• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's Japanese battle quotes

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
I've always wondered what exactly Sora's Japanese battle quotes in KH2 are and what they mean. Heard them, but can't discern a single word correctly, nor can I find a video with an audio rip. Any rips or a typed out list of the quotes would help!

χBladeMaster

Destiny Islands, finally winning races against Rik
I've always wondered what exactly Sora's Japanese battle quotes in KH2 are and what they mean. Heard them, but can't discern a single word correctly, nor can I find a video with an audio rip. Any rips or a typed out list of the quotes would help!

Hmm, I know a couple:

おわりだ: owari da: this is the end (This is it!)
光よ:hikari yo: light!
俺にちから: ore ni chikara: strength to me (Give me strength!)

I'll post more if I think of them

5glitchers5

Awards
They would be easy to rip, in fact I've ripped Re: CoM Sora's battle voices which a lot of people have had trouble with. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn_W5fwXZ_0

χBladeMaster

χBladeMaster;6247113 said:
Ah got it.

It's 受け止める (uketomero): take this!

Watched some gameplay in Japanese, realized I missed a few.

とどめだ (todome da) - it's the finishing blow (another "This is it!" maybe?)
くらえ (kurae) - eat it! (another "Take this!")
いこうよ (iko yo) - let's go!

Though for some reason Sora likes to make his vowels all sound like 'i'. So it sounds like "kirae," "iki yo," and "ukite miro" but truly it's not so.

Awards
χBladeMaster;6247136 said:
Watched some gameplay in Japanese, realized I missed a few.

とどめだ (todome da) - it's the finishing blow (another "This is it!" maybe?)
くらえ (kurae) - eat it! (another "Take this!")
いこうよ (iko yo) - let's go!

Though for some reason Sora likes to make his vowels all sound like 'i'. So it sounds like "kirae," "iki yo," and "ukite miro" but truly it's not so.

Thanks a great deal xBladeMaster. I must ask, are you a native Japanese speaker? You seem to have a pretty firm grip of the language I must say.

χBladeMaster

Thanks a great deal xBladeMaster. I must ask, are you a native Japanese speaker? You seem to have a pretty firm grip of the language I must say.

No problem! And I'm happy you think so, but no I've just been studying the language pretty seriously for a few months now, so I like to practice by watching Japanese playthroughs and anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back