• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Soundtrack?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Does anyone have an update on the status of the KH3 soundtrack release? It's been radio silence. ReMIND got released months ago, so the new tracks from that DLC has been revealed for a while, what's the hold up? Or was the orchestra soundtrack supposed to be the KH3 OST? Also, does anyone know if the Dearly Beloved that plays for the KH3ReMIND theme on the PS4 will be included in the KH3 soundtrack?

Thanks.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
I wish I knew.

I buy every single soundtrack for KH and always have. Not only is it because I love the music, but because I still remember the feelings I had when my dad (who has since passed) first surprised me out of the blue with the first one. It was one of those "I saw this and knew it was from that game you loved so much so I picked it up for you." Wasn't a gift giving occasion or anything, so it is often one of those memories I like to visit when I think back on reasons why I know he loved me in his own, sometimes awkward, way.

Even if they only officially release the thing digitally with just the ripped files I would be happy enough with that. For a series generally praised for its music it feels so...weird to have silence on this front. I know I can listen to the songs on youtube, but that really isn't what I want to do and it seems so weird that square isn't just...letting others like me give them money?

SweetYetSalty

Awards
KH3 had a nice soundtrack to listen to. I hope it gets released. They would include the ReMind and Limitcut themes too right?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How can that be when Disney owns everything and Disney loves money? I want to give Disney my money.

They don’t own everything lol

Also working with music labels can be a hassle sometimes. The music industry is hell because of how crazy it all gets.

So there would be the first hurdle of working with Sony for Utada’s music. Then Randy Newman. Disney and SE have to agree on everything.

I wouldn’t know the specifics but I also imagine that an album with so much music to cover (not just KH3 but 0.2, ReMind, Back Cover, maybe UX?) probably also creates pricing and manufacturing issues.

But I’m mostly betting that licensing and figuring out who gets paid what has been the primary issue.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
They don’t own everything lol

Also working with music labels can be a hassle sometimes. The music industry is hell because of how crazy it all gets.

So there would be the first hurdle of working with Sony for Utada’s music. Then Randy Newman. Disney and SE have to agree on everything.

I wouldn’t know the specifics but I also imagine that an album with so much music to cover (not just KH3 but 0.2, ReMind, Back Cover, maybe UX?) probably also creates pricing and manufacturing issues.

But I’m mostly betting that licensing and figuring out who gets paid what has been the primary issue.
Wouldn't the only issue be the orchestra version of "Don't Think Twice"? I don't think they would include "Face My Fears" or "Don't Think Twice" as those were released as singles. Everything else, including "You've Got A Friend In Me" belong to Disney right? Or does Square get ownership of the music?

I mean they released the orchestra album with no issues and that included Don't Think Twice (orchestra version) and You've Got A Friend In Me, so how can the release of the actual recordings used in the game be any different?

I'm just really worried that they skip KH3 on an OST release. I need an official version of Xion's battle theme.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wouldn't the only issue be the orchestra version of "Don't Think Twice"? I don't think they would include "Face My Fears" or "Don't Think Twice" as those were released as singles. Everything else, including "You've Got A Friend In Me" belong to Disney right? Or does Square get ownership of the music?

I mean they released the orchestra album with no issues and that included Don't Think Twice (orchestra version) and You've Got A Friend In Me, so how can the release of the actual recordings used in the game be any different?

I'm just really worried that they skip KH3 on an OST release. I need an official version of Xion's battle theme.

“Passion” and “Hikari” were released as singles and still were released on their respective game’s soundtracks. They would definitely try to get them on the OST.

I’m fairly certain they still have to ask Randy Newman whenever they want to use “You’ve Got A Friend In Me”. After all they have to pay him royalties.

The orchestra was licensed under Disney Concerts, which is a completely different department and I imagine there are protections in place for permutations of songs. It’s why we’ve even seen remix albums.

Also the World of Tres album does not have the orchestra version of “Don’t Think Twice”.

I don’t think they are going to skip it. There is definitely something going on behind the scenes that is keeping it from releasing.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
“Passion” and “Hikari” were released as singles and still were released on their respective game’s soundtracks. They would definitely try to get them on the OST.

I’m fairly certain they still have to ask Randy Newman whenever they want to use “You’ve Got A Friend In Me”. After all they have to pay him royalties.

The orchestra was licensed under Disney Concerts, which is a completely different department and I imagine there are protections in place for permutations of songs. It’s why we’ve even seen remix albums.

Also the World of Tres album does not have the orchestra version of “Don’t Think Twice”.

I don’t think they are going to skip it. There is definitely something going on behind the scenes that is keeping it from releasing.
Disney, just pay Skrillex and let it happen! I want to give Disney my money!

Back