• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's gift?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaruAudo

In the end of the second visit to Halloween Town Sora says maybe he never got Kairi a real present, and the other two say it's in his heart that matters and all she ever needs is to be with him and all that. What was the meaning of this conversation? I may be dumb but I didn't understand well, did Sora actually ever give her anything and I don't remember it? Or he wanted to give her something but never did?

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Love, my friend. He gave her love.

Nevermind, I'm just as clueless are you are.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
In the end of the second visit to Halloween Town Sora says maybe he never got Kairi a real present, and the other two say it's in his heart that matters and all she ever needs is to be with him and all that. What was the meaning of this conversation? I may be dumb but I didn't understand well, did Sora actually ever give her anything and I don't remember it? Or he wanted to give her something but never did?

He gave her the power of undeclared, yet heavily referenced, love. Lol maybe he drew something else in the secret place, I don't know xD

BufferAndLoad said:
Hm?

OH, OH, OH, OH

Really? xD

You know it! Btw what is that gif from?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
*side steps off-topic RWBY conversation*

He's talking about Christmas. The first visit was about Sora's Christmas memories with Riku, and the second is about his childhood memories of Christmas with Kairi, though the game does a shitty job of conveying that.

Awards
Well, judging by the conversation before it

Sally: What a nice present.

Jack: I don't understand. There's no box! No ribbon tied in a bow!

Sora: Jack, it's not about the box or the ribbons. It's about what's inside the box!

Sally: No, Sora. What really counts---what's really special---is the act of giving the gift. To wish deep in your heart to make someone else happy.

Jack: Right...of course! Thank you, Sally, you're absolutely right. Wait! What's this? I feel so strange...so very happy!

Goofy: Jack, that must be Sally's present!

Jack: Really? This wonderful feeling?

(He takes her hands in his)

Jack: Oh, Sally! You've given me the nicest present in the world! And I've nothing to give you in return. What would you like? Just name it. Absolutely anything.

Sally: The nicest present I could ever ask for, Jack, is just to be with you.

(Sora, Donald, and Goofy are feeling a little bashful)

Jack: You don't even have to ask for that.

(Jack picks Sally up and jumps. They dance, hand in hand)

Sora: Maybe I never gave her a real present after all.

He could have just realized that he cared too much about the contents of the box when it was just established that the true gift is the feelings you give someone. It seems he was never all that happy with the stuff he picked out for Kairi on Christmas because she's the type that's hard to choose for. That's all he meant, that maybe nothing he ever gave Kairi was as true a gift as the ones he just witnessed being exchanged.

Or maybe he's feeling bad for leaving Kairi alone on the island for a year when Sally just said the best present she could have is being together with Jack.

OkaruAudo

*side steps off-topic RWBY conversation*

He's talking about Christmas. The first visit was about Sora's Christmas memories with Riku, and the second is about his childhood memories of Christmas with Kairi, though the game does a shitty job of conveying that.

Wait the first visit was about his Christmas memories with Riku? That flew right over my head... Explain please

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Wait the first visit was about his Christmas memories with Riku? That flew right over my head... Explain please

KH2 tries to use narrative ties so Sora's got some sort of arc in each world (it's not successful). Sora's first priority in searching the worlds is finding Riku, so naturally Riku is on his mind from time to time. It's alluded to that Sora was a big fan of Santa until Riku had to be a butt about it, and Santa shows Sora that believing does pay off in the end.

I suggest playing KH2 in as few sittings as possible. There's way too much that you can forget or gloss over if you let the plot wander.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I also agree to finish KH2 as fast as possible, mostly because if you drag it out, your personal canon starts to merge with the actual canon.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I also agree to finish KH2 as fast as possible, mostly because if you drag it out, your personal canon starts to merge with the actual canon.
Honestly, in that case, dragging it out may make KH2 better because actual canon leaves a lot to be desired with that game lol.

OkaruAudo

I have noticed it really messes you up when you take long breaks and I wish I hadn't taken such big breaks because I feel like somehow I'm missing something. Sora awakens and finds Yen Sid for guidance who explains nobodies and how the Organization has some unknown plan. Maleficent and Pete are trying to build on their heartless army which also aides the Organization who is using Sora's anger to kill heartless and collect hearts. And something about making Sora doubt himself??? Anyway, Maleficent saves Sora from heartless so he can destroy the Organization and the Org. goes from world to world trying to turn more into heartless to get even more hearts. Ansem is Xehanort's heartless who is also the somebody of Xemnas. Xehanort and the others wanted to conduct research on darkness. Anything I've left out? And why did they do the research, how did it turn them into heartless?

Trying to not ruin the game by taking forever sorry guys.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Their research is the research talked about in KH1's Ansem Reports. As for how they turned into Heartless + Nobodies, you find out by reading the Secret Ansem Reports, which you collect throughout KH2. So just keep going and it will fall into place.

OkaruAudo

And I'm now very tempted to restart the game despite being near the end, I feel like I must understand the story even if I wouldn't want to restart. So please somebody help me go over all that has happened so far, I would greatly appreciate it, I'm at the part where what I think is the final world has appeared. Something about two Twilight Towns? Just after the second visits to the Disney worlds. Somebody tell me, do I have it all correct so far? If not help explain please, any little details I'm missing?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
And I'm now very tempted to restart the game despite being near the end, I feel like I must understand the story even if I wouldn't want to restart. So please somebody help me go over all that has happened so far, I would greatly appreciate it, I'm at the part where what I think is the final world has appeared. Something about two Twilight Towns? Just after the second visits to the Disney worlds.
Honestly you sound like you grasp the story completely. I really wouldn't worry about it and would suggest you just keep playing. KH2 isn't a very well-written game and if there are things you don't understand you likely wouldn't on a complete restart either? It's just not very good, lol, and there are a lot of holes in it. Just keep playing and then, if after you're finished, you still have some questions then we can help you out as much as we can. I don't really suggest restarting a 50+ hour game all over again just because the contrived Disney world story was unclear lol.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Also there is a reason a lot of the games post KH2 are just trying to make that game make more sense lol

OkaruAudo

Thank you! Okay I'll beat it soon! Hopefully the next few days, I'm playing it on Proud though so any suggestions on the final boss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back