• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora Vs. Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sora Vs. Roxas as a main character?

• Sora

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • Roxas

Votes: 51 37.5%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Both.

Votes: 40 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, I know. What I meant was that Sora's accepting nature about saving the universe was something very admirable. Even though it was something that almost came as an attachment to saving his friends, he still had a very good nature about the whole thing, and managed to keep his upbeat attitude with a few emotional downturns here and there.

I'm not so sure it was that he accepted saving the universe, as much as that he had support. That's something I noticed that I kind of like about the difference between Sora and Riku (And Roxas and Riku as a result). Riku can do well enough on his own so long as he has his friends there as motivation (arguably Kairi and Sora in KH1, Sora post KH1), while Sora needs his friends to be there for him right by his side. The only reason he managed in Hollow Bastion was because 1) he had Beast with him, 2) he got Donald and Goofy back soon enough, and he didn't truly recover until they were back by his side.
Donald and Goofy want Sora to help them save the universe. He'd be doing it for his friends.

Yes, that is true. It seems that Sora is the type to bottle his emotions up, the unfortunate side affects of this being the mood swings, although they did seem a bit unnatural, unlike in COM. Maybe the mood swings are all the more prominent due to the fact that Sora rarely has them, or hides them very effectively from an obvious amount of viewers.

CoM was one big enormous mental breakdown for him. I blame it mostly on a guilt trip that came from locking Riku up behind the DtD, which Sora later directed at the guilt at 'forgetting' Namine.
The more the series progresses however the more his mood swings become more apparent, and you can hear the truth ringing in his words when he says at the end of KH2 the Darkness had gotten to him too.

I agree with everything you've said here. :wink:

Are you a member of the Sora fanclub? ;)

I do agree with this as well, the only thing being that Sora might have experienced some side effects from his memory being so jumbled. He has also missed out on a year of memories, experiences, etc...Or it could be the different writers for his character,but, nonetheless Sora is a lovable retard in KH2. :)

It's probably the difference in writers. KH1 to CoM Sora were different... albeit not as much as KH2 imo x_x they REALLY dumbed him down. It's like... his hormones kicked in or something but they forgot to let him know about it ._.;

Awards
Yeah I think Sora has a bit of growing up to do, but I personally don't want him to lose his childish attitude. He has shown that he can be mature though, just in his own way.

Muse

you look atrocious
Sora was plenty mature for his age in the first two games.

KH2 just dumbed him down. :I

Paupu911

I'd say Sora, because although Roxas is obviously the better character, Sora seems better for the main character even if he's a bit too happy at times. Besides, they have their own roles in the game, and Roxas is still uber-awesome even if he's not the main character.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
:\ I prefer a mood swinging hyperactive brat over an emo brat that knows nothing about the world and spits in the face of the people that were doing their best to protect him even if they did mess it up, and raging at them even when the people offended by the so called friends saw no point to it.

Soughtdragon

I'm not so sure it was that he accepted saving the universe, as much as that he had support. That's something I noticed that I kind of like about the difference between Sora and Riku (And Roxas and Riku as a result). Riku can do well enough on his own so long as he has his friends there as motivation (arguably Kairi and Sora in KH1, Sora post KH1), while Sora needs his friends to be there for him right by his side. The only reason he managed in Hollow Bastion was because 1) he had Beast with him, 2) he got Donald and Goofy back soon enough, and he didn't truly recover until they were back by his side.
Donald and Goofy want Sora to help them save the universe. He'd be doing it for his friends.

This is very true. Sora did say in Hollow Bastion that his friends were his strength. What I'm just trying to say is that he had a positive attitude regardless of motives. It is good that Sora is able to derive strength from his friends because he just so happens to have a lot of them, which makes him all the stronger. Sora doesn't seem to have a lot of sense so having friends beside him is a definite benefit. He sometimes needs to be protected, in the sense that he doesn't think in terms of practicality. His friends take care of these problems for him.
CoM was one big enormous mental breakdown for him. I blame it mostly on a guilt trip that came from locking Riku up behind the DtD, which Sora later directed at the guilt at 'forgetting' Namine.
The more the series progresses however the more his mood swings become more apparent, and you can hear the truth ringing in his words when he says at the end of KH2 the Darkness had gotten to him too.

So true, I found Sora in COM very interesting, definitely a different side, but good for the development of his character nonetheless. :)

Are you a member of the Sora fanclub? ;)

I'm still sort of new to this place and haven't explored very much, so no, I am not. But now that you mention it I should join. :)

I like your responses, they are very well thought out. You know your Kingdom Hearts and actually look deeply at the characters which I greatly appreciate. :)

MrCookie

I never really thought about it. But now that I do I can see why you like Roxas more. So yeah, I think Roxas is a better main character.

Muse

you look atrocious
I don't think that gameplay should count. XD;

saix-insanefan

I prefer Roxas basicaly because he has so much more depth and detail to his character. Sora is alright, but like it was first said, he just seemed a little too happy for me. He's really just you're typical hero who has to save the worlds from destruction and I felt there wasn't much to his character.

I felt a lot more with the depth and detail to Roxas's character. It could be seen that even though he was a Nobody, he seemed to suffer from emotions that he supposedly carried in his being.

Muse

you look atrocious
Have you played CoM? o: Sora gets a drastic personality change.

Muse

you look atrocious
Oh yeah.

That and most people just played KH2. :v

ven12roxas

they both have there stong point but i prefer a more happ chacter but i do think it would be nice if sora had a tiny bit more anger and there both badass:36:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back