• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[SPECULATION] Key to Return Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Hey.

I've been replaying KINGDOM HEARTS II, and I noticed that the items that Sora shoots his Keyblade's beam at are items that connect hearts. The Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee membership card connects the hearts of Leon and the gang with Sora's, Donald's and Goofy's; while the sword Mulan gets after defeating the baddie is another representation of the connection of various hearts. Sora has shot these beams in order to "unlock" pathways, but what if it's time Sora shot the beam into himself and unlock the ability to wield the Key to Return Hearts? My speculation here is that the Key to Return Hearts is not a physical item, but rather an ability that Sora must grow, and this is where Keyblade Transformations come into play. Perhaps the Keyblades start transforming because Sora keeps unlocking more and more parts of his heart, until he finally unlocks the ability from his heart to Return other people's Hearts.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Hey.

I've been replaying KINGDOM HEARTS II, and I noticed that the items that Sora shoots his Keyblade's beam at are items that connect hearts. The Hollow Bastion Restoration Committee membership card connects the hearts of Leon and the gang with Sora's, Donald's and Goofy's; while the sword Mulan gets after defeating the baddie is another representation of the connection of various hearts. Sora has shot these beams in order to "unlock" pathways, but what if it's time Sora shot the beam into himself and unlock the ability to wield the Key to Return Hearts? My speculation here is that the Key to Return Hearts is not a physical item, but rather an ability that Sora must grow, and this is where Keyblade Transformations come into play. Perhaps the Keyblades start transforming because Sora keeps unlocking more and more parts of his heart, until he finally unlocks the ability from his heart to Return other people's Hearts.

I love this idea for the key to return hearts. It makes sense, it's narratively compelling, and it even connects parts of the other games along with it.

If it was a literal key, though, I imagine that it would be either a) just the keyblade of heart completed or b) the thing in the black box.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I love this idea for the key to return hearts. It makes sense, it's narratively compelling, and it even connects parts of the other games along with it.

If it was a literal key, though, I imagine that it would be either a) just the keyblade of heart completed or b) the thing in the black box.

I really can't see the KtRH as being an item. Maybe it's an ability exclusive to Sora, seeing as how his heart is literaly connected to a plethora of people. Maybe it's also the ability that can help cleanse a heart from Xehanort's seed.

Sally-boiii

Awards
I am kind of hoping it isn't a "physical" item. What you guys re suggesting seems like a good idea. It doesn't add unnecessary fluff to lore and gets the job done (in a sense).

Nevertheless, Good idea.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I am kind of hoping it isn't a "physical" item. What you guys re suggesting seems like a good idea. It doesn't add unnecessary fluff to lore and gets the job done (in a sense).

Nevertheless, Good idea.

Yeah. I think that the Xblade being a counterpart to Kingdom Hearts itself is enough of an added lore to the franchise concerning a super power.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Maybe it's also the ability that can help cleanse a heart from Xehanort's seed.

This is also a very important aspect to keep in mind I think because when one adds simple logic combined with the fact that we know that Xehanort's main consciousness/essence can jump between his vessels, Xehanort literally cannot be defeated "for good" as long as there are still parts of his heart at large attached to vessels and/or other hearts.

He will always have a road of retreat and opportunity to lay low and formulate a new plan this way.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
This is also a very important aspect to keep in mind I think because when one adds simple logic combined with the fact that we know that Xehanort's main consciousness/essence can jump between his vessels, Xehanort literally cannot be defeated "for good" as long as there are still parts of his heart at large attached to vessels and/or other hearts.

He will always have a road of retreat and opportunity to lay low and formulate a new plan this way.

It also further foils Sora to Xehanort. Xehanort has the ability to capture hearts; Sora might have the ability to free them.

Maybe the real Key to Return Hearts is the friends we made along the way. :p

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

It also further foils Sora to Xehanort. Xehanort has the ability to capture hearts; Sora might have the ability to free them.

Dear, God. I just had a mental picture of Sora cleansing the hearts of every Seeker by summoning his own Kingdom Hearts: the connnections he has made.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Or you could say in a meta-sense that the Key to return Hearts is not just a sort of guide post to lead lost hearts back to where they belong/restore them to the living world but also a special garbage collector helping taking out the trash inside hearts that don't belong in them, aka foreign parasites of the nort-genus.

Dear, God. I just had a mental picture of Sora cleansing the hearts of every Seeker by summoning his own Kingdom Hearts: the connnections he has made.

The image I have in my mind since 2014 about this is actually multiple awakening platform battles in the hearts of redeemable Seekers/Nort-vessels with Sora, someone close to the current vessel and the prisoner themselves beating the crap out of the infecting Nort-part and then expelling him from there.

For example take Saix/Isa.
First using the Key to Return Hearts Sora gains access to Isa's heart/awakening platform, then inside he battles "Saix" (the Nort in Isa) together with Lea and the actual Isa as party members.
Meanwhile on the outside Mickey, Goofy, Donald and whoever is available distract or paralyze the other norts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back