• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's New Mentor Theory.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
So with Kingdom Hearts 3 done I want to come up with a new theory my theory is the in the next saga Sora will have a new mentor. Now before you ask, "but KingdomKeyper I thought Yen Sid was Sora's mentor. Maybe if you believe that, but I just don't see it not that I have anything agains't Yen Sid, its just I don't think he is right for Sora mentor wise. Especially with everything Sora went through during the events of Dream Drop Distance only for Yen Sid to say nope sorry I can't make him a master sorry and before you say, "Well he failed because he fell to Darkness." I just say this, that is a joke because Sora wasn't even trying to fall to darkness they nabbed him when it happened he wasn't even awake when it happened.

Now with that out of the way let's talk about Sora's new mentor keep in mind this is just my guess if you have a better mentor candidate let me know in the comment's bellow.

My first pick is Ava now before you say, but KingdomKeyper Ava isn't alive. If all the other Fourtellers are back why shouldn't Ava. Interesting theory is that I assumed Ava was watching Sora ever since he summoned the Keyblade. One reason is she is going to need someone who understand lost Ava can understanding that since Ava lost her fellow comrades and her student's had gone missing I think she can understand. Should Ava be Sora's mentor I can see her telling Sora his life story as well as warn Sora to keep what he is doing more of a secret to protect his friends. It would be interesting cause we could see something interesting about Sora and isolated Sora.

The next mentor is actually a character I wanted to see in Kingdom Hearts 3 since he was introduced and that person is Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. This one may sound more randome, but hear me out. For one the name of what Sora is lost he failed the exam, as well as almost lost his friends, and even almost losing the woman he loves. No one knows lost better that Oswald he has been a forgotten Disney character having something like that in the Kingdom Hearts lore.

Obiewantsanipod

I strongly disagree. I can see Sora staying at the Land of Departure at some point in the future. Aqua is now a keyblade master, Terra isn't far behind, it makes for the perfect setup. Sora and Ven can be trained there and it wouldn't seem out of place or random at all.

Speaking of Yen Sid, I remember reading somewhere that he trained alongside Xehanort and Eraqus. If we do get a Xehanort game, do you think Disney would be up to authorizing a younger version of him, or do you think we'll have an old man training with a bunch of kids?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Going by Sora's current predicament in Shibuya, if he were to have a mentor figure next time it'd most likely be TWEWY's resident mentor Sanae Hanekoma (who's a better one than Yen Sid will ever be.)

Speaking of Yen Sid, I remember reading somewhere that he trained alongside Xehanort and Eraqus. If we do get a Xehanort game, do you think Disney would be up to authorizing a younger version of him, or do you think we'll have an old man training with a bunch of kids?
Just watch. Nomura won't be allowed a younger Yen Sid so'll retcon him to be Eraqus and Xehanort's master. He'll look as old then as he does now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Isn't that a bit of an antithesis to Sora's entire character and story? The whole thing about Sora is that he has no mentor or master. He isn't trained, he isn't much for following orders but he isn't really a leader yet, either, and everything he has done or learned has been because of his own efforts, his belief in his friends, and his ability to carry the burden of hope on his shoulders.

He doesn't need a mentor, mostly because he really doesn't know how to listen to anybody except Riku and maybe sometimes Donald and Goofy.

The closest he had to a mentor was Leon, but even in KH2 they were closer to equals or something vaguely akin to a brotherly relationship, and lol KH3 totally ignored Leon and the others so that's really something that isn't going anywhere anymore.

Yen Sid has definitely never been Sora's mentor. Yen Sid is really just there to be the wise old man giving pertinent information when the plot needs an info dump.

Going by Sora's current predicament in Shibuya, if he were to have a mentor figure next time it'd most likely be TWEWY's resident mentor Sanae Hanekoma (who's a better one than Yen Sid will ever be.)

Let's be real. Would Sora even listen to Mr. H? I feel like he'd be the type to drop in WildKat Cafe, eat up whatever sugary foods are available, listen to Sanae give advise, and say "Thanks mister, but I'm good!" then run off and do the exact opposite of what Mr. H said.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
He doesn't need a mentor, mostly because he really doesn't know how to listen to anybody except Riku and maybe sometimes Donald and Goofy.

I mean, he listens to Mickey...... Sometimes?

giphy.gif

allenleonardo

Awards
Isn't that a bit of an antithesis to Sora's entire character and story? The whole thing about Sora is that he has no mentor or master. He isn't trained, he isn't much for following orders but he isn't really a leader yet, either, and everything he has done or learned has been because of his own efforts, his belief in his friends, and his ability to carry the burden of hope on his shoulders.

Yen Sid has definitely never been Sora's mentor. Yen Sid is really just there to be the wise old man giving pertinent information when the plot needs an info dump.

I fully agree with you. I dont think that Sora needs a mentor at all. He was perfectly fine with being self-taught and saved the worlds a couple of times even without one. I also dont see Yen Sid as his mentor. He never really did much for him, other than giving him the new clothes (which are done by the fairies) and some information. Even when Riku and Sora had to relearn their skills to be proper masters he never taught them anything. He sent them out without help which in turn made Sora go into Xehanorts trap thus losing a lot of his power.

So no master please. That is just not part of Soras character. (And seeing his skills now, what would a master truly teach him anyway?)

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Let's be real. Would Sora even listen to Mr. H? I feel like he'd be the type to drop in WildKat Cafe, eat up whatever sugary foods are available, listen to Sanae give advise, and say "Thanks mister, but I'm good!" then run off and do the exact opposite of what Mr. H said.
Well, I never said this would mean Sora would actually listen now did I? XD

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sora only ever listens to his hearts. Now more than ever with the "May your heart be your guiding key"

Awards
Thank you for letting me know your perspective.

I actually agree why does Sora need a master I mean every thing he learned he learened by himself. Maybe thats why Sora seams to be more stronger that Aqua, Terra, and Ventus.

Because he learns buy aobserving yeah Namura maybe you shouldn't use star wars or marvel in Kingdom Hearts just encase you think.

I mean can you inmagine how powerful Sora would be if he had a Lightsaber, or thor's hammer

Back