• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Special/Collector Editions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Since there's a lot of video game fans here, I thought it might be neat to discuss special editions of games that we may have gathered over the years, and what we think of them in general. I've seen a lot of companies make lots of Special Editions with tons of goodies that seem pretty awesome.

I currently have two special editions - one for Majora's Mask, and one for Uncharted 4. I also have the 'Take your Heart' edition pre-ordered for Persona 5.

How about everyone else?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The first special edition of a game I got was probably Birth by Sleep. With the mini-artbook in it and all, and I really like that one. After that, I got Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy which included some cards with the new characters on them.
I also bought the Final Fantasy XIII-2 CE which included a mini-soundtrack, some cards too, I think, aaand I don't know what else.

Then I have a few steelbook editions if those count as well, like Pokémon Omega Ruby and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster for PS4.

Caxinuld

Awards
First ever special edition I got was for Tales of Xillia. I saw a sealed copy of the Day One edition & I got it as a Christmas gift for myself. It came with the game, a character artbook & a soundtrack CD.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I've always considered special editions, but then my wallet reminds me my worth.

The only "special editions" I have is either Day One editions or box art misprints.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I have so many special editions, I am a sucker for these things.

The first one I ever got I believe was for Catherine. It had a pizza box edition, and it came with a soundtrack, an artbook, a pair of boxers, a t-shirt, and the game all in a pizza box.

I got The Last of Us special edition which came with an artbook, a steel case, I think some naughty dog stickers, issue 1 of the comic book, and some dlc.

I got the Uncharted 3 collectors edition which came package in a stand up chest with a Nathan Drake figure, Nathan's necklace, Nathan's belt buckle, a steel case, (and again maybe some stickers. I don't remember which naughty dog games came with stickers specifically).

Uncharted 4 special edition which came with another Nathan Drake statue, some online dlc, some stickers and a steel case.

The Tales of Xillia special edition which came with a soundtrack and artbook (I think this was one that you automatically got if you preordered the game).

Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 special editions (1 coming with artbook and 2 coming with pin, also pre orders).

World of Final Fantasy pre order edition with the artbook and DLC.

Tales of Zestiria Special edition which came with a steel case, the short anime movie on blu ray, soundtrack, art, mini figure things, and I don't remember if there was something else. This one had a lot.

Telltale's The Walking Dead special edition. Came with the game and Compendium 1 of the comics with exclusive covers drawn for them. I actually still have this,sealed.

The Last Story special edition. Came with an artbook and a soundtrack, and it was packaged in a special case for the game that resembles a little book.

Final Fantasy XV deluxe edition which came with the movie on blu ray, a steel case, and dlc.

Life is Strange special edition came with the stellar soundtrack and an art book.

Metal Gear Legacy collection came with digital comics, digital ps1 games, and an artbook.

Zero Escape 3 came with a watch.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 collectors edition Came with a Goku statue, a keychain, a glow in the dark tiny pop, and a prequel comic (maybe some kind of dlc? Don't remember)

South Park the Stick of Truth collectors edition came with a Cartman statue, a map of South Park, and DLC.

And yeah, then there are just numerous amounts of Day 1 editions I've also sprung for just for DLC or something, but I'm not getting into that.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I'm not that materalistic for collectors editions, however, the Steelbook case for Persona 5 is too stylish too pass by so that'll be a first for me.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I got limited edition of Sims 3 Pets, if that counts. I got "Game of the year edition" for Fallout 3, if that counts either.

Zul

Awards
Mine are limited to the "complete edition" types that come out years after the game's release.

Examples for me would be

DA:Origins ultimate edition
Skyrim Legendary edition
Fallout: New Vegas (something complete edition, forgot the exact name).

I've never been one for collector's editions since they don't tend to add much to the actual game(I don't care about artbooks and stuff) and the price is often absurd.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I honestly have never been a sucker for special editions for most series, since I'm not usually content in buying special editions of things that aren't even assured to me will be good (like the special editions of the Watch_Dogs games). That being said, the Kingdom Hearts ones have looked desirable from time to time...

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I think the only special edition I've ever gotten was KH 2.5, and that was only because the Gamestop I visited had a lot of extra copies and gave me one instead of the normal 2.5.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
- DDD MoM edition (destroyed by my dog)
- 1.5 art book case (stolen)
- 2.5 pre order CE
- Saints Row The Third SE with auto tune headset (all gone)
- Tron: Evolution CE (game traded in and the rest lost)
- Final Fantasy XV steelbook

there are probably more but they have escaped me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back