• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora & Castle Oblivion Memories

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I can't remember if anyone did this for Sora, but was he ever informed that he went to Castle Oblivion and had a journey there? I know that Namine erased his memories of there, but Axel or someone must have informed him about the events that happened in Castle Oblivion... right? If so, can you please tell me which game this scene happened?

Awards
He was never informed. His time at Castle Oblivion is still unknown to him.

Which kinda sucks to me because it just means he's only thanking Namine because a cricket's book told him to.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Was hoping that someone would tell him or he remembered somehow. Arendelle would have been perfect since they had memory altering trolls. Oh well.

Nexale

I personally think that the writers want to forget that particular episode of KH saga, and because of that they aren't interested in making Sora remember. It is one of the most dark and mature ones, and is the only entry in which the original Organization looks truly evil and dangerous, committing to almost sadistic crimes.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Of course, I think that they will help the narrative growth if they address this topics in-game, whether it is to go to a believable redemption arc or just to create internal conflict and doubts on Sora and help him mature up. Naminé issue, as has been said, is so flagrant that I even prefer no to mention it.

D

Deleted member 246005

Honestly Re:CoM should had an epilogue where post KH2 Sora should have found out about what happened.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I mean if he was able to access the memories of Xion, which were supposed to be as lost if not in a worse state than his KHCoM memories, I think he should be able to access them one day. But I mean there's no point now, since the Organization members that he met there are human again and "redeemed". The only reason this information is important to him is to properly thank Namine,
Spoiler Spoiler Show

SerDuncan

I personally think that the writers want to forget that particular episode of KH saga, and because of that they aren't interested in making Sora remember. It is one of the most dark and mature ones, and is the only entry in which the original Organization looks truly evil and dangerous, committing to almost sadistic crimes.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Of course, I think that they will help the narrative growth if they address this topics in-game, whether it is to go to a believable redemption arc or just to create internal conflict and doubts on Sora and help him mature up. Naminé issue, as has been said, is so flagrant that I even prefer no to mention it.

I think this is it, 100%. As the games moved on, I think that Nomura began to move away from characters being straight evil, or doing truly dark and terrible things. Most characters end up with a redemption of some sort, regardless of their past actions, while others have to go through some long struggle for forgiveness. I think taking some of the characters he is setting up for the future of the series and having to come to terms with how awful they were at some point or another is just not going to mesh with his "vision".

It's a shame... I think Chain of Memories and Days had some real weight, some real emotion to them that many of the more recent games seem to lack. The stakes are higher, the characters get angry at one another, there's less mumbo jumbo.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
"Oh thats right, you wouldn't remember."

Thanks Riku, what a pal.

Something about the reluctance to have Sora remember goes back to that emphasis in CoM where his heart kind of did the remembering for him even if the people forgot about him. They seem to roll over the idea Sora genuinely doesn't know in his heart who Marluxia and Larxene are. I digress, I can't explain why he would never expressly be informed on his involvement in thwarting organization XIII's plans there, didn't write the script yo. Lol seriously, the king didn't even tell them about Aqua until post DDD, how anyone handles information this sloppily is just bonkers.

Back