• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sony

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
PS5 coming Holiday 2020. I’m pretty excited.
Me too!

Apparently the SSD makes games load almost instantly, more akin to the loading times during the cartridge days. PS4 Spiderman takes 8+ seconds to load, PS5 loads it in less than 1.

Haptic feedback will replace the rumble in the new controller, basically making me think of the Switch's rumble feature. Triggers can have different resistances for things like guns or bows. Controller will be a bit heavier, but still lighter than an Xbox One controller with batteries.

Apparently the UI will also change, and you'll be able to jump into a specific activity in a game, such as immediately queuing for a Strike in Destiny or a specific story/side mission. The way the data works is more customizable too, as you could choose to only download the multiplayer for the game, or get the whole thing and delete the single player after you finish it.

Also, is it just me, or does the dev kit itself look crazy? I want a version of the retail one to look like that lol.

Also, it is rumored to be getting both a Horizon sequel and a possible remake of Demon's Souls. It will play 4K Blu-ray, 100 Gb disks, and backwards compatible to PS4 games

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Newsflash:

PlayStation 5 Manufacturing Cost Reportedly Pushed Up to $450 Per Unit, Price Still Undecided by Sony

The PlayStation 5 will launch this coming holiday season, but Bloomberg reports that Sony is struggling with the price due to costly parts. According to “people with knowledge of the matter” the console’s manufacturing cost is currently at around $450 per unit. With the upcoming Xbox Series X expected to release in the same window, Sony has tough choices to make for the PlayStation 5’s price tag.

Sony usually finalizes the price of a new console by February of the release year. This follows with mass production during the spring. However, according to people with knowledge of the matter, Sony is “taking a wait-and-see approach” with the PlayStation 5.

So what does that mean if the PlayStation 5 ends up with a $450 unit cost? According to Macquarie Capital analyst Damian Thong the PlayStation 5’s retail price would have to be at least $470 if we include a similar gross margin. For example, the PS4 went for a retail price of $399 but was estimated to cost around $381 to manufacture.

Some Sony games staff shared their opinion that the company should sell the PlayStation 5 at a loss if necessary to match the new Xbox. However, it appears that the Sony executives would prefer to sell for a profit, much as they did with the PlayStation 4.

According to the source, Sony already locked down most of the components for the PlayStation 5. This includes the cooling system, which usually doesn’t cost much but Sony decided to spend more in order to make sure that heat dissipation won’t be an issue for the new console. It’s worth noting that the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak has had no impact on PlayStation 5’s production preparations.
Source:
In summation: The PS5 might have a price tag $100 more than the PS4, but we'll have to wait for Microsoft to announce their price until we get any specific confirmation.

The PS5 better make a graphical jump akin to the PS2>PS3 era and not another PS3>PS4 update with the price tag it might have.

In my opinion, they're gonna sell it at $499.99. If the Sony execs want to sell it at a profit, they will. They have the PS4 userbase to make up for any loss in sales. Unless something goes horribly wrong, they'll announce a price reduction two years from now.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Ouch. Me, as always I'm holding off until it has some games I want to buy. Rather make it worth my while. ^^
I presume launch year will have a lot of high profile ports. I imagine we'll get the 1619849862160th port of FINAL FANTASY XV and I speculate that the Re:COMPLETE (lol) version of the Seekers of Darkness Saga will be released for the PS5, which will include every single game plus Re:MIND. It will most definitely feature a port of the FINAL FANTASY VII Remake, but I think they might release that a couple of months later after the console's release.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

Attachments

• Memes.png
    Memes.png
    343.7 KB · Views: 4

Recon

Art of War
Awards
It’s a great a informative video with a lot of technical jargon, but it should have come out after showing the PS5 first. I’m not sure what this will do for the basic consumer. Probably confuse them? Mark did a great job presenting tho.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
It’s a great a informative video with a lot of technical jargon, but it should have come out after showing the PS5 first. I’m not sure what this will do for the basic consumer. Probably confuse them? Mark did a great job presenting tho.
Like some peeps said in the comments section of the article in Siliconera: the target audience was devs. Just the wording of "most played 100 PS4 games will be BC" is a Marketing fail.

Proper Marketing, to Sony's target market would be: "The newest entry to the PlayStation family, PS5, is backwards compatible with the PS4 library. Of the many games that the PS4 has, the 100 most played will be natively processed by the PS5".

Perhaps suggesting that not all PS4 games will get "HD Remasters" for the PS5.

This also means that FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Episode 1 won't get a separate release for PS5. It also means they can finish the entire project on the PS4.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Part of me was hoping they'd upgrade the trackpad to a touchscreen, so that it would actually get used for stuff. Honestly, why bring it back when no one uses it?

D

Deleted member 32967

Delays. Pandemics. Leaks.

The Last of Us Part II never really got out of the box.

And no, I meant that figuratively! :(

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sony has postponed their PS5 games reveal event:

The reason is in respect for what happened with George Floyd:

While we understand gamers worldwide are excited to see PS5 games, we do not feel that right now is a time for celebration and for now, we want to stand back and allow more important voices to be heard.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
95k6p605lc451.jpg

sq1wiazwkc451.jpg

There you have it, folks.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Insomniac on full blast with new Ratchet AND Spider-Man games this year.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn and glad a new one was announced. I’m interested in how the story will progress.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Amazing showcase. Sony always has a whole bunch of different types of games and genres, there's always something for everyone.

Aside from the previously announced cross-gen games like Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and Watch Dogs: Legion, I'm fully in for Spider-Man, Ratchet and Clank, Horizon: Forbidden West, Project Athia, Stray, and Kena: Bridge of Spirits.

Also Astro's Playroom will be preloaded on the PS5.

Back