• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sonic the Hedgehog

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Haku

<3
Re: Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion Thread

I know, I can't believe I was thinking right before the Secret Rings came out that "yeah this is going to be a great Sonic game" and then when I bought it I was really disappointed with the gameplay and the controls were sluggish and it got repetitive at times.

Mighty

The Adventure series were the best Sonic games. Everyone expected the game for PS3 and 360 to be an unofficial SA 3. After playing it, I hope this is not the case. We need a game that is actually called SA 3.

Next Gen is more or less considered SA3, even Sega has made notice of it.

Even if it wasnt, I don't see how the game would be any different from Next Gen. Sure it doesn't have the focus on shooting and hunting levels, but are those levels what really made the games great? No. It was the speed levels, and Next Gen certainly had those included (even if they were mediocre). Next Gen had a lot of potential, unfortunately sega sold fans an incomplete game with flaws you'd expect from a amateur game maker. The title Adventure wouldn't save the game.

Josiah

Quarian Power!

Yeah I agree with you there Anonymous because in the game of Shadow the Hedgehog everytime you were hit with something or you died he was always cursing. I really don't know what Sega was thinking trying to make the game series that hardcore because it failed miserably.

Hahahaha! LOL! Agreed to the highest potential. T_T;

Man, Sega SERIOUSLY needs a wake-up call, and figure out that these recent Sonic games are... Uhmm, Not good! It's like they don't realize it, and blindly think there games own. >.> Everytime they put out a new Sonic game, I still bought it, but I always noticed that it felt like the series was going downhill. =[

Josh

Silver Member

I'm tellin ya'll, a Sonic Adventure 3 using the same gameplay of Sonic Adventure DX and 2 would be the best one to date. Why hasn't Sega realized this?

OMG I totally agree! I loved adventure 1 and 2(dreamcast) if they could bring a game back with that kindof gameplay, I would be hooked for sure.

I was a MAJOR sonic fan- that is, up until Heroes v.v
The gameplay was... well, repetitive (but not exactly terrible), and I actually found the storyline to be entertaining (I LOVED metal-sonic in the orginals :D)

Me too, I had like every game for sega and sega CD. I remeber Sonic CD(Metal sonic started there) and that was such a fun game, different from sonic 1,2,and 3. And I hated Heroes, it lasted too long and just seemed to be the same thing to me over and over and over and over again.

So do I!!!!!!!!!!...Not really...I started playing them @ Sonic 3 for the Sega Genesis.

I started on Sonic 2 and Sonic CD and then went on to Sonic, Sonic 3,and Sonic&Knuckles.

Did anyone read the comics? I read like from the very begging of the series all the way to like comic 125. after that issue I started to get lost with the whole sonic gone for a whole year and stuff was so confusing with Dr.Robotnic.

I hate how they call him Dr.Eggman, its so annoying.

Haku

<3

I don't really like the name Eggman, I prefer Dr. Robotnik better.

Josh

Silver Member

I grew up calling him Robotnik, but when they started calling him Eggman in SA1, I just went with it.

yeah once SA1 came out every thing suddenly surrounded that story. The comics changed competely to go with the story and sonic got his eyes and spikes more sharper and changed when SA1 came out.

Josiah

Quarian Power!

I think he has a retarded looking Mustache, Lol

Josh

Silver Member

Yeah but still you gotta admit that playing SA1 is a pretty fun game.

Josiah

Quarian Power!

Tails rocks! ^^; Although he was like a toddler running after Sonic in the first few games, Lol

Josh

Silver Member

OMG tails was the most annoying thing ever in SA1&SA2. He talked to him self so much, it was too funny to hear that.

Then sonic would have over dramatic faces on SA1, when it wasn't even dramatic event going on.

Back