• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora is oriental

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cam ron 77

yes, sora does look japanese in the fmvs and in the fmvs only. towards the end of the game he looks of that origin when he smiles a little (its expected). i kinda liked him better in kh1 though. he changed too much. but its what happens when you have diffferent animators.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
^I wasn't going for it to sound derogatory. But I'll rephrase it: He looks asian. And why the hell are you guys getting so ticked? I just said I thought Sora looked Asian and wanted to see if anyone agreed or not. It's not a big deal.

Hanatori

I will BUUURN MY DREAAAAD
Website
tsuikai.deviantart.com
...It's the same thing with anime. Just get over it. Even though Nomura might equal Sora, it doesn't mean everything about Sora is the same as Nomura anyway. He is a VIDEO GAME CHARACTER, especially the SQUARE ENIX kind, where things take place in different worlds and are not related to Earth most of the time. Why would you even care about this anyway?

And yes, Asian people do get offended when the term Oriental is brought up. >_>

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
^Oh, I'm sorry. I really don't want offend anyone. So if I did, I'm very sorry for using that term :( .

FortuneCookie

Bronze Member
Awards
violent_anger said:
another interesting thing is that japanese people hate being called japs.

That's because back in WW2, Americans used it as an offensive term to Japanese-Americans who were put in internment camps and acted as if they weren't loyal to the U.S. I was just learning about so much of this in History recently, hahaha

IMO, Sora looks like the average American person in anime drawings.

~DanseMacabre~

Website
www.livejournal.com
In general:

Person: Hey, I noticed this, do you think... *insert question here*
Other Person: OMG SO WUT GET OVER IT LAWL PWNT

Anyway, I don't think it matters much. He was designed by a Japanese guy, which might be why he looks slightly Asian at times, but he seems pretty neutral throughout. He doesn't really HAVE an ethnic origin from what I can tell. The only thing that might lead me to believe that he has a more American/European looks is that he has blue eyes.

But I don't think it matters hugely.

ickyvicky1006

well when i first saw the ending i was like yea...he looks asian...but then again i really doesnt matter..and he is still SORA...but sorry for u getting flamed so much...

Zaraki

he lives on an island thats not part of asia africa, europe or america and that the island takes up an entire planet and as far as we know he dosent live on earth he lives on THE DESTINEY ISLANDS. anyways his eyes arent asian ive never seen an asian or any human with anime eyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back