• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora Vs. Roxas

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sora Vs. Roxas as a main character?

• Sora

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • Roxas

Votes: 51 37.5%
  • Don't care.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Both.

Votes: 40 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
I love Roxas.

And I like him better.

Don't care for who's the main character, it's not like Sora is going anywhere regardless, and it isn't like you have to be the center for others to like you.

If Roxas is the main character, though, I expect a lot more conflict between him and Riku if they ever replaced Sora as the front runner since the beginning. KH1 Riku and Roxas? Yeow. Axel is better in that case, since he's patient, as well as understanding with him, and takes his shit :p.

MasterLukeS

Yes, Roxas as a main character wouldn't really work. Especially with Riku. It took a whole minute to get pissed at Riku, regardless of the situation. I can see te points being made about Sora but I dint know any optimist THAT happy al the time. Also, Roxas needs to be a bit more forgiving towards Axel.

khfreak5

I vote for Sora mainly because he was the main character since the game started. I like his attitude too, because it's mostly positive but he has his doubts every once in a while. I'm one of those people that just likes to have one character be the star and that's it, but things change. I loved Days, it cleared up so much, and Roxas does make a really good main character but I still prefer Sora.

Funsho

because Sora can be gay as hell I think Roxas should be the main character
Roxas acts more mature

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
because Sora can be gay as hell I think Roxas should be the main character
Roxas acts more mature

Even I have to disagree on that. 358/2 Days is understandable with his dilemma of not understanding things and viewing what he learns in childish and naive curiosity due to his lack of knowledge and memories. I'm not accounting that because it's really not his fault to be clueless. Because, well, he literally is born this way. But by the end of this game, or even from the very beginning, and especially when we have fake TT Roxas with full understanding of things in life, you could see hints of his own personality. While Sora might be immature in the dumb and idealistic way that you sometimes have to shake your head at, Roxas has a habit of going off the rails and throwing hissy fits. And those hissy fits tend to come with an, while sometimes badass, aggressive attitude, and he refuses to listen to reason by then with anyone. Like a normal angry person would: who think things in a single-minded way and not take in other aspects of the situation. He tends to harbor animosity long after it's over too when he believes that's something wrong to do or uncalled for.

While I love him for it, that isn't exactly maturity.

It's probably because of the environment he's in and what he was brought up with, admittedly, but it's still something to be worked on.

In fact, the only time where I really think Roxas matured (somewhat, lol) was when he finally accepted his fate after the battle with Sora and put demons to rest (because even if Axel was the noble reason to "wake" him up and he was upset, what he ended up instigating with Sora was another fit).

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
There is also the aspect of his childish preferences. Like TN, not that I blame him for it as that is all he ever knew, but we're dealing with a kid whose goals in life is to eat ice cream and go to the beach. As much as it was touching to see him going to smash Kingdom Hearts and fight Xemnas for the sake of the friends he lost, it is hardly heroic nor overly aware, to the point Xion had to [B]beg[/B] Riku to stop him since the kid had no idea what he was getting himself into.

People often and without reason confuse maturity with, how to put it, subdued-ness? Making noise in ways that aren't Ha Ha Sounds? But the fact remains that when it was the world vs. his friends, taking into account other people, and facing reality, albeit even in his own unique way - Sora was the one that took one for the team, not Roxas.
Because let's face it - Sora is an optimist and a goofy, silly one at that, but at least he's acting like a 14 year old (year spent sleeping not accounted for).
Roxas, well... all he had to him was a year. We're talking about a toddler here. An emo toddler.

Snow

Stain me Red with Blood
I say Sora, because Sora is far more proactive and does things of his own accord (most of the time, more in KH1 than 2, much more in CoM), rather than Roxas who is more reactive to situations and can't really make up his mind a lot of the time until much later in the game.

Soughtdragon

Sora is the real hero, while Roxas just wants to be left alone. I don't want a main character around that doesn't want to be there. Roxas is cool and all, but he is the part of Sora that just wants to be a normal kid, and not a hero figure burdened with the responsibility of saving the worlds.

So Sora doesn't display all of his emotions, or have fits for everyone to see constantly. If you actually look at his eyes in KH2 you'll see that they are very sad, and that he sometimes has to fake being happy for other people. There are certain scenes that display Sora looking down trying to hide his sadness, but then he'll put on his cheery face so that his friends, especially Donald and Goofy, won't know that something is internally wrong.

The fact is, if given an alternative to the main character, people will take it. There is always someone out there unsatisfied with a character. I mean look at Cloud and Zack, some people think that Zack should have been the hero of ffvii, and end up bashing Cloud.

Considering what Sora has been through, (having to save the worlds and take care of his friends all at once, among other things) he should be having emotional bouts, but other people are counting on him to be strong and be a leader. Sora can't afford to be unstable or have emotional fits. He has things he wants and needs to protect, and if people would actually look at his character and see Sora, then maybe they would actually see his maturity.

In KH2 he's already been through saving the world once, so why should he display seriousness all the time, anyway. He's more laid back and confidant, less awkward. He has experience at helping and saving people and worlds. He's surrounded by two goofballs to begin with, which only brings out his goofiness. Sometimes we're affected by the moods of our friends.

I love both Sora and Roxas and ultimately they are the same person, heart and soul. Together I think they become better.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Sora is the real hero, while Roxas just wants to be left alone. I don't want a main character around that doesn't want to be there. Roxas is cool and all, but he is the part of Sora that just wants to be a normal kid, and not a hero figure burdened with the responsibility of saving the worlds.

They're both pretty much the same in that aspect, imo. It's just that Sora, despite it all, did get a bigger picture presented before him. And to be nitpicky, he only truly went to save the universe because it involved saving his friends. KH1 - saving Riku and Kairi involved taking down Xehanort's Heartless. And that meant saving the universe because he was the main threat.
KH2 - finding/saving Riku and Kairi involved taking down the Org, who were also attacking all the friends Sora had made through his journey.
It can easily be compared with Roxas at the end of Days, Coming to take down Xemnas and Kingdom Hearts so he could spend his days with Xion and Axel again
It's just that for Sora, such occurances were the regular plot while for Roxas it only came at the end and didn't amount to much at the end.

So Sora doesn't display all of his emotions, or have fits for everyone to see constantly.

He actually did. It's just that he was mood swinging in much shorter iterations than Roxas, whose mood changed over the duration of an entire year.

If you actually look at his eyes in KH2 you'll see that they are very sad, and that he sometimes has to fake being happy for other people. There are certain scenes that display Sora looking down trying to hide his sadness, but then he'll put on his cheery face so that his friends, especially Donald and Goofy, won't know that something is internally wrong.

T_T I love him for that. So happy someone else realizes that too ♥

The fact is, if given an alternative to the main character, people will take it. There is always someone out there unsatisfied with a character. I mean look at Cloud and Zack, some people think that Zack should have been the hero of ffvii, and end up bashing Cloud.

That's a tricky one, seeing how
Spoiler Spoiler Show

So the plot basis is there if you wanna go there. However, Zack belongs in CC, and Cloud belongs in FFVII. Changing it around would've wrecked the entire balance of that series - just like switching Sora with anyone would've ruined KH. Well, not necessarily ruined it but changed it beyond recognition.

In KH2 he's already been through saving the world once, so why should he display seriousness all the time, anyway. He's more laid back and confidant, less awkward. He has experience at helping and saving people and worlds. He's surrounded by two goofballs to begin with, which only brings out his goofiness. Sometimes we're affected by the moods of our friends.

KH2 was a tricky one, as it was less him being confident as much as 'dumbed down'.

Soughtdragon

They're both pretty much the same in that aspect, imo. It's just that Sora, despite it all, did get a bigger picture presented before him. And to be nitpicky, he only truly went to save the universe because it involved saving his friends. KH1 - saving Riku and Kairi involved taking down Xehanort's Heartless. And that meant saving the universe because he was the main threat.
KH2 - finding/saving Riku and Kairi involved taking down the Org, who were also attacking all the friends Sora had made through his journey.
It can easily be compared with Roxas at the end of Days, Coming to take down Xemnas and Kingdom Hearts so he could spend his days with Xion and Axel again
It's just that for Sora, such occurances were the regular plot while for Roxas it only came at the end and didn't amount to much at the end.

Yeah, I know. What I meant was that Sora's accepting nature about saving the universe was something very admirable. Even though it was something that almost came as an attachment to saving his friends, he still had a very good nature about the whole thing, and managed to keep his upbeat attitude with a few emotional downturns here and there.

He actually did. It's just that he was mood swinging in much shorter iterations than Roxas, whose mood changed over the duration of an entire year.

Yes, that is true. It seems that Sora is the type to bottle his emotions up, the unfortunate side affects of this being the mood swings, although they did seem a bit unnatural, unlike in COM. Maybe the mood swings are all the more prominent due to the fact that Sora rarely has them, or hides them very effectively from an obvious amount of viewers.
T_T I love him for that. So happy someone else realizes that too ♥

:)

That's a tricky one, seeing how
Spoiler Spoiler Show

So the plot basis is there if you wanna go there. However, Zack belongs in CC, and Cloud belongs in FFVII. Changing it around would've wrecked the entire balance of that series - just like switching Sora with anyone would've ruined KH. Well, not necessarily ruined it but changed it beyond recognition.

I agree with everything you've said here. :wink:
KH2 was a tricky one, as it was less him being confident as much as 'dumbed down'.

I do agree with this as well, the only thing being that Sora might have experienced some side effects from his memory being so jumbled. He has also missed out on a year of memories, experiences, etc...Or it could be the different writers for his character,but, nonetheless Sora is a lovable retard in KH2. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back