• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora, Riku, and Kairi.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Am I the only one who thinks that the whole both Sora and Rikku loving Kairi thing was left rather unresolved. Did Rikku suddenly decide "Screw Kairi" because he suddenly shows no affection for her in KH2.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Re: Sora, Rikku, and Kairi.

If Riku was serious about Kairi, he wouldn't have been kidding about that paupou fruit bet. But then again who knows. Sora just has daydreams about her because his hormones are starting to rage.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards

Rikku gave himself to the darkness for kairi, I think that he loved her at least as much as sora.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards

It was solved in KH:CoM and the ending of KH.

KH:
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts: End of the World
riku-in-KHending.gif

Her is an obvious reference to kairi.
KH:CoM:
http://www.khimpulse.net/content/com-script.txt
Riku: Stop it, Sora! Don't you recognize me?
Sora: Yeah, I recognize you. I can see exactly what you've become!
(Sora strikes Riku from the top, down. Riku is thrown to the edge of the island.)
Riku: Gaah!
Sora: Look at you, shrinking away from the light... You're not Riku anymore... You're just a pawn of the darkness.
(Riku continues to lie on the broken ground.)
Sora: So be it. It's time for you to face the light!
(Light envelops everything. Riku floats in an abyss of light, his existence flickering.)
Riku: I'm...fading... Consumed by the light...
(Riku vanishes into the light.)
Kairi: You won't fade.
(Kairi appears in the white abyss.)
Kairi: You can't fade. No power can defeat you--not the light, not the dark. So don't run from the light--and don't fear the darkness. Both will make you stronger.
Riku: Darkness, too?
Kairi: Especially darkness. Because that power is yours alone. The darkness is your heart is vast and deep, but if you can stare into it unflinching, you'll never know fear again.
Riku: All this time I've been pushing the darkness away...
Kairi: Just be brave. Know that the darkness is there and don't give in. Do that, and you'll gain strength unlike any other. You'll be able to escape the deepest darkness--
Riku: --and I'll be able to see through the brightest light...
Kairi: Follow the darkness, Riku. It'll show you the way to the friends you miss.
Riku: But can I face them...

(Kairi holds her hands together behind her back.)
Kairi: You don't want to?
Riku: You know I do.
(Kairi fades from the abyss of light, replaced by the dark silhouette of Riku.)
Riku: And I will! The darkness--MY darkness--will show me the way!
(Riku returns in his full form.)
He doesn't feel that he deserves to be loved, which is why he didn't show himself to sora or kairi until the end of kingdom hearts II.

Although he still loves kairi, he understands that because of what he is he can never have her.He believes that after all the destruction he had done, he doesn't deserve one who has a pure heart.

Last edited:

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards

I don't think Riku ever loved Kairi as a GF or anything, but maybe as a sister and got jealous of Sora trying to take her away from him...?...*Sighs*

I just don't see a brother getting jelous of a Boyfriend, I mean I don't see my sister hug her boyfriend and say "I want some of that." you know?

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards

Did you even read what i said? He basically gave up on kairi because he believes that he doesn't deserve one who has a pure heart after he gave into the darkness. That's why he didn't want kairi to touch him in KHII, because he knew that she would be surprised at what he had become.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards

That still inadquetely resolves the question, he sid take care of her because he probably thought that he would never make it out, or if he did he would be changed. But she excepted him so even if he thought that she would be shocked he learned that she was fine with him.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards

At the end before Riku shuts the door on himself.

P.S. I read the edit and that is possible but my point about her excepting him is still valid.

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards

Picture? The end of kH.The fatty quote? CoM's during the scene where riku talks to kairi as he was being overwhelmed in the light.

she excepted him so even if he thought that she would be shocked he learned that she was fine with him.
When riku found sora and kairi rushed to him notice how he left(or wanted to leave)? He knew he wasn't for her: Sora was.

Last edited:

Samber

Your Mom's Mom's Daughter

I think Riku does secretly love kairi, BUT i think she is more into sora. I mean it would suck if at the end she ends up with Riku ya know? so its obvious that it'll be Sora and Kairi. Though, i think Riku has low self esteem and doesnt even try for her.

twilightdarkness

I believe RIku did have a crush on Kairi at some point of one of the 3 games..but i think he gave up on her because he realized or thinks he doesn't deserve her nemore..same thing that pwn3d said..Also i don't think gettin Kairi in Kh2 was on Riku's mind..i think he just wanted to return to his regular state..and he did toward the end of the game..xD and i doubt they had time to chit chat about who is getting kairi because..they both had to stop Org. 13..but when they are on the Dark Beach they might have talked about it..xD with out us knowing

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards

It would not suck at all if Riku got Kairi, in fact it would be the only thing that would make some of the agony of KH2 worthwhile.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards

There is very little that makes such lines as "Alright Roxas, fight fight fight." excusable. Riku getting Kairi is one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back