• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Special Nobodies (Possible Spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

zionhyome

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. This is just the place I thought would have the least likely chance of spoiling anything for anyone.
Anyway. The general consensus seems to be that Nobodies don't age, with the exception of "Special Nobodies". What I've always wondered was: what makes them special? The one thing that the three Special Nobodies have in common is that they all have had a living other. Sora and Kairi are both still alive, and Xehanort's Heartless lived an additional 9 years after being turned, which, if my theory is correct, would have caused Xemnas to age 9 more years, which would explain why he looks so much older than Terra. Idk if this has been said before on here, but I wasn't able to find it anywhere. Any thoughts?

Wildbullet

Well to be fair a Nobody keeping their human appearance is already rare in itself and the chances are just above astronomically low. Then there's also the fact that Xemnas can reduce humanoid Nobodies into Dusks which I suppose can raise those chances of occurring but we just didn't notice. You're also forgetting about the Replica Project, since it seems that they also fall under the category of "Nobody" (who said this anyway? I still have my doubts on this claim until Nomura or another canon source say otherwise).

If you add them all up the special Nobodies would amount to a total of sixteen that we have seen, Organization XIII, the two replicas, and of course, Naminé.

Xemnas can be reduced along with the other eleven, since in his case it's similar to Saïx and Xigbar, in that they were contaminated with outside interference that was not innate. This reduces the count to four. The two replicas, Roxas, and Naminé.

Riku Replica was basically a copy made by Vexen trying to experiment with the memories of darkness that the real Riku has been struggling with, essentially a shadow of a shadow, if you will.

Xion is far more different. Yes I know there are a lot of Xion fans and Xion haters out there, keep in mind that I am making this commentary as objective as possible, and as such deserves a grain of salt and respect. Xion is basically the incarnation of Sora's memories, being the most important memories, which is of course his light, Kairi. In a way it could be said that Xion is closer to Kairi in this way than Naminé, due to it being a reflection of his most earnest memory of her, with Roxas reflecting his somebody's emotion in concern with Xion. Nevertheless, the bottomline still is that she is and came from Sora, in a way, just as Roxas is; they were both sourced from him and is him at the beginning, just having taken different fragments of his existence, memory and heart.

Roxas is Sora's Nobody, and in essence the most unusual Nobody in the Organization. He was able to wield a Keyblade, despite "not having a heart" (I think he actually had one, or rather was carrying one but it was a trainwreck), he has one of the fastest nurturing rates despite being in the Organization for only one year, having established his own identity even as his somebody coexisted, albeit without a body and soul and is just a walking heart with a projection of a body. With a subjective statement, I daresay that he's above a step in being "special" from Riku Replica and Xion because of it, although Xion in of itself is probably on par with him because she even has less of a foundation to exist than he did but managed to forge her own sense of self.

As for Naminé…

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. This is just the place I thought would have the least likely chance of spoiling anything for anyone.
Anyway. The general consensus seems to be that Nobodies don't age, with the exception of "Special Nobodies". What I've always wondered was: what makes them special? The one thing that the three Special Nobodies have in common is that they all have had a living other. Sora and Kairi are both still alive, and Xehanort's Heartless lived an additional 9 years after being turned, which, if my theory is correct, would have caused Xemnas to age 9 more years, which would explain why he looks so much older than Terra. Idk if this has been said before on here, but I wasn't able to find it anywhere. Any thoughts?

The reason why some Nobodies don't age and some do is in itself a spoiler (if you haven't played DDD that is), but it doesn't have anything to do with the "special Nobodies".
The special Nobodies are called that because they were created from multiple Hearts, not because they co-existed with their originals because that one does not apply to Xehanort.
Xemnas did not co-exist with his original like Roxas/Sora and Naminé/Kairi as Ansem SoD is a Heartless, not his original self.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Mind if you quoted that scene to jog my memory? I played DDD but I can't remember any scene that mentions age. Maybe it was in the Japanese but not the English?

It is not specifically stated in any scene, but can be deduced from the simple fact that bodies do not age when there is no heart in them, as is shown with Ventus' comatose body and the fact that there's the claim that Nobodies do not age at all. Therefore IF a Nobody ages, it can be assumed that he/she either has a heart or started to grow one. The fact that Nobodies (or rather, EVERYTHING) can grow a new heart, while subtly hinted at since Chain of Mmeories, was only explicitly made clear in DDD.

Master Alew

How about Xigbar? He seems older than Braig (or maybe is just me). We have Lea and Isa too, we don't know for sure how old they were at the moment of turning in to Nobodies right?
(...)Xehanort's Heartless lived an additional 9 years after being turned(...)
I... really didn't get this part.

zionhyome

How about Xigbar? He seems older than Braig (or maybe is just me). We have Lea and Isa too, we don't know for sure how old they were at the moment of turning in to Nobodies right? I... really didn't get this part.

Birth by Sleep happened 10 years before Kingdom Hearts (the first game), and Xehanort became a Heartless one year after the events in Birth by Sleep, and Xemnas would have been created at that time. And Xehanort's Heartless wouldn't be killed for 9 years, when Sora got the Keyblade.

Anagram

Banned
How about Xigbar? He seems older than Braig (or maybe is just me). We have Lea and Isa too, we don't know for sure how old they were at the moment of turning in to Nobodies right? I... really didn't get this part.

Like Xemnas says in DDD: "Although there were variances in disposition, many undoubtedly showed signs of a burgeoning replacement" meaning they had hearts forming in varying degrees thus explaining why some would have aged.
Xigbar can either be him also forming a heart again or his piece of Xehanorts heart affecting more over that 10yr gap. Xehanorts true form and heart is that if an older man after all.

The only thing seemingly ignored about the aging crap is how Ienzo, Lea and Isa return as they're older bobody selves in DDD despite that they're supposed to return as they were upon separation. Whereas Xigbar returns as the younger Braig in contrast.

zionhyome

Well, to be fair, it's never stated that Isa and Lea were turned at the same time that Ansem's Apprentices were. They spent a good deal of time recruiting members, with the last of them being recruited only a year before the second game. It's possible that they had time to grow up before being turned.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Unlikely, that would mean that Isa and Lea were living in the chaos of Hollow Bastion for ten or so years. The whole nobodies don't age thing is kind of silly, and always has been.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
Unlikely, that would mean that Isa and Lea were living in the chaos of Hollow Bastion for ten or so years. The whole nobodies don't age thing is kind of silly, and ways has been.

A lot of things about nobodies are silly in hindsight tbh.

Well, to be fair, it's never stated that Isa and Lea were turned at the same time that Ansem's Apprentices were. They spent a good deal of time recruiting members, with the last of them being recruited only a year before the second game. It's possible that they had time to grow up before being turned.

That still leaves little Ienzo bro.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Since re-completion means that the person will wake up in the exact spot where they last were before they turned into a Heartless, it's strongly implied that Lea and Isa got turned around the same time as the other five apprentices, since they all wake up (aside from Braig and Isa, but it's also implied they were supposed to be there) in the same Radiant Garden computer room.

Ghh... I think in KH1 Leon & co. said something about Hollow Bastion getting overrun and destroyed about ten years ago... which means Xehanort went from benign amnesiac to colleague-stabbing, mentor-banishing bad guy in less than a year after the end of BBS. Lea, Isa, or Ienzo shouldn't have had enough time to age as much as they did.

You know what? I'm not putting any stock in this "Nobodies don't age" thing. It just doesn't make any sense when you look at it all more closely.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Also, Nobodies don't age was never stated in canon which, believe it or not, trumps a one off comment made once by Nomura in 2008.

zionhyome

Even if they had been turned with the rest, one year is enough time for them to grow that much. Look at the difference in Sora, Riku, and Kairi from the first game to the second. If Nobodies do age, then one would think there would be a significant change in Vexen and Lexaeus, but they look exactly the same as their others.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Even if they had been turned with the rest, one year is enough time for them to grow that much. Look at the difference in Sora, Riku, and Kairi from the first game to the second. If Nobodies do age, then one would think there would be a significant change in Vexen and Lexaeus, but they look exactly the same as their others.

I think in the novels it says Axel's about 25-26? I know that age came from somewhere. Which makes sense, since Lea in BBS is around Ven's height and we can infer that he's 15-16. A year isn't enough for that.

Master Alew

Birth by Sleep happened 10 years before Kingdom Hearts (the first game), and Xehanort became a Heartless one year after the events in Birth by Sleep, and Xemnas would have been created at that time. And Xehanort's Heartless wouldn't be killed for 9 years, when Sora got the Keyblade.

Ohhhhhh now I get it. The whole "Nobodies don't age" thing remains as a unconfirmed plot hole anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back