• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sora and Namine: A Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
It will be another evil wall of text, so whoever who does not have the patience to read it till the end, don't reply. Cause I'll rape you harder than even AR. Also, please ignore some names, cause this is originally a theory for a forum veteran in my forum, and I don't want to fix it. Afraid he might say that I'm afraid that his big name will humiliate my theory :p

Also, those who have read my theory on that forum, I'm leaving out 'The Other Bits' because most of them are wrong after some spectaculations of myself, and its unnecessary anyway.

It's been some time since I've tried to discover a breakthrough in this curious 'Sora Namine' connection. You see, there are many things worth the time of researching and exploring: Why does Namine have control over Sora's memories? Why Roxas do not have such powers? And of course, why is she considered Kairi's Nobody, even though she was made up by Sora's Body and Soul? (Some of you had already know why, but some might not. Bear with me.)

I'll explain why Namine is considered Kairi's Nobody. This is because Kairi's heart was within Sora throughout KH1. When both their hearts are released, Roxas and Namine is created. Their hearts is what that determines which person the Nobody belongs, and therefore Roxas is Sora's Nobody, and Kairi's Nobody is Namine.

To the topic I promised Key Of Valor :D

Actually, it's pretty simple. Which is why there's no big breakthrough. Explaining the connection between Sora and Namine is simple once you understood the connection between Sora and Kairi.

When two person cares for each other, their hearts are connected. This may seem insignificant, but it is important. To Sora, Kairi is the most important person to him. Same as Kairi. Sora would give up absolute EVERYTHING to save Kairi if she's in danger, including his heart. Now, this thought is extremely important. His willingness to give up everything for Kairi had made Kairi a place in his heart that is forever unerasable and permanent. This is why Namine could manipulate Sora's memories. When their hearts are released, Namine was created like ordinary Nobodies, but she was given extra powers: Powers over Sora's memories. It was Sora's strong will to give up his heart for Kairi, that gave Namine the power to manipulate his memories that's chained around his heart.

If it was the other way around, that is Sora's heart in Kairi, and Kairi willing to give her heart away for Sora, it would be Roxas who would have powers over Kairi's memories.

This explains why Roxas has no powers over Kairi's memories. At that time, Kairi only had her heart, which means it's a 'subconscious'. Yes she would give up her heart for Sora as well, but that special condition on Namine would only happen to Roxas if it was like the example I given above, the other way around.

Hmm, I think that should be sufficient. Yeah, it truly seemed complicated above, but once you understand, it's quite easy to see it in your mind.

Horrible huh? The Keyblade can bring peace, but also chaos. You would give up your heart for the person you love and this will make both people truly understand and love each other, but the person you've gave up your heart to will also have the power to manipulate your heart. (In reality, this is true as well. For example, don't you wonder why some woman are treated s badly as dogs by their husband but still remain loyal to them? It's because they loved their husband, and had surrendered their heart to him for love, and this allows the husband to do whatever he wants to the poor people. Nomura had used this cleverly, very cleverly) In this case, memories. Two hearts makes you stronger, but it can also weaken you.

Okay. The easy way to understand the complicated sentences I've written above. The connection between Kairi and Sora had made Sora stronger than ever, but this connection could also devastate Sora utterly. Namine's power was a coincidence, but could be replicate once identified the method... o_O How horrible.

So long and goodbye.

Xuan

No. The only reason Kairi is a Princess of Heart is because there is no Darkness in her heart. That reason alone does not give her any special powers. In other words, she's only another human without Darkness in her heart, nothing special about that fact.

canito_q

No. The only reason Kairi is a Princess of Heart is because there is no Darkness in her heart. That reason alone does not give her any special powers. In other words, she's only another human without Darkness in her heart, nothing special about that fact.

Actually, there is something special about that:
The Princesses of hearts are not supposed to have nobody cause they don't have darkness in their hearts, yet still Kairi did not lose her heart because of the darkness, she lost it when Sora free her heart turning Namine into an special heartless.

Your Theory is good, but I'd pretty much knew everything of this.

Xahaka

Actually, there is something special about that:
The Princesses of hearts are not supposed to have nobody cause they don't have darkness in their hearts, yet still Kairi did not lose her heart because of the darkness, she lost it when Sora free her heart turning Namine into an special heartless.

Don't you mean they're not supposed to have a heartless since they are created from darkness?
I think you for heartless and nobodies mixed up there....

To Xuan, I like your theory. It's a lil complicated though, I just thought it was because kairi's heart spent so much time in Sora's body during KH1. Also keep in mind she can effect not only Sora but everyone connected to him.

Last edited:

Xuan

It was the unique release of two hearts from one body that have caused this. Remember Namine was made out of Sora's body and soul. Kairi wouldn't have a Nobody, no matter what, even if someone cast it into the Darkness, because they could be rediscovered. Which means, Namine is like any other ordinary Nobody that belongs to Kairi but was made out of Sora's body and soul, and given the power to manipulate Sora's memories. Because, Sora's willingness to sacrifice his heart to Kairi gave Kairi the power to manipulate his heart, while Namine, her Nobody, could manipulate his memories. However, I don't think Kairi could do it, and even if she could she doesn't know how to do it. Also, I suspect the fact that Namine was made up by Sora's soul and body might have something to do with this special ability as well, but no proof though.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
You know, I used to follow the exact same idea you got there, Xuan. Thats until I read Secret Ansem Report 9.

Secret Ansem Report 9 said:
I should have expected nothing less from a Keyblade-wielding hero.

Sora and friends defied the machinations of Organization XIII and rescued
Namine.

Namine was a witch who controlled the memories of others.

Most likely these powers were achieved through a special process when she was
born.

Namine is a Nobody, created when a young girl's heart left her body.

Yet she has no corresponding Heartless.

This is because the "young girl" in this case was a princess.

Kairi, a resident of Radiant Garden over which I had ruled, was one of the
Seven Princesses that uphold the realm of light.

With no darkness in her heart, Kairi produced no Heartless, and instead of
vanishing, her body remained in the realm of light.

In other words, both the Nobody called Namine and the Heartless- proof of a
lost heart- are extremely unstable beings who lack the bodies needed to
produce a Nobody. Therefore, they also lack Kairi's memories. One reason for
this maybe that Kairi's heart did not return to the darkness when separated
from her body, but rather migrated to another vessel... deep within Sora's
heart.

That is, Namine is an alter ego of the Kairi who has directly interfered with
Sora's heart. Could this be why Sora and those hearts are connected to him
were able to have their memories controlled?

She is a "non-being" in the truest sense of the word; having not even become a
Nobody and with nowhere left to go, she is but the most fleeting of shadows.

I'm still not sure what it means exactly, but it hints that Namine might have been born when Kairi lost her heart on Destiny Islands. But her strong link to Sora, combined the the powers of light, being a Princess of Heart, and the fact that it jumped to Sora, creating a link to him, gave Namine those powers. Although this theory makes more sense to me, since I've believed it for years (infact many did), I'd like to know what Ansem was talking about here.

Xuan

What Ansem spoke was interesting, but I believe that there was interview of Nomura saying that Namine was made up of Sora's body and soul, so Ansem might just be wrong. Or that interview never existed (I didn't go check myself, it was the dudes here who said that there was this interview lol)

Xahaka

You know, I used to follow the exact same idea you got there, Xuan. Thats until I read Secret Ansem Report 9.

I'm still not sure what it means exactly, but it hints that Namine might have been born when Kairi lost her heart on Destiny Islands. But her strong link to Sora, combined the the powers of light, being a Princess of Heart, and the fact that it jumped to Sora, creating a link to him, gave Namine those powers. Although this theory makes more sense to me, since I've believed it for years (infact many did), I'd like to know what Ansem was talking about here.

I think Ansem the wise is contradicting himself....

Secret Ansem Report 10 said:
Sora went to sleep to recover the memories he lost in Castle Oblivion. It would take some time to bring back all the memories he had created in his lifetime. But Organization XIII held sway over Castle Oblivion. Sora would need to be kept someplace more secure.

I persuaded Namine’ to move the slumbering Sora to Twilight Town for safekeeping. Namine’. As I have written here before, she is a most unusual being. Born of the same process as a Nobody, but lacking virtually all of the elements of a Nobody. Perhaps she continues drawing in hopes of capturing that which she lacks: the memories of others, especially Sora.

I have arrived at a hypothesis. I believer that Namine’ was born as a special type of Nobody when Sora attacked himself with the Keyblade, causing his and Kairi’s hearts to leave their bodies simultaneously. Namine’ emerged as Kairi’s Nobody… but the body and soul necessary to exist as a Nobody belonged to Sora.

When a person’s heart is stolen, a Heartless is born with no sense of self, and the body and soul left behind gave rise to a Nobody. But what if one willingly releases one’s heart from one’s body? Sora and Xehanort retained their selfhood even after becoming Heartless.

Then there are Kairi and Namine’. Kairi was exceptional for having no darkness within her heart. Also exceptional was that her heart, once freed, migrated to a new vessel – Sora. The combination of these two theoretically unlikely exceptions may be behind this anomaly.

There are matters I must attend to while Sora is sleeping.

A new ally has appeared on the scene: Riku.

Xuan

Great. So perhaps I did not imagine the interview existed. This Report is enough. You know, scientist always makes a hypothesis first that starts to work his way out. This is his way of refining his theories.

marvx12

Website
rcmrvn.tumblr.com
I think the Ansem report means that because Kairi had no darkness in her, when her heart left her body to go to Sora's, Namine was formed because of the natural order of a heart leaving a body. But because her body remained in the realm of light and because her heart didn't return to darkness and instead went to Sora, a special nobody was formed. She has control over his memories because she has no memories due to the fact that she was formed from Sora's body, meaning that she really has no body(ha). Another reason she has control over his memories is because she directly interfered with Sora's heart, as it says above. And I also think that maybe she has control over his memories because she has no memories of her own, so she has Sora's memories.(I know I said that twice, but just deal with it)And the reason why she has no memories is because she is like a heartless. She is able to control Sora's memories because she directly interfered with Sora's heart as Kairi and as a nobody.
So technically, she is a noboartless or a heartody(nobody+heartless), because she has human form, yet she doesn't really have a body, and she doesn't really have a heart either.
Sorry if that was cloudy, I tried to explain it the best that I could. Unfortunatley, I'm horrible at explaining things.:/

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Great. So perhaps I did not imagine the interview existed. This Report is enough. You know, scientist always makes a hypothesis first that starts to work his way out. This is his way of refining his theories.

I guess, but there's 1 report about this and 1 report about that. If I believe any one, 10 is my most reasonable. The 9th is a hypothesis?

Last edited:
V

V.A.T.13

Well, the whole a report is a diary mixed in with hypothosis. Not 100% of it could be true. Prolly 90% is.

Anyway, what you have here Xuan, is a creative way to think of the situation. It's not really a theory per-say, because we know most of this is fact already, just with added bits of philosophy and looking deeper.

But the way I think of it, is as some hidden fetish that nomura has for incest. And I don't mean just Roxas and Namine, I mean Sora and Nami. Though I do like that pairing, I can't help but think of it as a fatherxDaughter deal. D:

V

V.A.T.13

Well, I say fatherxdaughter because Namine came mostly from Sora than Kai. >:
And then, Nami has the hots for Sora...

"You're the reason for my creation, you own every part of me."
She SO should of said that....

Xuan

... ok, V.A.T.13 doesn't really behave like a normal girl >>
Most of the 'fact' you're claiming is unknown to people out there, they just had the vague idea of what happened like, "Namine directly interfered with Sora's heart". Wtf does that mean anyway? Doesn't really bring out the sense it should need, so I'm extra explaining it.

V

V.A.T.13

why dont you turn that into a fanfic VAT
Because VAT can't write, she draws. >:

And she's currently drawing more Way to Dawn x Kingdom Key sex.

... ok, V.A.T.13 doesn't really behave like a normal girl >>
Normality sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back