• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SOPA 3.0 - We've got another job to do.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
It's back, unfortunately. It's been revised to the point where its passing would result in felony charges for streaming copyrighted content online. This means no more Let's Plays, Game Reviews, or anything. The entire internet will be on lock-down. It's a hassle that we're continuously faced with, but we'll ram its diddlying face into the pavement however many times we need to do it. For people living outside the US, this affects you too. The passing of this atrocity will influence your own political leaders down the line.

If there's one thing I depend on, it certainly isn't corporatism or politics, or even our ability as citizens to get along. But the one thing I can depend on is for everyone to gather and fight back when we're confronted with a grim reality that affects us all.

Show your support of an internet that's free from the claws of money-grubbing shitheads who seek to benefit themselves and damn the rest. You can do this by A.) Signing the Petition that I'm about to post below this and B.) Spread this
message to as many people as possible and tell them to do the same.

This new one is much quieter and less talked about so as to not alarm the public, but it's just as much of a threat. You have to make an account to sign the petition, but i did it in less than 2 minutes, and we need all the support we can get. I mean "we" as in the people of the world who don't deserved to be silenced.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/stop-sopa-2013/LMzMVrQF#thank-you=p

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
*face palms* You have got to be diddlying kidding me. We've gone through this how many times and they've failed? Not about to lose my I-net to a bunch of jerks this time either! I'll spread the word around.

Edit: It enrages me when I read the description to the petition on what would happen if it were to pass.

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
*face palms* You have got to be diddlying kidding me. We've gone through this how many times and they've failed? Not about to lose my I-net to a bunch of jerks this time either! I'll spread the word around.

Edit: It enrages me when I read the description to the petition on what would happen if it were to pass.

I agree... Signed!

Silent hero_

Awards
I do not know the exact details surrounding this law proposal nor the previously ones, so I can not say so much on the matter.

Anyway, if this is what I am thinking it is, why?! Why are they so persistant on bringing this back? What do they hope to accomplish with this proposal? I would be glad if someone could explain to me what their motives are for this..

Gram

Banned
Awards
tumblr_ma0e2j1zge1rw257ho1_400.gif
What the hell is these peoples problem!? Are they so desperate for control they'd keep this up?

Getting real tired of this shit america.

SRKTAVRXAYGDM

Awards
Again? Really? Those idiots.....they aren't getting anywhere by doing this. Just getting more hate.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Stahp. Each time this is brought up, it scrutinizes how misinformed most Americans are about how information is protected. Bad information produced from this bill has caused more harm than good.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Remember when megaupload got taken down, one of the Pirate Kings? Yeah, they did that within 24 hours of postponing SOPA/PIPA, which either would've enabled them to do, but less than 24 hours? Do they really even need these bills if they're going to do this shit like that anyway.

So, going by this "revised" SOPA bill, they'd basically be fucking over major internet traffic from video hosters like Machinima and LP's like TheRadBrad. Seriously?

King Sora X

Legendary Member
Awards
The power of the internet is always greater than the power of a group of controlling baboons. Want proof? The last two times SOPA tried to come at us, we fought back with rebellious justice. So, now we play the waiting game.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The power of the internet is always greater than the power of a group of controlling baboons. Want proof? The last two times SOPA tried to come at us, we fought back with rebellious justice. So, now we play the waiting game.

Dont celebrate just yet, they'll try something I'm sure.

axel95

Awards
I just can't believe they are trying this again! They are probably going to keep on doing this until they get some form of it to pass. Stand up and be heard!

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
i wouldn't get anyone's hopes up. i remember a petition a while back that was able to get 300,000 signatures in a few months. it started back in january, but it only just got a response last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back