She's not an "it"!
- Apr 9, 2007
I don't want this to turn into a hate thread, I'm just curious to know at which parts specifically in KH3 were you disappointed (as in it triggered disappointment because you realized that what you expected wasn't there). These were mine, although I still love KH3, it's just that when I was first playing through I was kind of like... huh, why isn't that there?
- Phil never speaking / no mention of Coliseum (I went back to Olympus just to check for the Coliseum)
- Twilight Town Mansion/Clocktower - as soon as I walked up to the mansion door and it's a cutscene that takes you in, then when you exit and realize you can't enter it / when you try to walk up to the clocktower and you get the "leave world" options
- Toy Box - when the world logo came up at the end which meant no second visit (this could have been for Olympus, but because I remembered KH2 updating Olympus even after you get the world logo when you cleared its second visit, I was like maybe there could be second visits, but Toy Box basically confirmed there were none)
- Kingdom of Corona - when Mother Gothel brims with darkness, I was expecting a fight with her and then we get the giant heartless fight instead, which kind of worried me that we wouldn't be getting Disney character bosses.
- Radiant Garden cutscene - it seemed so perfectly set up to transition to controlling Riku in Radiant Garden (the camera panning up to the castle, I was expecting the world logo). When it didn't and it just moved back to the gummi ship, that kinda hurt
- 100 Acre Wood - I was really excited to visit Pooh and see what would happen this time around with the pages not being lost and it turned out to be just like 10 minutes.
- End of San Fransokyo - it was weird, I don't know if this is just how it always is after you beat San Fransokyo, but you go back to Hiro's Garage and you just get the option to leave the world. I think that was there because once you leave it triggers the "save Aqua" sequence (I had already beat The Caribbean). I was expecting like 2 surprise Disney worlds and this was probably my biggest letdown -- that all the Disney worlds were revealed in the trailers and there were so few. I was OK with everything else, but I was longing for at least 2 more worlds. Something even made me wonder if there were worlds in the gummi ship space that weren't on the map (optional worlds) and I flew around looking for them hoping for something.
- Castle Oblivion - There was a part of me that had hoped we would get to explore Castle Oblivion (without losing memories). Like actually see all those rooms that the Organization inhabited while we try to find the room Ven's in. I was expecting that to be Sora's chance to bond with Aqua and learn more about Ven.