• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora the seeker of light

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaCore5

Awards
Yen Sid mentions how Xehanort gave up his duties as master so he could live the seekers life. My hypothesis is that there are seekers of light and darkness. Since Sora failed his mark of mastery exam (as a conclusion he is not a master) he might choose to research Kingdom hearts the same way Xehanort does but instead do so for good purposes.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
A seeker's life would be something Sora's into, but think about it, can you see Sora ever being studious or doing research? Ever?

Sora is an explorer, that was why he wanted to leave the islands. I don't think he'll ever be a Master because he's not much of a homebody and Masters, from what we've seen, are only to leave their wards when dangers impose threats on the realm.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
A seeker's life would be something Sora's into, but think about it, can you see Sora ever being studious or doing research? Ever?

Sora is an explorer, that was why he wanted to leave the islands. I don't think he'll ever be a Master because he's not much of a homebody and Masters, from what we've seen, are only to leave their wards when dangers impose threats on the realm.

Yes a Seeker's life would be a better fit for Sora than a Master's but as you said he wouldn't be able to do the kind of research a Seeker does. So I guess he's an Explorer of Light? xD

Sora is in an interesting position because, not counting Ven and Terra since they are incapacitated, he's the only Keyblade wielder strong enough and experienced enough to be a Master or Seeker but he doesn't really fit the mold to be either one (though I guess it makes sense since he wasn't supposed to wield the Keyblade in the first place).

MegaCore5

Awards
In that case could it be possible that sora will abandon a title altogether? Because (as has been previously pointed out) sora wouldn't be much of a master or seeker, but I can't see him sitting around the destiny islands for long periods of time anymore either. Given how he is one of two masters of flow motion, he might try to go places and see things nobody has before.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Since Sora failed his mark of mastery exam (as a conclusion he is not a master) he might choose to research Kingdom hearts the same way Xehanort does but instead do so for good purposes.

Except I think if we were to read Sora's character accurately, he would say that he doesn't need to understand Kingdom Hearts because he already knows what he needs to know about it.

Sora is a simplistic guy and the antithesis of Xehanort. Xehanort is all about research, knowledge, and all of the negative aspects that come from that quest. Sora is all about living in the moment and has never reached out for more than he feels he needs to know.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The idea of Sora becoming a Seeker does make some sense to a degree, but he's more of an adventurer and explorer.
th

Riku on the other hand I can picture becoming a Seeker of Light.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards
He could still be a Seeker and just be really bad at it.

Just because he has to study and do research doesn't mean that he has to be very good at it.

Honestly I see Riku being more a Seeker than Sora. Riku wanted to desperately leave the islands while Sora was chill with just fooling around and hanging out there.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
He could still be a Seeker and just be really bad at it.

Just because he has to study and do research doesn't mean that he has to be very good at it.

Honestly I see Riku being more a Seeker than Sora. Riku wanted to desperately leave the islands while Sora was chill with just fooling around and hanging out there.

I'm sure Sora will try being a Seeker too and then he'll have the same success as he did at becoming a Master. xD
Riku does fit the Seeker role better. He wanted to go see the other worlds and he is fairly intelligent not to mention he has equal shares of light and dark powers so he could discover quite a bit.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I could see Sora choosing the "seekers" path, just depends on what he's being a "seeker" of. Xehanort is a seeker of knowledge, he's enslaved to his curiosity and obsessions so much that he "seeks" the ultimate knowledge, kingdom hearts.

Sora on the other hand could simply be a "seeker" in the sense that what he seeks is new sights, meeting new people, etc. Just being an explorer in general.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I could see Sora choosing the "seekers" path, just depends on what he's being a "seeker" of. Xehanort is a seeker of knowledge, he's enslaved to his curiosity and obsessions so much that he "seeks" the ultimate knowledge, kingdom hearts.

Sora on the other hand could simply be a "seeker" in the sense that what he seeks is new sights, meeting new people, etc. Just being an explorer in general.

See I was just thinking of Seekers as purely Seekers of Darkness and Light but you're right that it doesn't have to be limited to those two.

kmorris2609

I like that as a thought for Sora's future. Though it may need to work on his computer skills if he wants to be able to conduct research properly.

Anthony12KH

Sora a seeker of light? Would this involve book studies? If so, I cant see it. Honestly, I just see Sora just relaxing at DI, until a new threat appears. Thats his calling card. I'd call him a guardian of light more than a seeker.

Bobjam

Awards
I think this depends on what 'mature' Sora is like in KH3. Maybe he has gained a small thirst for seeking more things outside of himself hm.

Bobjam

Awards
thats true. i thought i heard that hes gonna be more mature in kingdom hearts 3

Yeah, in one of the press releases last year for E3 on KH3, Square quotes the game as having a more 'mature' Sora. But this could mean so many things...

Anthony12KH

Yeah, in one of the press releases last year for E3 on KH3, Square quotes the game as having a more 'mature' Sora. But this could mean so many things...

I was going to say that, but I noticed the user was banned, so thought there was no point in saying it. Yes, after that press release, I have seen many people saying that Sora is older and nothing else. Sora could have just matured mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back