• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

sora or riku?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

sora or riku?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Re: The better story - Sora or Riku?

if they would have given Riku some actual plot in the disney worlds and tossed aside the idea that he can only see dark being for he can only see the things besides the ones he used to hold dear (home, kairi, sora etc.) than it still would have been a powerful story even in Destiny Islands. i think thats the problem i had with riku story besides lack of customization, i mean some decks sucked major smooth balls.

Braxyn

For gameplay? Riku. Fast counter is annoying, but nowhere near as annoying as grinding for moogle points and hassling over your deck. Riku doesn't have to do those things, so for me Riku > Sora.

For story? Sora. Meeting Namine, plus the OXIII members he deals with in CoM are more entertaining & memorable. The whole Axel double-un-betrayal angle is great. As opposed to Riku's story, which has a little too much, uh, of this:

Ansem: "Dark the Darker Darkness Dark Dark Darkness Dark."
Mickey: "No, Riku, Light Heart the Light Heart Light Light Always!"
Riku: "Dark Light Heart the Darkness Light? Never!"

Not that Sora's story doesn't suffer from some of that, all stories in all KH games do, but not as much, and he has more and more varied other stuff going on.

In the end I picked Riku. As much as I liked Sora's story better, I hated grinding for moogle points. Just hated it.
DO you mind if i use this Quote in another thread? :p

Braxyn

Re: The better story - Sora or Riku?

Definetly Sora, but right now im going thru it all over again and i vaugely remember Riku's story and clearly remembers Sora's. There is just more meat in Sora's side then in Riku's. You just given so much random info at the time you end up asking yourself WTF.

Key of Valor

The Professor
I preferred Riku's story because he actually goes through some meaningful development that he isn't forced to forget completely at the end of the game. In fact, all the elements in Riku's story all directly relate to his development, which is something I can really appreciate. DiZ, Xehanort's Heartless, Mickey, the Riku Replica, Namine, and even the Organization all have an influence of Riku's character. It's quite impressive actually, and it makes Riku's story seem really clever.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Not voting since I REALLY can't decide. I love both stories too much on all their aspects. Yes, it was Riku's longed-for explanation and setting him on the path to redemption, but it was also interesting seeing a different side of Sora, one that didn't let himself be scared of being affectionate nor angry. Gameplay wise I enjoyed both to boot, so... yeah.
Both for me despite it all.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Hmm, I like Riku's side of the story. It doesn't regurgitate what we've already seen (aka the Disney worlds' character interactions with Sora. It's just a rehash of what was in KH1). Plus Riku's gameplay is a lot better than Sora's. I don't have to reshuffle my deck as often with Riku, and I don't have to panic every time I permanently run out of cards because it happens less often with Riku than with Sora.

Keyblade-War

Artist
Awards
Website
www.Codeleakers.com
Sora had a better story and boss fights, but i liked how Riku didnt have to fill up his card meter you just click it and your cards come back.

WayFinder

I prefer Riku story because his story more interesting and doesn't need to fill up the card when the card is finish use.

SoraAndVanitas

SORA, FOR SURE. He's hot, first off. Riku is a conceited little brat. I don't want to judge off personalities though. Either way, I would say Sora is better. He's just a better fighter and didn't give in to darkness. I find him much more interesting than Riku. Plus, Sora is the main protagonist. I'd rather follow his story than Riku's. Riku is just a freak who sat on the sidelines while Sora did all the work. In KH2, go to The World That Never Was and look at the HP go down when Riku fights. It's almost NOTHING. Donald and Goofy take off WAY more HP than he does. I'm on level 99 and Riku is still weaker than Roxas at the beginning of the game. I know this is for CoM, but no matter what game you're playing, Sora will always better. Not only his personality, but he's just full of so much more light and SO MUCH STRONGER. I've annihilated Sephiroth more times than one as Sora. I lost count awhile ago.

Plus, I hate hearing Riku fight. He sounds like Iago.

Gram

Banned
Awards
SORA, FOR SURE. He's hot, first off. Riku is a conceited little brat. I don't want to judge off personalities though. Either way, I would say Sora is better. He's just a better fighter and didn't give in to darkness. I find him much more interesting than Riku. Plus, Sora is the main protagonist. I'd rather follow his story than Riku's. Riku is just a freak who sat on the sidelines while Sora did all the work. In KH2, go to The World That Never Was and look at the HP go down when Riku fights. It's almost NOTHING. Donald and Goofy take off WAY more HP than he does. I'm on level 99 and Riku is still weaker than Roxas at the beginning of the game. I know this is for CoM, but no matter what game you're playing, Sora will always better. Not only his personality, but he's just full of so much more light and SO MUCH STRONGER. I've annihilated Sephiroth more times than one as Sora. I lost count awhile ago.

wow two accounts and 4 years and ive never seen such riku hate.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Riku's story considering Riku is my fav character and whatnot. But I liked Sora's story. I like both fairly evenly, but Riku's was more free even if you had to deal with a chosen deck.

Wow, you REALLY hate Riku.

Not that I'm trying to argue anything but Sora's a lot more one-dimentional than Riku is.

And what do you expect of World Party Members? They are hardly as strong as Donald and Goofy. And what does Sora vs Sephiroth have to do with Riku. You can't fight Sephiroth as Riku so I am totally lost at the point you are making, forum troll.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Not that I'm trying to argue anything but Sora's a lot more one-dimentional than Riku is.

And what do you expect of World Party Members? They are hardly as strong as Donald and Goofy. And what does Sora vs Sephiroth have to do with Riku. You can't fight Sephiroth as Riku so I am totally lost at the point you are making, forum troll.
zing .

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

First time I've ever seen Riku hate, and from someone who's played Reverse/Rebirth to boot.

You know, gameplay is such terrible support for anything. Just saying. Obviously, being a party member would mean that he'd be nerfed.

Wow, you REALLY hate Riku.

lycoris <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back