• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sonic the Hedgehog

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Wilderness

Awards
I personally only find Tails a con if he's your partner, but not as a stand alone character. The annoying times in boss fights where you're about to connect and then Tails swoops in and picks you up! Argh!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sonic Mania has a hell of a lot of praise from not only the (god awfully toxic) Sonic community, but from press too. It is a real fun game, with nods and references to old Sonic games, Sonic memes, and anything in between. I've been playing Sonic since Sonic 1, and this was the most welcome addition to the series in many, many years.
It's also worth mentioning that Mania was made by fans that have made fangames before, and have made ground-up ports of the first two Sonic games to mobile, and actually pitched those demos to Sega and Sega contacted them back and are currently working with them. Sega has been pretty open with fangames.

Forces objectively doesn't look too amazing, however I will definitely get it for the Switch.
Yeah, Forces doesn't look as engaging as Mania, but I'm a sucker for 3D Sonic games. And that's the same version I'll be getting.

I enjoyed Unleash (though I oddly preferred the night stages),
I think the general consensus with Unleash is that it's a good game, but fans hate the God of War esque system. I mean, I don't have a problem with it. It's just a simple mechanic they decided to try.

Wilderness

Awards
It's also worth mentioning that Mania was made by fans that have made fangames before, and have made ground-up ports of the first two Sonic games to mobile, and actually pitched those demos to Sega and Sega contacted them back and are currently working with them. Sega has been pretty open with fangames.

Yeah, Forces doesn't look as engaging as Mania, but I'm a sucker for 3D Sonic games. And that's the same version I'll be getting.

I think the general consensus with Unleash is that it's a good game, but fans hate the God of War esque system. I mean, I don't have a problem with it. It's just a simple mechanic they decided to try.

Of course! For the fans, by the fans! CW & Stealth. I think Whitehead did the iOS ports for CD, 1 and 2, and Stealth was leader of Team Megamix, which made one of my favourite hacks; Sonic Megamix.

I think I wanna get Forces for Switch because I wanna build up my library for the console. I feel I've personally neglected my system since release date, but lately been using it a lot more.

One thing which is 95% guaranteed with Sonic is the music being awesome! I have 3 friends that have done music for Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic Generations.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
All the word coming out of this Switch demo is saying it's awful, yikes.

I'm hoping the game pans out well, although I'm not super interested myself. I'd love to see the main Sonic team handle a Mania-style game after this, but I guess what happens next all depends on how this performs.

EDIT: Polygon gave the game a 5/10 and TSSZ gave it a 2/5. It's still early but welp.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
All the word coming out of this Switch demo is saying it's awful, yikes.

EDIT: Polygon gave the game a 5/10 and TSSZ gave it a 2/5. It's still early but welp.

I followed up on those articles and I'm not convinced. The demo only allows 1 minute of play in each course. That window is way too small to judge the game. I think the game will score 8s and 7s, but we'll see.

Tsuyu Tsuyu

I am still curious about Sonic Forces despite the negative reviews. Maybe I'll just wait for the review embargoes first, I am really interested on the "OC" creator.

I may end up buying it just for that alone... though... ah! Whatever, just look for the reviews first and we'll see.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Not looking good when your game releases, but the review embargo isn't lifted.

*didn't this happen to fallout 4?*

ImVentus

Awards
I sure am glad I didn't look up reviews and spoilers. I've finally played through the entire game and my overall thoughts were rather pleasant. What saved the game for me personally was the rookie/your avatar and modern Sonic's levels. Ive never really been much of a fan for 2d levels but I was fine with 2d Sonic here most of the part. Speeding throughout the story was for me a real treat and it was nice to see so many familiar faces. I went into the game just wanting to have a good time, and what do you know that's exactly what I got back in return.

Don't understand why a game must be perfect to be enjoyed and therefore I stand for my point that Sonic Forces wasn't a perfect or bad game. But a roller coaster that's for sure. And now I can't stop listen to the soundtrack.

ImVentus

Awards
So with the games short story-mode, lack of variety in boss battles, decent voice acting and trouble with controls especially the climax stage before the two main bosses
is it still a fun experience? Well actually yes, it's still a overall fun and fast paced game.
Luckily with the new added customization, makes the game even more appealing if you ever wanted to have your own customized avatar in the Sonic universe.
What made me want to re-play the game was the involvement and importance of your avatar in the story. For the story itself I thought it was simple but surprisingly a bit creative. It's a fun experience if not having to high demands on the game.

Could the game had been better?
Of course it could have! Some patches should be updated to fix glitches and etc. But for what it is, it's an enjoyable ride with some nice areas to speed through. my favourite being Mystic Jungle for it's visuals.

But if you enjoyed other 3D Sonic games then you probably will find, quite a treat with Sonic Forces.

I surely can't wait to see what future awaits for Sonic after Forces.

Last edited:

ImVentus

Awards
Gotta say though that even if most bosses were predictable I had a fun time battling them. So it really comes to having different taste in the end.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
I feel bad for the fans who got excited. I'm not a Sonic fan, but it's a shame they seem to release some pretty on point games and then back to something pretty poor. From a Dunkey video, i've seen some of the horrendous controls are back and cause deaths constantly.
What an honest shame tbh. I was kinda interested too.

At least it seems to not be on the level of Sonic Boom and 06 tho. Gotta look at those silveritsnouse linings, am I right?

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
[video=youtube;vXiiN5xvOuI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXiiN5xvOuI[/video]

Cuteness overload!

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
With how Sonic Mania was so well-received, I'm wondering why Sega doesn't just switch to simple retro 2D sonic entirely. Doesn't seem like Sonic Forces has given 3D sonic much more credit than before.

Back