just from the sort of tone they are setting. I think they are taking this opportunity to explore live action fully.

And once Sora leaves the Unreality and makes it back to his own world (because lets be real, this is what this game is setting up. MoM might say they can't go back, but Sora will find a way), he won't be able to visit these live action worlds ever again.
Maybe there will be a split storyline?

Kairi with Donald and Goofy visit traditional DISNEY worlds, while Sora visits the fully live action ones? Although I really can only see Sora visiting Star Wars and maybe the live action Alice in Wonderland? Unless they use the live action DISNEY films like Mulan or Aladdin (please no).

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Maybe there will be a split storyline?

Kairi with Donald and Goofy visit traditional DISNEY worlds, while Sora visits the fully live action ones? Although I really can only see Sora visiting Star Wars and maybe the live action Alice in Wonderland? Unless they use the live action DISNEY films like Mulan or Aladdin (please no).
Aladdin isn't so bad xD Mulan is trash, though.

I'm thinking something like Star Wars, Marvel, Alice in Wonderland, Maleficent, and Aladdin.

A split story would be nice.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Nerdy nitpick: Its the forest moon of Endor, not Endor itself which is inhospitable. I look forward to subjecting you all to more "um actually"s in the future!

Anyway, RotJ is an interesting choice for 1st SW film to cover instead of ANH. Feel like PotC3 where Square decided to skip ahead to whatever gives them the most toys to play with. A larger space battle, a Vader bossfight where he loses, and maybe a Palpatine battle too.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nerdy nitpick: Its the forest moon of Endor, not Endor itself which is inhospitable. I look forward to subjecting you all to more "um actually"s in the future!

Anyway, RotJ is an interesting choice for 1st SW film to cover instead of ANH. Feel like PotC3 where Square decided to skip ahead to whatever gives them the most toys to play with. A larger space battle, a Vader bossfight where he loses, and maybe a Palpatine battle too.
Sora's gonna feel Darth Vader's switch to the light in his heart like Sora felt Anna's heart take an ice shot in Arendelle.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Aladdin isn't so bad xD Mulan is trash, though.

I'm thinking something like Star Wars, Marvel, Alice in Wonderland, Maleficent, and Aladdin.

A split story would be nice.
What about Lightyear? I know it isn't live action but I could see it fitting in with the other properties you mentioned

Back