• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora, MX, and "Connection"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
In order to survive, Ven had to connect his heart to Sora's at the beginning of BBS. Here's a list of what happened:

-Ven gained the power to keep on living
-Vanitas gained Sora's look
-Ven and Sora are connected

The first thought that comes to mind is that Sora gave Ven some of his light. The important note, however, is that their hearts are connected. That being said, Ven and Sora share the same light and darkness. So how can Ven, someone with a heart of pure light, have Sora's darkness? Well, he doesn't. the darkness goes straight to Vanitas, partially explaining why Van looks like Sora.

We all know that Ven and Sora connected hearts, but perhaps there is another person that chose to connect their heart to other people. I'm thinking MX.

What do we know about MX? Well, he has these "seeds" around that gain his traits in appearance. The trait that could make these seeds so special is that they could have hearts connected to MX's. Notice how he says, "You are just one of the many roads I may choose to take." How could Terra be considered a road? He was sharing a body with MX. What was the first place Ven's heart went to when he comatosed? Sora's body. Perhaps MX connected his heart to other people so that it could go to one of them if necessary.

There's a difference, though, between Sora connecting to Ven and MX connecting to someone (for example, Braig). Ven didn't receive any of Sora's physical traits. However, Van goes to show that it's possible for connecting hearts to lead to changes in appearances. So, MX connecting his heart to Braig would mean that Braig would inherit MX's physical traits. Now, a reason why Ven didn't inherit Sora's traits could be that Sora's light could simply be sleeping within Ven. Riku had his darkness awakened by Maleficent in order to pull out the darkness suit, so perhaps elements of the heart can sleep within people until awakened (Van can be an exception since his fake body could've had side effects).

Some would say that MX's traits come from darkness in general (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, RELIX), but people who corrupt themselves with darkness usually end up with yellow eyes, not necessarily pointy ears. While Apprentice Xehanort did do that, it took him some time to develop the yellow eyes. All the while, he did have MX's pointy ears. Also, pointy ears can't be a darkness effect that comes before yellow eyes because AtW and probably Terranort (MX controlling Terra) and Van had yellow eyes and no pointy ears. One could say that developing pointy ears out of darkness is up to chance, but I'd say otherwise.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Very good theory. That was a really good observation about the pointy ears. Braig probably was connected. That might have been part of his end of their deal.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
Yeah, it's probably true. I guess darkness has different affects on people. I mean, but how do you explain why Saix has yellow eyes and pointy ears and Xaldin just has pointy ears? Are their predicament the same as Braig's with accepting darkness?

Mog

Awards
Wait, Ventus had a normal heart,with both light and darkness,until MX extracted all the darkness,creating Van, and thus leaving Ventus with a heart of pure light. But, the extraction process had taken too much out of Ventus, and he was dying, until Sora(he has the ability to connect to any heart) found ven's heart and mended it. This affected Van's appearance and he took Sora's 15 years of age form.
Sora didn't give Ven any light,he already had a heart pure of light,except he was nearly dead so he needed Sora's help.

I believe Sora's ability to connect to any heart is an extremely rare ability. So I doubt MX has it.
And MX's appearance...man it's just Nomura's drawing.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I believe Sora's ability to connect to any heart is an extremely rare ability. So I doubt MX has it.
I believe it's more like everyone can do it, it's just that Sora is the only one who does do it.

Nayru's Love

Awards
I mean, but how do you explain why Saix has yellow eyes and pointy ears and Xaldin just has pointy ears? Are their predicament the same as Braig's with accepting darkness?
Xaldin's/Dilan's pointy ears may have been natural.

Sora didn't give Ven any light,he already had a heart pure of light,except he was nearly dead so he needed Sora's help.
The reason Ven was barely able to survive was because he had very little light. Van survived because he had a ton of darkness.

What HeartSeams said.
And MX's appearance...man it's just Nomura's drawing.
Except Nomura hinted at the possibility of a connection going on, so it's not like the idea doesn't hold any water.

Mog

Awards
So you're saying that the extraction process took nearly all of ven's light? .....No it didn't. It took all his darkness.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
If this theory is true then KH has a Harry Potter element to it now. Voldermort Split his soul into 7 pieces and placed each piece in a Horecruxe and therefore has a connection to them If this theory is true then MX has connected his heart to multiple people and therefore his heart could go to them if necessary, making these people he connected to kinda like Horecruxes for his heart.

By the way, do you think MX could have connected to Saix/Isa since he too has pointy ears?

Nayru's Love

Awards
So you're saying that the extraction process took nearly all of ven's light? .....No it didn't. It took all his darkness.
No, his light was just so pathetic to begin with that it wasn't nearly enough to sustain him.
By the way, do you think MX could have connected to Saix/Isa since he too has pointy ears?
Most likely, although I think he might be connected to one of MX's counterparts (Xemnas, probably) rather than MX himself...If that's even possible.

State

Awards
...You lost me at the last two paragraphs. Are trying to establish that Master Xehanort is influencing physically the appearance of those he has his ehart linked with?

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
No, his light was just so pathetic to begin with that it wasn't nearly enough to sustain him.

Most likely, although I think he might be connected to one of MX's counterparts (Xemnas, probably) rather than MX himself...If that's even possible.

I wonder if that's what Axel meant when he said Saix changed after he became a nobody and joined the organization? He may have meant both the physcial changes, as well do you think Saix's personally could have changed when MX/Xemnas connected to him?

And an even more interesting question is why MX and Sora have this ability? The power to connect to hearts and affect them and those connected to that person, it seems like something only KH itself could do.

Nayru's Love

Awards
...You lost me at the last two paragraphs. Are trying to establish that Master Xehanort is influencing physically the appearance of those he has his ehart linked with?
Ya.

I wonder if that's what Axel meant when he said Saix changed after he became a nobody and joined the organization? He may have meant both the physcial changes, as well do you think Saix's personally could have changed when MX/Xemnas connected to him?
Ya, he seems to share their heartless personality. Granted, Braig/Xigbar didn't exactly inherit it, so Saix's personality may be a coincidence.

And an even more interesting question is why MX and Sora have this ability? The power to connect to hearts and affect them and those connected to that person, it seems like something only KH itself could do.
If we're going by the rule that Sora's a normal boy, it may be just that everyone can do it, but only Sora bothers to do so.

State

Awards
You're theory is kinda in the "fact" side, seeing as how you based your theory on the fact that Vanitas' apperance changed due to Ventus' heart being linked with Sora, so, personally, I don't see any problem with this theory. Also, you raised an interesting point:

Sora isn't the only one that can link his heart to multiple people.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

what do you mean by that, i thought that normal people can not live with hearts of only light and darkness we survive through balance, only the seve princess born of pure can live like that, that why ven heart was so weak

Nayru's Love

Awards
what do you mean by that, i thought that normal people can not live with hearts of only light and darkness we survive through balance, only the seve princess born of pure can live like that, that why ven heart was so weak
If Ven wasn't a heart of pure light, he and Van wouldn't have made the X-blade.

State

Awards
I thought that Ventus' heart was because because during the process of Master Xehanort extracting the darkness out of his heart, he accidentally fractured his heart, as seen in the prologue of the game when he arrives to his Station of Awakening, which is fractured.

Nayru's Love

Awards
Nope.

wcbzly.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back