• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sorry for this....But there IS NO NEW ASTROLOGICAL SIGNS!!!! AND HERE IS WHY.....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

soraworldseen

Website
ethnic5kh.diaryland.com
Has anyone actually did research on it? Well, I've been studying it, and just recently there was an interview on CNN about it. they talked to Astrologers who claimed that it is a fabrication.

Well there are two types of Astrology. The stupid news report did not explain it! The Astrology that we use and that is popular is Tropical Astrology. The Astronomer in the news is basing his evidence based on Sidereal Astrology. Sidereal Astrology is used by constellations. Tropical Astrology is also known as Western Astrology. This is based off of the four seasons (Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer), the Western climate. (North America and Western Europe). That is what we have been using. In Tropical Astrology there are only TWELVE signs according to the seasons.
In Sidereal Astrology, (and Indian constellations) there are thirteen. Its all in the matter of which interpretation you choose to use. I would much prefer Tropical (Western). To me Climate logically affects our behavior more than stars in the heavens ever could.
For Example, in Western Astrology I am a Taurus. If I were to use Sidereal, the so called "new" astrology, I would be an Aries.
:D Please, spread this message....People will fall for anything even if its not legit.

I don't know whats more hilarious, how the media got everybody fooled, or that people were panicking over their Zodiac Sign change... XD
Type in Tropical Astrology at google. Also type in Sidereal. You will see the difference.
(I am aware there is a post about new astrology signs....but I felt this is something that needed to be clarified thoroughly. Even if you are not into it, its a wake-up call not to believe everything the Media dishes out.)

D

Deleted member 36435

HxOiy.jpg

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Actually, there is still an important distinction. The distinction is that for all intents and purposes, most believe that their zodiac sign is such BECAUSE of the reasons explained in the Sidereal Zodiac. If you asked any person before this date why they were an Aries, or a Libra, what would they say? "it's where the stars were when i was born". Now, what is that? That is the Sidereal Zodiac. They would not say "well, it's a western interpretation of constellations based on North American seasonal periods". No. People believe in their zodiac because they believe that's where the stars were when they were born

Hence, for all intents and purposes, people follow the Sidereal Zodiac. This idea that "western countries use the Tropical Zodiac" is, even moreso, complete nonsense of the "stupid news not reporting right". If you beieve in the zodiac because of its implications in the position of the stars, then indeed this "new zodiac" is absolutely correct. I don't know anyone who follows the zodiac because they think it involves the seasons.

Athel

Machinist
People were freaking out about their sign being changed, and those that I experienced I calmly informed that it doesn't change previous signs, only sets it up that those of later dates would be that way. I was born a Sagittarius, but with this new change, I don't suddenly become an Ophiuchus; I'm still a Sagittarius, but somebody born on my exact birthday this year would be an Ophiuchus.

And while there are different zodiacs based on your position in the world and your viewing point of the stars, most of the world adheres to the Sidereal Zodiac. It's just what happens.

And besides, it's not like it makes a difference anyhow. Astrology began as an art, not a science, and even its original purpose has little to no merit these days.

Last edited:

very differentiable
Awards
Art huh, go figure. Seems the word art is subject to inflation. Pretending to predict the future through generic texts that are BS as art, cool.

soraworldseen

Website
ethnic5kh.diaryland.com
Actually, there is still an important distinction. The distinction is that for all intents and purposes, most believe that their zodiac sign is such BECAUSE of the reasons explained in the Sidereal Zodiac. If you asked any person before this date why they were an Aries, or a Libra, what would they say? "it's where the stars were when i was born". Now, what is that? That is the Sidereal Zodiac. They would not say "well, it's a western interpretation of constellations based on North American seasonal periods". No. People believe in their zodiac because they believe that's where the stars were when they were born

Hence, for all intents and purposes, people follow the Sidereal Zodiac. This idea that "western countries use the Tropical Zodiac" is, even moreso, complete nonsense of the "stupid news not reporting right". If you beieve in the zodiac because of its implications in the position of the stars, then indeed this "new zodiac" is absolutely correct. I don't know anyone who follows the zodiac because they think it involves the seasons.

The reason why the Stars are mentioned is because Ptolemy, the man who made Western Astrology thousands of years ago, connected the stars to climate. (The star in the Tarot deck is represented to give the earth fruitful seasons). But with modern technology, we don't need the stars to determine our climate. We have what you call degrees in a geographical sense. Sadly, EVERYONE followed the Zodiac according to their degrees around the Climate and where the Sun is positioned during each season, and they don't even know it.

If Sidereal Astrology is what everyone wants, then their sign will continue to change. And that is just according to Sun Sign. There are Moon signs, Mercury Signs, Venus Signs, and Mars Signs, etc. Personally its easier to use Tropical when determing the position of the planets at the time of Climate influence.

Obviously, there are more than 13 signs in Sidereal Astrology, considering the tilt on the axis has long changed. This scientist added in an Astrological sign that was discarded BECAUSE back then stars were a way to know the CLIMATE, and predict a good harvest. This sign was not compatible with the Zodiac Wheel of the season in Western Europe, or mid-Western Europe, for that matter. Do the research. Its there. Astrology is not Science. They are not affiliated. So an Astronomer, (Who is a scientist) Cannot say what goes in the Zodiac. :D
Its mostly a matter of personal preference.

If you think stars influence personality more than climate, thats your opinion. I choose to think logically, that our climate affects us.

By the way, if you uses Sidereal, you'd have to change the calender. March was named after MARS which on the axis of the earth, is no longer visible in March. therefore, March is no longer March, its April. They need to change the calendar sense they want to get sidereal. >.>

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
This still doesn't change the fact that astrology is bullshit.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
If you think stars influence personality more than climate, thats your opinion. I choose to think logically, that our climate affects us.

So you choose to denounce something as unlogical, in favor of believing something that is equally unlogical? That's like saying "No, guys, drinking the blood of virgins doesn't make sense because we're just consuming their purity for ourselves! In order to properly appease the gods, we need to throw the virgins into the volcano as a sacrifice to them! Uh-duuhhhhhhhh"

Like I said, I think astrology is absolute bullshit, but I also happen to have the ability to think. so when people tell me shit like "hey it only applies after 2009", I tend to take them aside, show them their position, and tell them why they're not even thinking about their dumb pseudo-science in the correct way.

They may be wrong for thinking that astrology matters, but being wrong about what you're wrong about is even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back