• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Spam, Spoiler Boxes, Signatures, and Respect [ALL MEMBERS READ THIS]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
Felt the need to post this, since it is asked so often.

Sigs are customely made for *you*. You can request one in the graphics section of this forum. There is no sig website. Graphics section can be found here: http://forums.khinsider.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

If someone makes you an image in the graphics section, copy the url and go to User CP. Click "Edit Signature" in the left module. Paste the URL [link] of the image inbetween two tags.

If you have an image on your computer already that you would like to use, Upload your image/sig/tag to an image hosting site. Such as, [URL="http://www.imageshack.us/"]www.imageshack.us[/URL] or Photobucket.

Go to User CP and click "Edit Signature" in the left module. Paste the URL [link] of the image inbetween two [img] tags.

[IMG]URL HERE

Do NOT steal an image from someone else, aka - ripping.

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
In regards to spam

While I had thought that this would be obvious to most members by now, however, I have noticed within the last month or so that it apparently has not sunk in for all of you yet. Allow me to re-educate you who are in need of assistance.

When a member posts something off topic, flames, or anything else considered spam, notify a moderator via the Report Post button or PM. That's it; do NOT waste time replying to it. By doing that, you are only adding to the spam, making things worse, which makes my job cleaning up after you guys all the less tolerable. If you absolutely must say something to the person spamming, send a PM or something. Just keep it off the boards. Checking reported posts and only having to take care of one post is far more convenient than having to clean up an entire page or more.

To summarize: If you see spam, just report it and carry on with the topic at hand as if that post had not been made.

Much of the problem with spamming was said quite well by HadesDragon:
HadesDragon said:
Browsing through some of these sections in the past couple of days, I have noticed a fairly copious amount of offenses in here. The most notable being off-topic posting, also known as spam. This relates somewhat to Spyell's recent "double posting" sticky; double posting is another problem here. And often, spam and double posting come hand in hand.

And I'm getting tired of it. It can get so hectic that I end up deleting seven posts from a single user, from a single thread, all at once. I really shouldn't even be making this, since it's part of the general forum rules (which ALL of you SHOULD have read), but sadly it seems I'll have to in order to get my point across.

If I see that a member has been spamming considerably, that user WILL be punished. I mean it. The punishment the user will receive will depend on the amount of spam, past misdeeds, and miscellaneous other details.

You've been warned.

Hopefully this little reminder will be enough to get my point across. If not, I may have to find alternative means to do so, which I'd much rather not have to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spyells

You will open the door to light!
An enchanted castle. That's what college is called
Double Posting

Guys, I've noticed that a lot of people seem to double post in the Kingdom Hearts sections of the forum. Many of these multiple offenders are new members. I have seen a few members that already have a few hundred posts and they still double post. I would like for it to stop! It's irritating me. It's even more annoying when many of the same people keep doing it. It isn't even hard to know who all of the double posters are. Not to mention that many of them still continue to do it after they receive a warning from a mod and regular forum members. Guys I need this to stop!

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I know there are a lot of rehashed theories/ideas posted around, mainly because there is a complete drought of news and therefore nothing new to speculate on or base any new thoughts on, so it's basically just going on the same material from forever ago.

Regardless, this is not an excuse to be assholes. I don't like seeing people insulting theory creators/posters just because they had an idea that you happened to see earlier today, or a week ago, or you thought of in a dream in October, you don't need to be an ass to the person just because you hang around here so much that you get sick of seeing that particular idea another time.

Despite the fact that you've talked about it to death, some people new here weren't present for all your fantastical past discussions, and therefore most of this is new food for thought, and you know that's just fine. So, even if it's something you've seen before, you don't have to comment viciously about their ideas being old, just let them be and talk it out, if you want to correct some things with evidence from the games, then fine, but you don't need to crush and destroy any idea that is not your own personal belief

I don't like our sections being cesspits of elitism and insults, where if you're not in the clique and you don't have the ideas of the veterans then your ideas are stupid. I don't like hearing members talk about this section and all they can comment on is how they were told they were stupid or how they were flamed for posting something and therefore they don't like to go here. I don't like hearing from other sites about how "Oh this site is nice, it's not like KHInsider where everyone is mean when you post!". I don't like hearing that at all, and I want it to stop.

Be nice, play nice, get along, just be respectful of one another, christ.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back