• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Somewhere to Belong [KH, Roku/Nami]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Title: Somewhere to belong
Fandom: Kingdom Hearts
Timeline: Post KHII
Characters: Roxas, Naminé
Romance: Possibly.
Notes: This was my share of an art-trade with MM-12 @ DA
Summary: Even two such as they could find solace in one certain location, and in each other's company

~♥~​

She wasn't a stranger to the will to touch something beyond her reach.
Ever since she was born, she always longed for something, for someplace, for someone. She knew what it was like to watch from afar, and she knew what it was like to watch from beyond a glass.
She also knew what it was like to watch through someone else's eyes.
The girl sitting on the balcony atop the Twilight Town clock tower was truly no stranger to the odd sensation brought about when she reached out to the distant sunset. She kept her hand stretched out, her fingers spread and yet the golden orb was still visible.
She pondered this view for a good while, even when the sound of boots over the smooth surface of the stairs reached her ears. She knew who it was even before he reached the top and she let a smile rise to her lips. He finally made it, the person she came there to see...

The back of the person waiting for him was quite familiar, though he had to admit he wasn't expecting to see her there. He was used to seeing darker hair colors and clothes, not this bright figure whose platinum blonde hair, pale skin and bright white dress all threatened to be swallowed by the dying sun's light. Regardless, he found that he didn't mind her presence there, and so walked up to stand by her.

"This sure is rare-" He began as he came to a stop and looked down at her. "Seeing you here, Naminé."

At the sound of her name, her smile widened and she lowered her hand to rest over the smooth marble on which she was sitting.
"Is that a bad thing?" She asked, a distant touch of insecurity in her voice.
He shrugged in reply and sat down as well.

"Nah. I never wrote my name on the railing... though we did come close to doing it, once."

The carefree reply offered some relief, and the girl nodded to herself.

"Thanks, Roxas."

He snickered in return. "Heh... don't mention it."

"So. What did bring you here?" The boy asked after a while of silence. He didn't mind the atmosphere, really, but the guest was a rare one, and his curiosity won him over before long. He tilted his head and turned to look at her, only to find her with slightly hunched shoulders.
"I'm just curious, I'm not gonna kick you out or anything." He decided to reassure, and saw that it was a good thing he did - she seemed to relax, even if only by a bit.
Still, there was an edge to her, the kind only brought about by embarrassment.

"This is kind of new for me, not being tossed away..." she admitted, shoulders hunched still and feet kicking the air idly.
Roxas on his part laughed.

"I never felt unwanted here. This place really is amazing like that."

For a long moment he looked ahead, eyes set intently on the setting sun. Naminé watched him from the corner of her eyes, studying carefully his calm, pleasant expression. She closed her eyes then before smiling up at the skies.

"I guess... that's why I came. At least once, I wanted to see it..."
She looked out at the town before looking at their legs, dangling off the railing.
"The same view you were always looking at."

A tiny gasp left Roxas's lips as he turned to look at the girl by his side. She was staring down intently, and for a moment he wondered if she was ashamed of what she said. He realized soon enough that wasn't the case, however, as her expression was a content one, though suddenly he felt as though it was the kind of satisfaction one wished to experience before never coming back, nor looking back.
He realized what he was doing only when his hand was already cupping her chin, tilting her head up so she could properly look out at the town and the horizon.

"Then shouldn't you be looking out there?" He asked in a soft, amused voice before returning to look ahead, not wanting to see her flushed expression.

"Let me know in advance next time; I'll get us some ice cream."

'Next time'. The two words echoed in the girl's ears for a long moment, bringing with them an odd sense of ease and comfort. Her smile softened and she let herself relax, and finally enjoyed the view.

"It's a promise, then." She whispered, as though the words held to them the means to break it all.

"I get that a lot." Roxas replied lightly, and in return, both burst out laughing, their voices echoing through the town without anyone truly hearing them.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
ROKUNAMI ROKUNAMI ROKUNAMI YOU WROTE A ROKUNAMI AND THEY'RE SO FREAKIN' CUTE!!!!!

*coughs* Sorry. Got a little excited there.

Wow, you really had a hard time with this one, didn't you? It's a lot shorter than your usual fic length, but that's okay, you did good, and you captured their personalities well! I think I enjoyed the ending the most, with Roxas getting her to look out at the sunset instead of looking down, and the reaction to "It's a promise." They DO say that a lot in KH, don't they?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, some of my other fics are short. Crayola Smiles and Advice come to mind, but then again I was aiming to make this longer and a bit more insightful. Instead I ended with shadows of the concepts I wanted to explore xD;;;
It still came out better than what I was even hoping for, though xD; glad you enjoyed.
It certainly helped I was imagining Ven and how Roxas was around Xion for over half of this

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
For someone who hates RokuNami, you really did make it work and I thought you kept them in-character, so yeah, I was impressed! It would've been nice if you'd been able to do more with it, but I liked it.
O_O Well, you're lucky I happen to like Ven/Namine!

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Another cuteness-attack. ;)
Damn it Naminé, why do you always have be so cute...

Despite not really your cup of tea it turned out very well...and hey, who says that Nami and Rox can't just be BFFs?

As for the "environment", did Naminé came over for a visit inside Sora's heart to meet Roxas in a memory-version of TT? ^__^

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Despite not really your cup of tea it turned out very well...and hey, who says that Nami and Rox can't just be BFFs?

That is indeed what I had in mind when writing this actually.

As for the "environment", did Naminé came over for a visit inside Sora's heart to meet Roxas in a memory-version of TT? ^__^

I was more utilizing what was already established in the canon, both in the FM+ (with Roxas and Axel's consciousnesses meeting in TLTW [TT is more Traverse Town. Also TLTW is a canon abbreviation for Twilight Town, written on one of the banners in the game], and in Blank Points where RAX as a trio are sitting on the balcony in Twilight Town - symbolic, I know, but given the FM+ - why the heck not?) where their "minds" met.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That is indeed what I had in mind when writing this actually.
Yadda, yadda, mustn't always be romance. ;)

I was more utilizing what was already established in the canon, both in the FM+ (with Roxas and Axel's consciousnesses meeting in TLTW [TT is more Traverse Town. Also TLTW is a canon abbreviation for Twilight Town, written on one of the banners in the game], and in Blank Points where RAX as a trio are sitting on the balcony in Twilight Town - symbolic, I know, but given the FM+ - why the heck not?) where their "minds" met.
I see, so the FM+-scenes were the main base for this...it's a "mind"-TLTW.
Gosh, there are way too many abbreviations...one should write a dictionary about that and then ask to put it as a sticky thread, LMAO.

KH is pretty hefty on symbols, so it's well within "the universe".

Passion

Silver Member
Awards
Title: Somewhere to belong
Characters: Roxas, Naminé

This is going to be interesting... :)

~♥~​
He realized what he was doing only when his hand was already cupping her chin, tilting her head up so she could properly look out at the town and the horizon.

"Then shouldn't you be looking out there?" He asked in a soft, amused voice before returning to look ahead, not wanting to see her flushed expression.

Well isn't that a sweet thing to do. While although I'm not a big RokuNami shipper... I really do like this little section here. It's nice and warm and it seems like the kind of interaction a "best" friend would have with another. I like it. Plus it's not drowning in forced shipping or anything,,, *looks at Nomura*

"Let me know in advance next time; I'll get us some ice cream."

Always with the ice cream eh, Roxas?
*U*
There's really not much for me to say about this one. You found the right balance between friendship and "possible" romance. So much to the point that it could go either way and there's no true reason to dispute one side over the other. I like the characterisation that you placed within the both of them. Each of their comments and actions towards one another is completely rational and actually kind of cute :) I enjoyed reading it and there isn't too much for me to hate about it lol

SMILE♥ how was that?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
This is going to be interesting... :)

xD;

SMILE♥ how was that?

s1elleface.gif

Wonderful~ thanks.

Status