• We have brought back Future of KINGDOM HEARTS as our main Kingdom Hearts section. Discuss any projects including Phase 2 developments, the rumored Disney Plus series, all TWEWY-related news, theories about the future of Kingdom Hearts, and any general topics in this section. For anything related to Kingdom Hearts Memory of Melody, please discuss it in the KINGDOM HEARTS Memory of Melody section.
  • Although unrelated to Kingdom Hearts, we are aware that there might be fans of The Last of Us on our forums. We ask that you please keep all spoilers for The Last of Us 2 spoiler-tagged. Any untagged spoilers will result in a temporary ban from the site.

Film ► Sonic The Hedgehog

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zettaflare

See you in Shibuya
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • Nothing's Like Before
Sony and producer Neal Moritz are bringing the best-selling Sega video game Sonic the Hedgehog to the big screen.

The studio is teaming with Japan-based production company Marza Animation Planet, a division of the Sega Sammy Group, to make a hybrid computer-animated/live-action feature

Upright Citizens Brigade alums Evan Susser and Van Robichaux are writing the screenplay, which will follow the antics of Sonic, the world's fastest hedgehog. The film will also feature some of the franchise's favorite characters including the evil Dr. Eggman.

Sony-based Moritz (22 Jump Street) is producing through his Original Film banner alongside Marza’s Takeshi Ito and Mie Onishi. Toby Ascher is executive producing.

'Sonic the Hedgehog' Movie in the Works at Sony - Hollywood Reporter

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
Awards
Re: Sonic The Hedgehog(Film)

I don't know how to feel about this until we get more on this.

Gram

Banned
Awards
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • Master of Monologues
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX
  • Keyblade Master
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance

*sees "live action"* Why do they keep using such a horrendous idea for everything?????

Last edited:

Zettaflare

See you in Shibuya
Awards
  • Anguis Union
  • Nothing's Like Before

I'm going to reserve judgement until I know more about the film. But the fact that it's live action is already a red flag.

ryaneden

Awards

*Crosses Fingers* Please let Eggman be in CGI to. oh please oh please let him be in CGI as well. at least we already know the Animal cast will be in CGI.

matrix8140

Fist of The North Star(Freedom)
Awards

Live Action?

Lol no. I couldn't believe anyone would commit to such a ridiculous idea.

...Hollywood...

FUCK.

How the Hell would they do that? CGI Sonic with live action Humans? WHAT THE FUCK MAN. That's going to look so ugly and without a reason.

Ballad of Caius

Stardust 💫
Awards
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • In the Grid
  • Bravely Default
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ

It's getting a sequel. I watched the film, it was pretty good for a video game adaption movie. Other than that, the movie was pretty much made for every type of audience: old fans, new fans and non fans. Glad it's getting a sequel.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX

Live Action?

Lol no. I couldn't believe anyone would commit to such a ridiculous idea.

...Hollywood...

FUCK.

How the Hell would they do that? CGI Sonic with live action Humans? WHAT THE FUCK MAN. That's going to look so ugly and without a reason.
I like the initial reactions and how badly they have aged. Sonic the Hedgehog wasn't an Oscar winner by any means, but it was a really enjoyable and fun movie. And Jim Carrey nailed Robotnik, becoming more and more Eggman as the movie progressed.

I'm excited to see the sequel.