• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora full power?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

χBladeMaster

Destiny Islands, finally winning races against Rik
So when exactly does Sora get his full power back? I ask because Roxas combines with him on 3 separate occasions, and if you analyze the amount of effort that Sora must put into some of his battles after each of these merges, the question is raised as to when he actually gets his full power back.

After Roxas combines with him in the beginning, Sora has issues fighting some dusks, but can dual wield, due to the presence of both his heart and Ventus' having been returned to him.

After Roxas combines with him after the battle in the Station of Awakening, Sora can unleash final form, which is stated in game to be his true power. After this, he is able to fairly easily defeat first form Xemnas, Saix, Luxord, all nobodies in WTNW, and Xigbar.

But then Roxas combines with him AGAIN right before the final battle. And it is this merger that I believe gives Sora his ultimate true power, as he is able to emerge from the fight with Twilight Xemnas (the most powerful being in the universe at the time) with zero injury.

Can anyone shed light on this? Another explanation I can think of is that each merger involves a different aspect of Roxas. The first merger is his body/memories. The second merger is his power, and the third merger is his heart (which he grew on his own during the time of 358/2 days). If this is true, then Sora should be able to triple wield in the final battle, assuming that Roxas' heart has earned the right to wield its own keyblade, which should be true since Roxas can dual wield at the end of 358/2 days (his own heart and Ventus', or was it Xion's and Ventus'?).

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I'm pretty sure Roxas gave everything back the first time around, it's just that he was reluctant to submit his existence to someone he didn't really know. Those other two interactions you mentioned happened because Roxas wasn't fully asleep yet. The battle at TWTNW happened because Roxas new of Axel's "death" and felt the need to further test Sora, after which he fully accepted him as his "other". The second time Roxas pops up is because he had unfinished business with Namine and didn't really have and thing to do with Sora.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
The struggling against the dusk should have more to due with Sora just waking up after a year and being extremely rusty in terms of fighting.

χBladeMaster

I'm pretty sure Roxas gave everything back the first time around, it's just that he was reluctant to submit his existence to someone he didn't really know. Those other two interactions you mentioned happened because Roxas wasn't fully asleep yet. The battle at TWTNW happened because Roxas new of Axel's "death" and felt the need to further test Sora, after which he fully accepted him as his "other". The second time Roxas pops up is because he had unfinished business with Namine and didn't really have and thing to do with Sora.

Hmm this makes sense. So by this logic, you would agree that final form is the product of Roxas finally submitting to Sora and allowing him to use all of his power?

Also what about the triple wielding idea? If Sora gained the respect of the keyblade at HB in KH, Roxas grew his own heart, and Ventus has his own, shouldn't Sora be able to triple wield throughout the game?

Ruran

Awards
χBladeMaster;6249863 said:
Hmm this makes sense. So by this logic, you would agree that final form is the product of Roxas finally submitting to Sora and allowing him to use all of his power?

Sort of, though I think for slightly different reasons. Sora's Drive Forms basically run on "friendship", some of the forms coming about because his friends lend him their strength. Valor comes from borrowing Goofy's strength, Wisdom comes from Donald, Master comes comes from the both of them, and Final comes from Roxas. Final Form is Sora's "true power" but it's one that can only ever be achieved via his magic garments and indirectly confirms Roxas as his own identity who can allow Sora to borrow his strength to begin with.

χBladeMaster;6249863 said:
Also what about the triple wielding idea? If Sora gained the respect of the keyblade at HB in KH, Roxas grew his own heart, and Ventus has his own, shouldn't Sora be able to triple wield throughout the game?

From what I recall, there's normally one Keyblade per qualified heart (Mickey being a weird exception) so Sora should technically be able to quad wield. You're also forgetting Xion who factors in in all this. There's the finer details like where the other Keyblades would come from, but hypothetically, Sora has to potential to quad wield.

χBladeMaster

From what I recall, there's normally one Keyblade per qualified heart (Mickey being a weird exception) so Sora should technically be able to quad wield. You're also forgetting Xion who factors in in all this. There's the finer details like where the other Keyblades would come from, but hypothetically, Sora has to potential to quad wield.

Does Xion grow a heart? I thought that her ability to wield the keyblade just came from her sapping power from Roxas. If she eventually grew her own heart as well (is this possible? She was a replica, not a nobody), Roxas should have been able to triple wield.

Ruran

Awards
χBladeMaster;6249871 said:
Does Xion grow a heart? I thought that her ability to wield the keyblade just came from her sapping power from Roxas. If she eventually grew her own heart as well (is this possible? She was a replica, not a nobody), Roxas should have been able to triple wield.

Pretty sure she had a heart all along, albeit, an artificial one. Xion was a Replica of Sora so I think it's safe to say that if Roxas has the ability, so does Xion. Xion's Keyblade was a fake though created through unspecified means. Roxas had access to four hearts so he could have had the potential to quad wield as well, but since he had a budding heart and his whole situation was...pretty odd to say the least the possibility is a little more sketchy. The potential was there, but there would still be a lot of things that would have had to go right for him to even tri wield.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Mickey's exception isn't too weird when one remembers that the two Keyblades Mickey has are from different realms. The Star Seeker is a Realm of Light Keyblade while the KKD is a Realm of Darkness one.
It is true that there's a rule of one blade per heart, yet it isn't stated if this is universal or if it can go with a "per realm"-basis.
Going by this, each heart may have the possibility to be chosen by a Keyblade of the Light and one of the Dark. However, since you need a second heart to wield two blades simultaneously, 99% of wielders would only be able to alternate between which of the two blades they summon, just like Mickey does.
The other 1% would be those who run a heart-hotel like Sora or douchebags who would imprison another heart inside themselves just to be able to dual-wield.

Pretty sure she had a heart all along, albeit, an artificial one. Xion was a Replica of Sora so I think it's safe to say that if Roxas has the ability, so does Xion. Xion's Keyblade was a fake though created through unspecified means. Roxas had access to four hearts so he could have had the potential to quad wield as well, but since he had a budding heart and his whole situation was...pretty odd to say the least the possibility is a little more sketchy. The potential was there, but there would still be a lot of things that would have had to go right for him to even tri wield.

Yep, although I tend to believe that it was just a rather empty, just "born"/created heart-bud like Xemnas explained in DDD, just like the Riku Replica had too.
Over the year of her existence, Xion eventually nurtured and developed that bud, partly certainly also with the unhinged memories of Sora she unwittingly absorbed.

Correct, even if Xion's and Roxas' newgrown hearts are qualified for wielding and have the ability, they haven't been chosen by a Keyblade yet so there is simply no blade available for Sora to triple-wield. Sora's and Ven's blades are the only ones in existence in this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back