• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sony's spin on the Wiimote/VR Gloves

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:EngetsuDrake:.

Gurren Brigade FTW!
That dosen´t seem that bad really. It culd be succesful if they mke it good (and cheap).

FPS culd work really well whit those and I knda like the idea.

The shud name it: The Sony (Nintend-rip) Power Glove II.

EDIT: It wuld need to be wery flexible or Sony have to say sorry for ppl whit small or very big hands...

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
It really makes you wonder why Nintendo doesn't patent their ideas. Also, I highly doubt this will be better than the Wii Remote. I just don't see it happening.

D

Deleted member 36435

Hmmm, I can actually see this happening.
It sounds like all you do is hold the thing and move your hands like your really going to pick the thing up, but it happens on screen. Am I right in what I think it is or could someone explain it more.

Lord n00b

How can it not be better than the Wii remote in theory, or rather on paper, when it is essentially the Wiimote? Keep in mind too the VR glove twist.

That's like saying in theory, HOME couldn't be better than Live. That wouldn't make sense because it basically is Live in combination with other concepts, thus making it much better.

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
It can't be better, in theory, because it can't be used for everything like the Wii Remote and its nun-chuk attachment can. Have you ever tried to play Super Mario Bros. with the Power Glove? That's what I'm imagining. Having to use your fingers to control everything would only work well for certain games. There's no analog stick, d-pad, or buttons on that thing.

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
You don't get it. =\
Go watch Angry Nintendo Nerd Power Glove on Gametrailers/Youtube. I mean having to clench your fingers to move. You can't do it. All this controller could do is make you able to grab things, hit things, and...that's about it.

Yes. Thank you for explaining that. I would've answered to a lower extent in my previous post, but, I didn't see that post...

Anyway, it would make NBA Live games easier, and thats about it.:thumbdown:

D

Deleted member 36435

Actually if you look at the Diagrams in the article it seems like there is some sort of attachment that acts as a nunchuck style controller.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
What can I say? If it works, this works better than the Wiimote... they probably will use it together with the Eyetoy btw...

I understand people call it stealing, and it is definetly inspired and based on the Wiis controller, but this one works a lot better. I mean, every move of your fingers is registred, so the games will feel even more real then Wii games.

Boxing games will be awesome. Though Im still against Manhunt type a games with these kind of stuff.

Anyways, I agree, its stealing, but I like the revision that could work a whole lot better.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
I see more Hentai and Sex games coming
hehe.gif

T

Tyler Durden

SuperEclipse, you truly are the most annoying person on these forums.

ANYHOW:

This could be awesome, especially when used with the eyetoy.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
^I dont think Sony wants that thing, lol. Its fugly, and you know it...

Besides, Sony announced MONTHS ago there will be a keyboard and mouse released for the PS3 for UT3, waaay before this tiny keyboard for the 360.

Indeed, more sex games probably, but hey, sex sells... XD

MINORITY REPORT anyone? I want this badly.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
You know thats not the final design right? They said that blog, they just wanted people to know its not rumour its the real thing..

and uh, there is already mouse for the 360.. :) and plus new keyboard work on PS3/PS2/360. :)

T

Tyler Durden

No Super, you are annoying because you post annoying random things, you generally refuse other people's ideas, you constantly bash Sony no matter what, and you are an utter Microsoft fanboy.

And i agree, that 360 controller is the fugliest thing I have ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back