• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Spanish films?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

krexia

Translator
Awards
This is an exam. I need a film that's got some depth to it other than people getting hacked to pieces and whatnot.
Don't go judging the book by its cover - The Orphanage is not that sort of horror. It has no gore at all, just psychological horror with a great little twist at the end, and it's very good. I've actually been meaning to go back and re-watch it for some time now.

Critics praised the film for its lack of cheap scares. Film critic for the Chicago Sun Times Roger Ebert praised the film claiming it to be "deliberately aimed at viewers with developed attention spans. It lingers to create atmosphere, a sense of place, a sympathy with the characters, instead of rushing into cheap thrills". Bill Goodykoontz of the Arizona Republic echoed this statement noting, "Bayona never lets The Orphanage descend into cheap horror. The scares here are expertly done and, placed in the context of Laura's state of mind, well-earned, perhaps even explainable (or not)."

(The Orphanage (2007 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

For French movies, I'll put in a vote for L'Auberge Espagnole - my French flatmate showed it to me a couple of months ago and I really enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back