• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

soras mom

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

xTeamSorax

hahaha, if i were Sora, the first thing I would say to Kairi and Riku when we three got back to the islands is "damn...we're in pretty deep sh*t."

Mirkitsune

We definitely hear her say "Sora, dinner's ready, come on down! Sora?" in the beginning of KH.

And I'm fairly certain that in addition to BBS, Sora mentions /both/ parents in Re: CoM. I can't confirm right now, though. The PS2's wayyyyy over there.

Wherever his parents are, they better be proud of him. :/ If I had a kid, and he went AWOL for a year or two to save the world, I'd be proud of him. After I beat him for leaving.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
We definitely hear her say "Sora, dinner's ready, come on down! Sora?" in the beginning of KH.

And I'm fairly certain that in addition to BBS, Sora mentions /both/ parents in Re: CoM. I can't confirm right now, though. The PS2's wayyyyy over there.

Wherever his parents are, they better be proud of him. :/ If I had a kid, and he went AWOL for a year or two to save the world, I'd be proud of him. After I beat him for leaving.

Protecting the world order means not letting other people know about the existence of others worlds. If Sora actually remembers this, he wouldn't be able to tell his parents the truth regarding his 1+ year absence, and will likely make something up.

Allister Rose

French Lover
i'm kind of glad that they didn't show Sora's and riku's parents....it makes itmore of an adventure for SRK.

i wouldn't have liked it as much if sora kept talkinga bout his parents....

Epif

The Delicious
Website
epiphany-delirium.tumblr.com
Connections seem to be an overlapping theme within the series, but that has always been on the stronger of the two connections: kinship/friends and loved ones. As opposed to the other type, family, in that you don't choose who is in your family and you are stuck with them whether you like it or not.

I'm very glad they didn't make the (first) trio relatives, because that would have made Sora's entire search for them seem more like a sense of forced duty than wanting to save and protect those he cared for.

I think that, if they had made models for his parents, they would have gone to waste: they play no part in the overall plot, nor to the individual plots of any of the games. The only relatives that made some sort of appearance served the plot in some way: Kairi's grandmother with the story of the Keyblade War and (though not explicitly said) why the worlds in the Realm of Light are separate. With Ienzo and Ansem the Wise, I would say that also gives something to the plot, as Ienzo was the one to convince Ansem the Wise to build a lab in the basement of Radiant Garden.

Sora's mother and father have not supplied anything to the plot, save his father (once again not directly or explicitly) with explaining how kid Sora and kid Riku got to the play island, and even noting that the island's buildings and such were there with the parents' blessing (in other words, they made sure the homeless didn't go there, or that creeps hung out there).

Admittedly, if at least Sora's parents cared so much of their child, why they forgot about Sora when his room remained the same is beyond me. But I think that is something that a novelette in Kairi's perspective of her time after KH1 and before KH2 can explain, and need not be within the games.

Rexy

Bronze Member
sora's mom is MF the secret boss on BBS
she's pissed 'cause Sora went out of home during one year and more some time and then she went to the past to no have the same mistake xD

Z

Zulkir

But once he learned that the entire world had been destroyed, wouldn't he have been devastated that his family is gone? He was more concerned about his friends than his family.

Remember, this is Kingdom Hearts. The person who occasionally plays with you is the most important person of your life. The woman who went through the pain of pregnancy for you, woke up every hour to feed you, clean you, cloth you, raise you, constantly give you attention and took care of your through your childhood to the best of her ability and beyond means absolutely nothing.

Well...I don't think KH is really like that, I think the "caring for family" is an implied concern, not a direct one. In other words, I think Sora cares a LOT about his parents, but since that isn't the main focus of KH, it isn't put in the script a lot.

Think of it as eating, sleeping, and going to the bathroom. You naturally assume Sora does that as well, but Square isn't going to make little cutscenes dedicated to eating and the bathroom happen every couple hours of gameplay.

Imo, all of the characters care a lot about their family, it just doesn't have a place in the script of the game.

TheScaryRiddle

i'm kind of glad that they didn't show Sora's and riku's parents....it makes itmore of an adventure for SRK.

i wouldn't have liked it as much if sora kept talkinga bout his parents....

Sora: Hey, guys?

D&G: Yeah?

Sora: You know who I really miss?

D&G: Riku and Kairi?

Sora: No... my mom.

D&G: OMG!!! STFU about your mom already!!!
----
But seriously, family isn't important. It's been confirmed. So this thread seems pretty useless to me.

LoyalBlue

I personally agree with others saying they aren't important for the story. However they maybe introduced in a later game (held hostage by Xehanort maybe?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back