• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Sometimes I wake; I see them reaching out for you"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
640px-Sora_reaches_for_Tron%27s_Hand.png

Am I the only one whose heart breaks every time they look at this?

I'm sure all of you have noticed the importance of hands in this series. From Destati's opening line "Awaken, hold out your hand" to the multitudes of times characters have held hands.

It's clearly a way of signifying hearts reaching out. For characters like Sora, Kairi, Riku, and Mickey, it is a way of connecting hearts together. For people like Young Xehanort, it is a form of deceit and manipulation.

Just want to get your thoughts on hands in relations to connections/bonds. Also, please post any images you have of scenes featuring hands from the series. I mean I'm not doing this for a reason or anything hahahahaha

Vani

LOVEY DOVEY DOVEY
KH2.jpg

Lol this was probably because she was falling but still, ^.^

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
A few different instances come to mind:

- Namine is almost always clasping her hands, sometimes around her drawing pad—a reminder of how she'll always be solitary, in one way or another.

- Sora and Riku clasp hands over the Keyblade right before vanquishing Xemnas; this is also done between Aqua and Terra when they banish the Guardian/Xehanort, I think.

- Riku and Mickey have their recurring handshake, a nice gesture between them.

- All of the Xehanorts gesture in a way that fits their personalities:

-- Master Xehanort wiggles, claws, and grasps, showing how craven and power-hungry he has become.
-- "Ansem" sweeps with grand gestures, scooping you up with charisma.
-- Xemnas slowly twists and contorts his hands as he speaks; if anything, it gives him an unsettling aura of wrongness.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex

- Namine is almost always clasping her hands, sometimes around her drawing pad—a reminder of how she'll always be solitary, in one way or another.

- Sora and Riku clasp hands over the Keyblade right before vanquishing Xemnas; this is also done between Aqua and Terra when they banish the Guardian/Xehanort, I think.

-- Master Xehanort wiggles, claws, and grasps, showing how craven and power-hungry he has become.
-- "Ansem" sweeps with grand gestures, scooping you up with charisma.
-- Xemnas slowly twists and contorts his hands as he speaks; if anything, it gives him an unsettling aura of wrongness.
I dig this interpretation, right on.
230x149x75x0.jpg

Holding hands
Riku_and_Mickey.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That is really interesting because I've never noticed it in that light. Also, I think of her drawings and how they are memories, so in a way she is unable to be a part of people's memories and can only indirectly "touch" them.

Yes, when Aqua uses that special Trinity Limit, Terra does place his hand over hers when they do the attack. So, a union of power? Strength of one's bonds?

It's really touching. They shake hands when creating their friendship, promises, in greeting and in parting.

This I have noticed and the closer he is to his goals, the more he does it.

Zul

Awards
It's clearly a way of signifying hearts reaching out. For characters like Sora, Kairi, Riku, and Mickey, it is a way of connecting hearts together. For people like Young Xehanort, it is a form of deceit and manipulation.
532775_10150685144958595_733903594_9387130_900558680_n.jpg

Awards
There are so many I can think of, but Google won't find the pictures. >:c

Like when Sora and Namine pinky promised
And when Sora shook Namine's hand
And when Namine grabbed Roxas's wrist to save him from falling in the darkness
And when Namine put her hand in front of Roxas's face so she could take
And this one, I'm just too dejected to look for, but someone handing someone sea-salt ice cream counts, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back