• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sonic the Hedgehog

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Haku

<3
Re: Sonic the Hedgehog Discussion Thread

The only thing that I would have to say that I liked about Shadow the Hedgehog was that of the multiple paths and endings other than that everything else just collasped.

Ragnarok Prinny

Yea... Shadow had a good concept of choosing yer side... But it failed in the gameplay though... And camera angles too... But.. As a Sonic fan I did enjoyed it... But hey... I can play as a hedgehog samurai...
I wish I a 360 since I wanted to play Next-Gen...

Haku

<3

What really upset me about Shadow the Hedgehog was that of him using the firearms. I mean that idea I thought was okay at first because you really didn't have to fight with that many enemies but most of the time you were going around looking for some more ammo instead of doing what all Sonic games should be like running really fast, so I thought that this really slowed down the fun aspect of it.

Josiah

Quarian Power!

I didn't really like Shadow all that much... He was just an imitation of Sonic, with a bad-arse attitude... I always wanted Sonic to be one-of-a-kind and Shadow ruined that, lol. Other than that, he was okay in a few of the game... NOT Shadow the Hedgehog though... >.<

Every Heart

Here We Go Again
Inside an empty room, my inspiration flows, now wa

I like Shadow mostly because he's the complete opposite of Sonic, but not in the emo sense.

But I couldn't really grasp "Silver the Hedgehog". He was overconfident (more than Sonic, which I didn't think was possible) and his name didn't seem very original. I mean, look at Sonic, Shadow, and Mephiles.

Sonic: Named for his "sonic speed". Makes perfect sense.
Shadow: Dark personality and is quite like a shadow. Makes sense, but not as good as Sonic's.
Mephiles: Most original there. Mephiles also means "Satan". Makes loads of sense there, but if that's Sega's attempt to draw teenagers in, then that's just desperate.

And now you have Silver, named because he's...silver.

Haku

<3

I really didn't like the way they put the silver hedgehog in the 360 game I think that he had some sort of psychic powers that he could use another bad idea for Sega.

Mighty

Silver's premise seemed fun at first, but as the levels progress you start to see that his entire gameplay is a mediocre mess.

Josiah

Quarian Power!

Haven't played any Next-Gen Sonic game, but even when I first saw the guy, I thought he was just going to be somewhat lame. =\

Haku

<3

All of the levels in the Sonic for the 360 are all basically the same except that you can play as some of the less known characters in the series.

Josiah

Quarian Power!

Wow. >_> I'm sorry, but that's a big disappointment. =[ If they can somehow bring Sonic back Sonic it's 2-D feeling, and atmosphere, I believe they can bring Sonic back to it's former glory... MAYBE! ^(v.v)^

Haku

<3

I think that the main reason is because Sega is probably still too busy making bad Sonic games along with their other titles.

Haku

<3

To be completely honest with everyone I have never finished a Sonic game for the Genesis. I got really far in Sonic 3 but I was killed on the last stage and there was no way I could continue and I had to start all over again.

Anonymous

Little 'Ol Me

I was a MAJOR sonic fan- that is, up until Heroes v.v
The gameplay was... well, repetitive (but not exactly terrible), and I actually found the storyline to be entertaining (I LOVED metal-sonic in the orginals :D)

And then came Shadow... T_T
The ridiculous overuse of "damn and hell" was a joke- and the gameplay just failed in every way. (Don't get me wrong- I felt Shadow was a decent character in SA2, but then he was ruined with the whole "amnesia" thing.... I mean, how original :\)

However, I still love the handheld games... the 2D elements are still fun =D

I really never understood why there wasn't a SA3... the adventure series had such fun gameplay :|

Haku

<3

Yeah I agree with you there Anonymous because in the game of Shadow the Hedgehog everytime you were hit with something or you died he was always cursing. I really don't know what Sega was thinking trying to make the game series that hardcore because it failed miserably.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

I remember thinking it would be a great game. The only game that came out recently that I fully expected to suck ass (and did) was Sonic and the Secret Rings. The failure of the PS3 and 360 version was completely unexpected. Everything good that IGN and other sites had to say about it while it was still being developed disappeared when it came out.

Back