• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SORA'S HAIR? (His New Look)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

beastlycool

I know this is like the most trivial of things, but it kinda bother me... Why would they change Sora's iconic hair? It just doesn't feel like the same Sora with a different hair style. They said they just reduced the volume... but that totally wasn't necessary. Maybe in time I will grow to appreciate this new look, and I really don't mind the rest of his costume. Just wondering, does his new hair bother anyone else? :confused: Because this is such a small issue, I feel like a petition could easily remedy this, but if this doesn't matter to anyone else, I might as well just leave it alone.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
I didn't see a whole lot of a difference personally, I think he looks like his CG counterpart honestly. His hair is definitely brown like in KH1 though, and not the very slight gold it was in KH2. Which is something I like.

Rosebudx

Awards
Aside from being a costume change, I think the hairstyle reflects a change in Sora's demeanor. In many cultures, getting a new hairstyle or even just a cut is symbolic for change in one's life or soul. Since Sora's hair has just been cut, not drastically changed, it could be indicative of a new or deepened maturity and less internal chaos. We might see a more serious Sora, but not a completely somber one.

The hair did bother me at first, but it's growing on me.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I like it,especially how it looks in twilight town.

I never liked how spikey his hair was.It was nice needed change.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned
So he'd be rocking a buzzcut?

Fuck no to buzzcut on Sora or anyone. Just less of a spiky mess sticking out from the sides of his head like some set of gel made wings.
Just a tone down basically.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
They changed it from KH1 to KH2 so why wouldn't they change it again?

I can't imagine the mess of hair he had with his sleeker outfit.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
WCVbXFY.gif

Just a major improvement.

His hair just looked way to much like a porcupine.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I don't think a new haircut for Sora is worth a petition.

I dont care much for his new hairstyle, but compared to his god awful new outfit it is tolerable. Just glad he didnt make it spikier as others have pointed out

MasterZero

Eh. To be honest, online petitions rarely seem to work out (Tron Uprising, Young Justice, and Spectacular Spider-man all prove that to me...), and I'm fairly okay with the hair. I'd need to see it a few more times at a few different angles to get a better opinion on it, but it seems okay.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
To me, it looks like they're keeping in line with giving the MCs haircuts that resemble the ones they had as kids, just a little more textured. In 3D, Riku's haircut was similar to the one he sported as a child and now Sora's doing the same thing. As someone mentioned already, these things are usually symbolic. Kairi will probably get a haircut too and I'm half expecting it to also resemble the one she had as a kid, only more stylized.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
To me, it looks like they're keeping in line with giving the MCs haircuts that resemble the ones they had as kids, just a little more textured. In 3D, Riku's haircut was similar to the one he sported as a child and now Sora's doing the same thing. As someone mentioned already, these things are usually symbolic. Kairi will probably get a haircut too and I'm half it expecting it to also resemble the one she had as a kid, only more stylized,
Analysis accepted. I will now be disappointed with anything else.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Sora finally learned how to use a brush.

I like Sora's new subdued hair. It's at least better than how his old style looks in this game's graphic style , which just looks friggin' wacky here.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
That's what I said on another thread. I don't like it as well. The length doesn't bother me that much, but his bangs have changed it a way that he looks a bit like an emo.

SephirothZ

I enjoy the new haircut, a little more realistic and not as crazy. It still has the same design really, just a little shorter.
The first time I saw the outfit, I did not really like, but I have watched the trailer about 5 times now and have seen different pictures of it and it actually is pretty cool.

I agree with what someone already mentioned, I think these changes indicate a little bit more mature, darker, and serious Sora.

Anagram

Banned
That's what I said on another thread. I don't like it as well. The length doesn't bother me that much, but his bangs have changed it a way that he looks a bit like an emo.

Its Kingdom Hearts. At least one character has to be emo per game. It is the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back