• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sound or video driver update

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingdom2917

Im so cool, I can STILL receive rep
Website
www.myspace.com
Today when I got home I tried to listen to music, and a message popped up saying I needed to update my sound or video drive for my speakers, otherwise I won't be able to use my speakers. well the type of speakers I have is a klipsch promedia 2.1 and the driver is 5.1.2535.0 I have spent a few hours using google, yahoo, the klipsch homepage, and still can't find a new driver update for the speakers. so I was wondering does anyone know where I could find a new driver update for the speakers, or can any driver work for any type of speakers?

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
A bit odd that it would require you to update your drivers in order to work..

In any case, you need to know the sound device on the actual computer, not the klipsch promedia 2.1. A relatively easy way to find that out is go to Run, type in dxdiag, OK, let that load, then go to the Sound tab and look for the Device Name.

For example, http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/57/dxdiaggw4.jpg

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
There shouldn't really be any drivers needed for speakers, themselves. I've never heard of any such thing otherwise. A good way to really find out is do this:

Hook your speakers into a different system... such as a small radio or mp3 player. If the device plays music, then you do NOT need any drivers, period. (Because obviously you can't 'upgrade' drivers for such devices, and the speakers should be compatible with them.) Even if you can only test one speaker at a time, do so.

And lastly, if you can still hear sound on your computer... my suggestion is just not to mess with anything. Trust me, you'll get further by NOT trying to upgrade than by upgrading... and sometimes that's better.

(Except in the case of security upgrades... always try on that end!)

~~Azurith

Kingdom2917

Im so cool, I can STILL receive rep
Website
www.myspace.com
Azu was right about just not trying anything. I waited not trying to use them at all yesterday, and I just tried to see if they would play again today, and all of a sudden they are working again. thanks for the help everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back