• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Special Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Countdown!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Hey, everybody! :D

We have a very special treat for you all. During the next two weeks we'll be posting small editorials on each member of Organization XIII. It will serve as a sort of countdown until the release date of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

First up is one the the main characters in this upcoming installment, who we ironically know very little about. Introducing number 14--Xion.
e8ocqd.png

What We Know So Far:

Xion is the mysterious fourteenth member of Organization XIII. We know next to nothing about her--having far more question than answers. Why wasn't the Organization's name changed from XIII to XIV? Is she even a Nobody at all? How can she wield the Keyblade, and is it even real? Where was she during the events of Kingdom Hearts II? What connection does she have with Sora's memories? And, perhaps most importantly, why does she be bear such close resemblance to Kairi? It seems Xion is just one giant question mark!

Her Role in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days:
Nomura interviews and trailers have given us this much: Xion will play a central role in Roxas' Story--particularly when it comes to his betrayal of the Organization. Her journey seems to be a tale of self discovery--following her struggle to find out exactly what she is. In true SE fashion, her final fate is promised to tug at the heartstrings. She appears to be a concern to Axel and Saix ("Which would you rather suffer the loss of?"), as well as DiZ, Naminè, and Riku ("Surely she can't endure it..."). Just where does she fit?

"You have poured so many memories into me, given me so much, that I feel like I'm about to overflow. Look at me, Roxas. Who do you see?"

What the Fans Think:
Ever since we first saw Xemnas introduce the hooded "14th" member in trailers, the Kingdom Hearts community has been ablaze with all sorts of discussions and ideas.

Some find her extraneous, unneeded, and slightly pointless to a game that was meant to flesh out the remaining 13 members we already know and love. Is she merely an insignificant, Mary-Sue plot device?

Other fans have automatically fallen in love with the blue eyed, raven haired girl. Far from finding her "just another Kairi copy", fans of Xion are interested in what her story has to offer. Whether you have "Xion-love" or "Xion-hate", one thing's for sure: she's just plain adorable!

Fans around the world find themselves intrigued by the cloaked girl, but none as much so as forum member Smile, owner and founder of the Xion Fanclub. Here's what she had to say:

To start off, I want to see if she lives up to the image presented in the trailers. She looked like a mixture of everything I loved about Namine, adorable-ness wise, while at the same time capable of standing her grounds as seen when she fights Axel. I'd like to see a female character in KH that to start off, is a warrior, and then we get to 'drill down' into her personality. Also, a tragic character with a tragic ending that isn't Nojima written is always a good thing :D

Then we have RAX. The game's residing trio who emerged from the eternal duo of Axel and Roxas. Needless to say, I want to know why neither showed signs of even once having ran into anyone like Xion in KH2, and to see how come Roxas was the only one Axel liked despite seemingly liking Xion in Days, but it goes a lot deeper than that. Both Axel and Roxas were portrayed as 'hard to approach' characters, despite Axel's flamboyance. To have someone who not only managed to get close, but close enough to upset them with her actions... and they certainly aren't helping any with the eerie comparisons to Sora, Riku and Kairi.

More so than her interaction with Roxas and Axel, however, I'd like to see how she relates to Namine, and much more so - Riku. The plot for those two in between CoM and KH2 intrigued me even before they settled as 'omfg fav characters' for me, and I'd like to see both how Xion affects it, as well as how it falls apart to leave us with the no-impact impression we have in KH2 those two share with Roxas and Axel :\

And of course, the inevitable BBS implications I'm sure Xion has, what with all three new games being related. Xion, being the new element, has to have ties to the past.
In Conclusion:
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days comes out on September 29th in the USA, and on October 9th in Europe. All the mysteries surrounding the enigmatic Xion will soon be solved. Please look forward to our other reports on Organization XIII.

Helpful Xion links:
YouTube - Xion's Theme (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)
http://forums.khinsider.com/358-2-days/114963-everything-we-know-about-358-2-days-xion-so-far.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, guys! Here's the deal:

Do you want to have your opinions on an Organization Member on the FRONT PAGE? Post what you think about them in this thread, and you just might!

Saix - Kitexa/TrinityxLimig/Chaos
Zexion - Lifes.Lover
Lexaeus - madammina
Vexen - Fahrvergnugen
Xaldin - grimmedslug
Xigbar -
Antiquity
Xemnas - Leonard/Chaos

No spoilers in this thread, just discuss your favorite members and whatnot. Bye! <3

FYI:

Depending on various factors (length of some fan-quotes, for example), certain members I will probably post more than one quote for. So, just say a member if you're interested. :3

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
By the way, I'll be starting the ROM discussion thread about a week before the official release, in case of any pre-release leaks.

BluesStar21

I can do Roxas if you want?

I personally think Roxas is so much like Sora in every way, always trying to get right into the action, and making the right choice's, also by having so many friends in the organization and to be the one that sticks out the most. It's no wonder why everyone loves him. Roxas has grown to be quiet the interesting character of the Kingdom Hearts series, since he can wield the keyblade, and has a connection with mostly everything with the Kingdom Hearts series, from being the nobody from Sora, and be able to hold the keyblade just like Sora, its no wonder why he's the main character of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days.

Last edited:

BluesStar21

ZOMG can I write something for Xigbar? :D He's epically awesome! And I can help with the countdown thingies, if you need me too 8D;

Go for it, just write about any character in this thread, and then Raz on the day that your character will be on the site, whatever you say, it will be posted.

I wrote about roxas.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I could probably do Vexen, if no one has a burning desire to talk about the resident nerd of the Organization.

Yes, the word nerd is not meant to insult in this context.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I could probably do Vexen, if no one has a burning desire to talk about the resident nerd of the Organization.

Yes, the word nerd is not meant to insult in this context.
Go right ahead.

ZOMG can I write something for Xigbar? :D He's epically awesome! And I can help with the countdown thingies, if you need me too 8D;
Sure thing.

I would like to do someone too. Someone ALREADY took Xigbar... Maybe Lexaeus?
Lexaeus would be sweet.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Heeey, I thought I was down for Demyx! What gives?

Good Xion article though!
Sorry! I forgot. Fixed, though.

And thanks!

Alright, when do you want it by?

As soon as possible, latest being the fifth day before Days comes out (which would actually be the fourth day, because we're counting the actual release of the game as "Xemnas Day".)

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
I'll do Axel if no one else wants to.

Also, really nice Xion article.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
So, 24th being the latest?
I think maybe the 25th, but let's just go with the 24th. The sooner the better.

I'll do Axel if no one else wants to.

Also, really nice Xion article.

Sure thing.
And, thanks! :3

FYI:

Depending on various factors (length of some fan-quotes, for example), certain members I will probably post more than one quote for. So, just say a member if you're interested. :3

Efflictim

cuck
Awards
All right here it goes...

Axel-Number VIII in the Organization. He's been one of my most favorite characters in the series since he was introduced in "Chain of Memories".

Axel is one of the most likeable, if not THE most likeable villain in the "Kingdom Hearts" series, in my opinion.
In my eyes, Axel is one of the best characters in the series.

I am very excited to play as Axel in Mission Mode and have him as a party member in Story Mode. It should be very fun. I'm really lookin' forward to seeing his different Chakrams that he has availible to use in Mission Mode.

What I hope to see in "Days" from Axel is him showing his serious side since this is the time where Axel loses his best friend, Roxas. We saw this side a couple of times in KH2, but I hope to see a lot more of this. Yes, Axel is cool as a funny/cocky fellow and he is very likeable but it's just, I want to see more seriousness come from him in this game.

Then Xion comes in between Roxas and Axel's friendship which I don't think Axel likes. From the looks of the trailers, Roxas starts paying a lot more attention to Xion than Axel. Though they do hang out with each other, Xion is always with them. This could mean some conflict between Axel and Xion as the story progresses.

But no matter what happens with Axel in this game, I believe he'll be the likeable Organization member I have been a fan of ever since playing CoM.

Last edited:

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
I'm working on my Demyx bit, but I'm worried that it's already getting too long. I can't help it; there are so many reasons to love the guy!

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I'm working on my Demyx bit, but I'm worried that it's already getting too long. I can't help it; there are so many reasons to love the guy!
This is very true. (Demyx is my favorite, also)

Since I have time, I'll probably work more on my post for Zexion, is that okay?

Sure, just post it in here.

You guys are so great! Thanks for doing this. :3

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
I'm reviewing Lexaeus now instead of doing my Acheology. I'm VERY impressed with his first line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back