• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora's First Journey's Anniversary

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
So, after a little bit of digging I found no one talked about this, so I might as well make it a thread.
In Halloween Town Plaza in the first game there's this clock with a counter to how many days until Halloween (36). Which means, that at least in Halloween Town it should be September 26th when Sora is visiting.
Now: in DDD it has been said every world has its own time axis, so perhaps calling this day the day Sora made the whole journey might be too much. Still, the time discrepancies between worlds never seemed all that great, at least for the worlds we visit (in KH1 the Heartless invasion was more or less at the same development in all the worlds, and even in DDD the gap never goes beyond minutes).
So... idk. Give or take a few days, I'd like to think this time frame might be when Sora's first journey took place (totally not biased because I was born in September).

What do you guys think? And was anyone aware already? I gotta imagine others got to this before me.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Soldier

Awards
So, after a little bit of digging I found no one talked about this, so I might as well make it a thread.
In Halloween Town Plaza in the first game there's this clock with a counter to how many days until Halloween (36). Which means, that at least in Halloween Town it should be September 26th when Sora is visiting.
Now: in DDD it has been said every world has its own time axis, so perhaps calling this day the day Sora made the whole journey might be too much. Still, the time discrepancies between worlds never seemed all that great, at least for the worlds we visit (in KH1 the Heartless invasion was more or less at the same development in all the worlds, and even in DDD the gap never goes beyond minutes).
So... idk. Give or take a few days, I'd like to think this time frame might be when Sora's first journey took place (totally not biased because I was born in September).

What do you guys think? And was anyone aware already? I gotta imagine others got to this before me.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
It's too bad there is no time in space that would unify the world's cycles of temporal passing. Otherwise we would be able to just count the minutes it takes for the worlds to fall BEFORE destiny islands collapses.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If nothing else, it was probably early or mid summer when KH1 begins. Keep in mind that if Sora slept a year, which rolled into the end of summer vacation in Twilight Town, and before that he had spent around 28 days in Castle Oblivion, before that was at least a month or two of traveling and saving the universe.

We know Kairi is in school around the same time Twilight Town is in school, so they must have a similar time axis.

So if we tried to frame everything, I think Sora’s first journey and CoM probably started June in his world and went to the end of August/beginning of September? (End of August typically being the end of summer vacation for a lot of schools around the real world)

But the true answer is that time is intentionally left ambiguous in the series except when time frames are specifically given. We can’t really guesstimate anything accurately in KH1 due to the fluidity of time to give a sense of a grander journey.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
It's too bad there is no time in space that would unify the world's cycles of temporal passing. Otherwise we would be able to just count the minutes it takes for the worlds to fall BEFORE destiny islands collapses.

Ah, calculating the time for every KH journey or event has remained a dream of mine since childhood.
That said, you make a good observation: Traverse Town and Destiny Islands are practically in the same time axis, given Donald and Goofy see the star going out when Sora's still unconcious.

If nothing else, it was probably early or mid summer when KH1 begins. Keep in mind that if Sora slept a year, which rolled into the end of summer vacation in Twilight Town, and before that he had spent around 28 days in Castle Oblivion, before that was at least a month or two of traveling and saving the universe.

We know Kairi is in school around the same time Twilight Town is in school, so they must have a similar time axis.

So if we tried to frame everything, I think Sora’s first journey and CoM probably started June in his world and went to the end of August/beginning of September? (End of August typically being the end of summer vacation for a lot of schools around the real world)

But the true answer is that time is intentionally left ambiguous in the series except when time frames are specifically given. We can’t really guesstimate anything accurately in KH1 due to the fluidity of time to give a sense of a grander journey.

That's probably a more meticulous and realistic view on it. Some people I showed this theory also made the observation about Roxas' summer vacations and the year.
While I always argued about the journey not being a single day just because you never see them sleep, for some reason I never thoguht about it being multiple months long, even if nothing disproves it.

You're right tho, this is merely fun speculating, I'm certainly not gonna pretend Nomura studied everything to this extent.
...though I might try and work this 26th September into an anniversary of some sort.

Soldier

Awards
Ah, calculating the time for every KH journey or event has remained a dream of mine since childhood.
That said, you make a good observation: Traverse Town and Destiny Islands are practically in the same time axis, given Donald and Goofy see the star going out when Sora's still unconcious.

That's probably a more meticulous and realistic view on it. Some people I showed this theory also made the observation about Roxas' summer vacations and the year.
While I always argued about the journey not being a single day just because you never see them sleep, for some reason I never thoguht about it being multiple months long, even if nothing disproves it.
I think that specific scene you mention in KH just means that whenever one of the stars fade, it goes out at the same time in every world. Now this further part is just a theory i spun up on the spot, but what if the star disappearing can only be seen in worlds whose internal clock is set to night, (i.e Traverse Town, Halloween Town, Neverland) while the ones that are set during the day (Deep Jungle, Olympus Coliseum, Agrabah) won't show the event of it blinking out, but WILL show that it did go out when it becomes night. So in essence, there COULD BE a universal time in the lanes between like a world fading, but only certain worlds can show it. Kind of like when a star explodes in our galaxy, it can be seen when it is nighttime in one part of the world, but those stuck in daytime/evening won't see it is gone until their respective time zone becomes night.

Also, how can the Twilight Town residents sleep if the sun never sets? wouldn't that make everyone an insomniac? I know we saw Roxas in his pajamas in one scene, but due to the scenario revolving that twilight town I think it's ambiguous.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Also, how can the Twilight Town residents sleep if the sun never sets? wouldn't that make everyone an insomniac? I know we saw Roxas in his pajamas in one scene, but due to the scenario revolving that twilight town I think it's ambiguous.

Same as people on this earth who live half a year or more in sunlight? Blackout windows.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
COUNTERARGUMENT, we actually see his window, and there is no Blackout element to it.

TRUE. But maybe it is magic blackout windows?

Roxas has a lamp/nightlight in his room, which would make no sense if it stays light outside all of the time. So either it does get dark outside or it is possible to make it very dark in the house, which would make the lamp necessary.

Soldier

Awards
th

What are you referring to? the fish mobile at the head of his bed? that's just one of those sliders that continuously depicts the same thing moving in a clockwise/counter clockwise rotation, What do they call those things? a carousel? you see em all the time in dollar stores.

Or is it the thing off to the left with that flashing star? hate to burst your bubble Spockanort, but that's either a supercomputer or an oven.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I think that specific scene you mention in KH just means that whenever one of the stars fade, it goes out at the same time in every world. Now this further part is just a theory i spun up on the spot, but what if the star disappearing can only be seen in worlds whose internal clock is set to night, (i.e Traverse Town, Halloween Town, Neverland) while the ones that are set during the day (Deep Jungle, Olympus Coliseum, Agrabah) won't show the event of it blinking out, but WILL show that it did go out when it becomes night. So in essence, there COULD BE a universal time in the lanes between like a world fading, but only certain worlds can show it. Kind of like when a star explodes in our galaxy, it can be seen when it is nighttime in one part of the world, but those stuck in daytime/evening won't see it is gone until their respective time zone becomes night.

Oh well, analyzing this deeper (just for the fun of it, of course), it should be noted not even in the real world can we see a star going out when it happens, but only when the speed of light crosses the distance.
Now, perhaps in the KH Universe it is possible the distance between Destiny Islands and Traverse Town was less than (roughly) 300 mil meters per second and thusly it was almost istantaneous, but I gotta imagine a more distant world would witness that happening a bit later.

It's also always night time in Traverse Town.
Wonderful atmosphere by all means, but man the inhabitants got lucky it was only temporary.

Soldier

Awards
Oh well, analyzing this deeper (just for the fun of it, of course), it should be noted not even in the real world can we see a star going out when it happens, but only when the speed of light crosses the distance.
Now, perhaps in the KH Universe it is possible the distance between Destiny Islands and Traverse Town was less than (roughly) 300 mil meters per second and thusly it was almost istantaneous, but I gotta imagine a more distant world would witness that happening a bit later.

It's also always night time in Traverse Town.
Wonderful atmosphere by all means, but man the inhabitants got lucky it was only temporary.
It's also worth noting that in Disney Castle, The king witnessed the stars "goin out one by one" which led to his swift departure. And we know that on the world map we can see Disney Castle is near Traverse Town, like right next door. Going by the logic that the king looked up at the night sky and saw multiple stars fading, it can be surmised that when a star goes out in the KH universe, it can be seen in most if not all worlds. Another argument i'll throw into the mix is Kairis letter at the end of KH 2.
In it, she says and i quote:
"There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, One sky, one destiny"
I know this was meant to be a sappy love letter to some boy she remembered a day before writing this, but considering her exposure to other worlds, she could have possibly meant it as a literal fact of the universe. If they share the same sky, then they share the same stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back