• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora is a heartless?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mytomxxx

So, I was watching and thinking about the Nobody creation. To a Nobody come to exist, a heart that have darkness and light in it need to become a heartless or stripped away of the body. Them the body will gain a existence of his own, like a empty shell, right?

Except of Naminé who was born of Sora's body and Kairi's heart

Then after Sora stabbed himself with the heart keyblade and became a heartless, roxas and naminé was born, and he managed to gain his preview form after huging kairi.

Okay so my doubt is... he was like Ansem SoD who managed to look like a human being even being a heartless.
So Sora was a heartless until he fusion with Roxas again in the begining or end of kh2? (never got if was in the beginig or the end they fusion).

Perkilator

Awards
No. He turned back human because of Kairi’s love for him, as stated by Ansem the Wise at the end of DDD.

mytomxxx

So somehow roxas was able to keep being a nobody while sora was a human? so he and namine was a exception?

Tempo

Awards
i forget if it's specifically stated, but i believe sora returning to human form without roxas being destroyed is what caused roxas to have the amnesia and "zombie-like state" he suffers from at the beginning of 358/2 days.

AmaryllisMoth

Awards
This is a point that seems to cause a lot of confusion. The best way I can try to explain it:

Sora stabs himself, and both his heart, and Kairi's heart are pulled out of his body (I will get to Ven's heart in a minute).
Sora's body fades into darkness and that empty shell forms Roxas (who is just Sora's leftover body, without a heart). Ven's heart, however, stays with what WAS Sora's body, which is why Roxas' form resembles Ven and not Sora. (So, being extremely technical, Roxas was never really a 'true' nobody because he had a heart the whole time).

The process of both Sora and Kairi's hearts exiting Sora's body at the same time creates Namine, who is kind of a mix of the two of them--kind of a nobody, but kind of not.

Edit: To clarify, Kairi's heart leaving Sora's body created this funky situation where it triggered the creation of a Nobody. She looks like Kairi (kinda) because it was Kairi's heart that left his body, but she is connected to Sora because it was his body and his heart was there too. Which is why she can change his heart around but looks like Kairi. It is never really said, but I tend to think she has blonde hair and not red because of connected influence with Roxas/Ven but that's just my personal conjecture.

After this, Kairi's heart went back to her no problem.

Sora's heart (not having a body anymore, because Roxas), turned into a Heartless (the one we play as briefly). When he hugs Kairi, her love and desire to save him wakes his heart back up and helps him "remember" who he is. This gives his heart the appearance of being human again, but he is literally only a heart at this point. However, the fact that he retains himself, is the gift that Kairi gave him. She didn't actually give him a body. Or, at least, she didn't give him HIS body. An illusion of his body, that can obviously physically interact with stuff, but it's not a REAL body.
Edit: This is also why Namine calls Kairi, Sora's "light" because she is the one who always helps him remember who he is, and is kind of like his anchor. It's really cute and romantic. It is also a good way to show how both Kairi and Riku are important to Sora in different ways. Kairi tries to help him never forget himself saying things like (ソラ、変わらないで,ね--sora, don't ever change), and Riku has basically stepped into a guardian/teacher role trying to help keep him out of the darkness. Both equally important positions.

So, yes, TECHNICALLY Sora is only a heart with the illusion of having a body until Roxas joins back up with him. I think physically this happened at the start of KH2, in that Roxas let himself get absorbed or whatever but Roxas wasn't fully "all-in" on it until the final world of the game. Seeing Axel die kind of stirred him into action. Up until then I think he was sort of unsure about the whole thing, feeling it was unfair, etc, and the fusion wasn't really complete. Until Sora "faces" him in that final confrontation does he fully decide "okay, sure you can use my powers again" and gives it over. (this is why we unlock Final Form at this point). So at least by this point he is fully complete. I think the scene after the final boss with Roxas and Namine talking to Sora and Kairi was just having a final goodbye before going back in for the last time.

I wouldn't really call him a "heartless", as he was in control of himself just fine. But he WAS only a heart, all through the end of the game, and through chain of memories.

Also, the issues Roxas was having in Days was because of Xion, mostly, siphoning his strength away. They were also playing Keyblade tag for a while among them. That's why Xion let herself get absorbed by Roxas, so that they could both go back to Sora instead of feeding off of each other and pulling everything away from him.

Last edited:

hovogenius

he isnt a heartless also because the anti-form is the dark manifestation of soras heartless form taking over. also in Re:coded they destroy the heartless in sora the little shadow.

D

Deleted member 235902

Kairi is a Princess of Heart, so she has no darkness in her heart, so she can't form a Heartless. If her heart is lost, it doesn't become a Heartless. And therefore, she doesn't form a Nobody. In order for a Nobody to be created, a Heartless needs to be created. Instead, her body just lays comatose with no heart.

Kairi's heart was within Sora. When Sora stabbed himself with the Keyblade of Heart, his heart and Kairi's hearts were released. In order for a Nobody to be created, a heart needs to be released from a body and a Heartless needs to form. Sora's heart was released from his body, which turned into a Shadow Heartless. Which also created Sora's Nobody, Roxas. Kairi's heart was released from a body, Sora's body, so a Nobody was created, which is Namine. Since it was Kairi's heart that was released from a body, then it's Kairi's Nobody. Sora's Heartless acted as the Heartless needed to form a Nobody for both Sora's Nobody, Roxas, and Kairi's Nobody, Namine. Roxas is made out of Sora's body and soul, and Namine is made out of Sora's body and soul, even though she's Kairi's Nobody.

And then Kairi purified Sora's Heartless, most likely using powers she has as a Princess of Heart. She purified him and brought him back to himself. So, he was most likely just a walking, talking heart at this point. So, now he's back to himself. He's back to his somebody essentially. And His Nobody, Roxas, still exists as well. Kairi being there to purify Sora's Heartless is what brought him back and allowed him to exist alongside his Nobody. And since Namine, Kairi's Nobody, was born using Sora's body and soul rather than Kairi's body and soul, that allows Kairi to exist alongside her Nobody as well.

He wasn't a Heartless. Heartless are essentially corrupted hearts. Kairi purified Sora's Heartless, making him no longer corrupted. Therefore, he wasn't a Heartless. He was just a heart.

Also, Ansem, Seeker of Darkness isn't just a Heartless, he's a Heartless inhabiting Riku's body.
Apprentice Xehanort's Heartless is the brown Robed Figure. Which is a Pureblood Heartless. The Robed Figure possessed Riku and stole his body so that he can wield a Keyblade, the Keyblade of Heart. He then sort of molded/shaped Riku’s body into a body that’s more to his likeness, and became the Ansem, Seeker of Darkness we all know and love. The body he has is Riku’s, he just changed the appearance of it. This form isn’t Xehanort’s Heartless, it’s Xehanort’s Heartless within Riku’s body.

Megavoltage

Awards
Nice rundown, Elfdemon. I've played these games repeatedly but still need the occasional refresher on what's what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back