• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's Station of Awakening

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Why is Sora's Station the Princesses of Heart?

• To showcase Disney!

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Kairi's heart being nearby.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • There's actually an explained reason...

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I've got my own ideas!

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
I don't make threads often that can be debated over. But a friend of mine asked this question the other night, and I'd like to know if there really IS an answer or - in case there isn't - any conjecture as to why things are the way they are.

So. Sora's Station of Awakening has stained glass windows that depict some of the Princesses of Heart. Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Belle, etc.
Originally the game was not meant to have more than one installment unless it did well. As we all know, the series hasn't been particularly planned out, and a lot of things that happen in the first game don't always tie in well to future events. Regardless, the Stations have become a recurring theme in awakening one's power to wield a Keyblade, or simply a reflection of their hearts. Roxas' Station features murals of Sora and the gang, while Ventus' Station has images of himself juxtaposed with Vanitas.

Now, getting to the question. We can sort've guess why Roxas' and Ventus' Stations look the way they do. But...Why is Sora's Station the Princesses of Heart?
Whether you think it was just showcasing Disney, Kairi's heart's influence, there actually IS an explained reason, or another reason entirely; I'd like to hear it.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
I'm not entirely sure, cause we've had it drilled into us now that Sora was never meant to wield the keyblade, so to be completely honest, I don't know why he even obtains one in his station of awakening.

Gram

Banned
Awards
*shrugs* I didn't think anything of it really, it was tutorial and all. It might be because Sora didn't have the keyblade yet. Everyone else who's station is shown done has theres.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
*shrugs* I didn't think anything of it really, it was tutorial and all. It might be because Sora didn't have the keyblade yet. Everyone else who's station is shown done has theres.
So your idea is that perhaps we see the Princesses because it is a sort've 'truer' Station? Since he has yet to get a Keyblade for himself, he sees this differently than the others who have already received theirs? A fair point.

But then: what might we see in Sora's heart now that he has his? If the Princesses were the true awakening, what would we see now?
Most likely it would be a mural depicting those important to him, or those close to him; which we know are not always the same thing.
But what if it was the same? (I doubt it would be since things have changed so much) I don't feel like the Stations are going to go away. What if we could go back?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
So your idea is that perhaps we see the Princesses because it is a sort've 'truer' Station? Since he has yet to get a Keyblade for himself, he sees this differently than the others who have already received theirs? A fair point.

But then: what might we see in Sora's heart now that he has his? If the Princesses were the true awakening, what would we see now?
Most likely it would be a mural depicting those important to him, or those close to him; which we know are not always the same thing.
But what if it was the same? (I doubt it would be since things have changed so much) I don't feel like the Stations are going to go away. What if we could go back?
What we would see now?

We saw it in kh2. Sora station of awakening was shown to have murals of riku, kairi, donald, and goofy. The four people most important to him.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
What we would see now?

We saw it in kh2. Sora station of awakening was shown to have murals of riku, kairi, donald, and goofy. The four people most important to him.
Well, yeah. But I'm talking about the current-currently. Now that we know more about the series' history and how even more has happened since.
I'm not trying to be too literal. I just think it's something that could be interesting to discuss.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well, yeah. But I'm talking about the current-currently. Now that we know more about the series' history and how even more has happened since.
I'm not trying to be too literal. I just think it's something that could be interesting to discuss.

Well, we saw Sora's station again in DDD and it hasn't changed a bit.

So my guess is something big would have to happen to Sora in order for his station to change. Maybe it will be altered when Sora saves everyone and defeats xehanort?

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Well, we saw Sora's station again in DDD and it hasn't changed a bit.

So my guess is something big would have to happen to Sora in order for his station to change. Maybe it will be altered when Sora saves everyone and defeats xehanort?
Aaah yes. You're absolutely right! I had quite forgotten about that.

Maybe. I was wondering if they'd use the Station as the tutorial again in KH3. I know not every game does.
But perhaps they will and we could even see something there that doesn't quite belong?
It's been well-established, and even Sora remembers it (sort've).

I guess I'm just kindve hoping that we'll see it again. Only things will be different this time. Both the player and character know more now than we ever did. Especially with all that 3D wildness.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
During KH1, Keyblades and Keyblade wielders were strongly implied to be much more connected to the PoH. Since then the connection has been weird, mostly because the PoH's relevance has wavered throughout the series. Though, considering that the SoA with clear depictions of PoH were ones of those who had already been captured while the ones still free where silhouetted, perhaps it has to do with sleep. Sleep, dreams, and the SoA have always had a special connection with each other.

The way I interpreted it, is that because the other PoH had already been captured and sent into a deep sleep, Sora was sort of "visiting" their SoA and not entirely diving into his own. Since Mickey was present and functioning as a guild I presume he also acted as a sort of "bridge" because he was already an established wielder and could connect other hearts together to a certain degree. Looking back at KH1 the relationship between the PoH and Keyblade wielders seems to have changed a bit since then, so perhaps at the time in order to be recognized as a wielder one had to connect to all the PoH?

Last time we saw Sora's SoA was in 3D and it was the same as in KH2. Which is interesting in its own right. Between then and KH3, I don't know if it'll change, but until that's established Sora's SoA has been constant, and it looks like its been that way for a long time.

Some guy

Wow, that's a very good question. I never wondered about that myself ... But Sora already had a SoA before getting a keyblade, we see it briefly when he welcomes Ventus in his heart. It looks kinda bland though, mostly portraying destiny island; surely because his heart is young, and he has yet to make lasting connections.

And I also though one heart's station is solely comprised of a single pillar, the only exceptions I know of are in KH I/ KH re:coded/ KH II tutorials. Re:coded's is just a retelling of KH I's; and Roxas' awakening happens in a data world, so I don't know if it can be taken seriously ...

And thus, I think ruran might be right in that what we are visiting in KH I are the princesses' SoA. How could it happen? Ansem SoD did believe there was a connection between the keyblade wielders (or was it just the keyblades?) and the PoH, so it's not as farfetched as it seems.

ChibiHearts249

Awards
Wow, that's a very good question. I never wondered about that myself ... But Sora already had a SoA before getting a keyblade, we see it briefly when he welcomes Ventus in his heart. It looks kinda bland though, mostly portraying destiny island; surely because his heart is young, and he has yet to make lasting connections.
Yes indeed. That is because Sora's heart was 'new' at the time, and had yet to be shaped in any way. The blandness most likely symbolizes purity.
And I also though one heart's station is solely comprised of a single pillar, the only exceptions I know of are in KH I/ KH re:coded/ KH II tutorials. Re:coded's is just a retelling of KH I's; and Roxas' awakening happens in a data world, so I don't know if it can be taken seriously...
I understand why you'd think Roxas' Station might not be real since his situation was fabricated. That's an interesting thing, really.
But I say that it was real because of how it seemed to me that DiZ had no control at the time. He wouldn't have let Naminé near Roxas if he had his way. But then there's when he says "Naminé hijacked the data herself," to Riku; one could also infer that Naminé tampered with the simulation. Although how much we don't know. So it could also have been her doing.
And thus, I think ruran might be right in that what we are visiting in KH I are the princesses' SoA. How could it happen? Ansem SoD did believe there was a connection between the keyblade wielders (or was it just the keyblades?) and the PoH, so it's not as farfetched as it seems.
I quite enjoyed reading what Ruran had to say (@Ruran: props to you)!
I love how the Stations are still quite mysterious. I understand how they're a tutorial and not to be taken seriously, but if so...Why alter them in the first place?
If Riku and Kairi were already so integral in Sora's life; why wouldn't they be there from the start? Unless the PoH are tied to one's true awakening as a Keyblade weilder. Just what if Sora's Kingdom Key really is his own and not just power lent from Ven's heart? Bequeathing a Keyblade started with someone getting one somehow, right?

Gram

Banned
Awards
Just what if Sora's Kingdom Key really is his own and not just power lent from Ven's heart? Bequeathing a Keyblade started with someone getting one somehow, right?
Indeed it did start somewhere but Sora is the exception to the rule.

-- This time we saw a "rite of succession"* - is that a required condition for becoming a Keyblade user?

Nomura: That's essentially correct. In terms of the rite itself, the successee just has to make the successor grasp their Keyblade - if this rite is performed by a Keyblade Master, and if they have suitable power, the Keyblade will choose that person as a Keyblade user, and appear before them. Terra, Ventus, all have passed this rite. Sora is the only exception.
link: Birth by Sleep - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

The keyblade Sora has was for Riku:

---Even though Riku was the rightful owner of the Keyblade, then why did Sora obtain the Keyblade in the beginning?
Nomura: Even though I would like to keep that obscure, there is a scene in Destiny islands where Riku is being swallowed by darkness, a light appears, and Sora first obtains the keyblade. With the setting I created, the darkness that surrounds them is Riku’s heart’s darkness. At that moment, Sora enters the darkness, and the light he sees inside is Riku’s heart’s light. Sora, who was squirming in the darkness to save Riku, touched the light and temporarily obtained the Keyblade from Riku.
---Does not the Keyblade itself choose its owner?
link: Kingdom Hearts Ultimania - KH Ultimania - Nomura Interview (part 3)

So the kingdom key truly is Soras he just sorta took it for himself. *coughstoleit*

Ven didn't lend any power at all. His only influence was duel wielding and Roxas' face:

-- So it's not "Once Sora's story is finished, another hero's story will begin", the hero is always Sora.
Nomura: Yes. One of the concepts behind the KH series is that the main character Sora isn't special, he's just a normal boy. Yes he does have connections with Ventus' heart, among others, but he hasn't inherited anything from them. He's just a normal boy you could find anywhere. I wanted to make Sora a character that the player could take onto themselves and feel that you don't have to be special. But connect to many people and you will realize your secret potential. With BbS I want to make fans excited to see Sora's return. The secret event is a symbol of that, so I hope everyone will get to see it and wait for Sora's next adventure.
link: Full Nomura Interview + 20 KH Mysteries Solved! - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

So in a roundabout way it is Sora's power. The kingdom key may have not been his originally but everything is Sora's power alone. So you may be onto something there.
Plus if the stations reflect the heart then wouldn't it be logical to think their appearance is affected by the hearts state? Sora prekeyblade has dream of the PoH he'll meet. Sora BBS only has a simple station or random island scenery. Sora post keyblade is him in his KH1 form (when he acquired said keyblade) surrounded by his closest friends.

Roxas, being Sora's nobody and half his existence, also saw Sora's station. (may even get one of his own when he truly become a separate entity)
Ven's changes too and best shows it since his is directly affected by his heart being a) torn the first time, Sora saves him by connecting b) when Vanitas fuses with him and their stations merge and lastly when he defeats Vanitas and it is restored.

If you wonder why they change then it's likely tied to what they are currently experiencing and seeing.

wolfshadow

Ya'll do know that Sora's SOA in kh1 showed the princess's because they were already captured by Maleficent, right? They don't show Alice, Jasmine, or Kairi because they haven't been captured at that point. And the three silhouettes mentioned below are the three princesses who haven't been captured yet.

This is a qoute from wiki and the link below: The Seven Princesses of Heart make their first appearance in the very beginning of the game, during Sora's Dive to the Heart. There are four stained glass windows representing the four princesses who have been captured before the game's start, Belle, Cinderella, Aurora, and Snow White. There is also a fifth window with three stylized princess silhouettes on it representing the three free princesses, Alice, Jasmine, and Kairi.

Princesses of Heart - The Keyhole: Ye Olde Kingdom Hearts Fansite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back