• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something Weird That Irks Me About BBS...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Keyblade Gliders... (Spoiler, I'm just nitpicking :p)

They are used by the TAV trio to fly through space to reach multiple worlds across the KH Universe. However! They can also at times get beat in a race by prop planes and a literal car! Giving a pass on the Unversed because Heartless ships can keep up with the gummi ships so I'd assume Unversed are no different.

But come on we're supposed to believe that a vehicle that can travel through space cannot just flat outrun Pete's gas guzzler? Also a keyblade glider that goes about 5 minutes on the Castle Circuit can travel from Disney Town to Neverland in literally no time at all?

Yeah I'm sorry but I'm just not buying it..

Pandymint

Awards
Allow me to give to you the most appropriate answer I can think of:

Nanomachines, son.

Joking aside, it's weird, but eh it's a game. Maybe when in a world, laws of that world actually apply the gliders? Who knows.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Keyblade Gliders... (Spoiler, I'm just nitpicking :p)

They are used by the TAV trio to fly through space to reach multiple worlds across the KH Universe. However! They can also at times get beat in a race by prop planes and a literal car! Giving a pass on the Unversed because Heartless ships can keep up with the gummi ships so I'd assume Unversed are no different.

But come on we're supposed to believe that a vehicle that can travel through space cannot just flat outrun Pete's gas guzzler? Also a keyblade glider that goes about 5 minutes on the Castle Circuit can travel from Disney Town to Neverland in literally no time at all?

Yeah I'm sorry but I'm just not buying it..

I think you are forgetting the fact that we don't actually experience the time it takes for TAV to get from world to world in real time. It likely takes some time to travel between worlds on those gliders.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
It's this marvelous thing called "gameplay and story segregation." It unfortunately doesn't care whether the audience buys it or not. :p

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I think you are forgetting the fact that we don't actually experience the time it takes for TAV to get from world to world in real time. It likely takes some time to travel between worlds on those gliders.

Well even if it took some time (days, months) we're talking worlds light years apart. Still pretty dang fast!

@Pandymint
I thought so too. I mean obviously going that speed on the track they wouldn't be able to make the turns and they probably need their armor so their skin doesn't fly off. Seems like you'd still be able to stomp it during straightaways and pull ahead though. Or just be a notch faster than everyone else. For example if everyone's going 70 mph, just go up to 90 mph.

@BlackOsprey
Exactly. Kinda like Sora cutting buildings and super human jumping in the Xemnas boss battle, but never again in regular gameplay.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
keep in mind they aren't supposed to meddle, and laws of physics work differently between worlds so mayhaps they couldn't?

Anagram

Banned
Reasons to love gummis & corridors more~
Seriously though just mini gameplay mechanics at work.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I prefer entering worlds head-first and in freefall, but hey, I guess dives aren't for everyone~
i'm all for the final battle, they have to enter MX's realm stealthily so they skydive from the gummi ship to a reorchestration of "power" by kanye west.

especially if sora's hair goes back and he looks like sanic.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Heh, for a Star Wars expert this is actually not something to wonder about, as in SW most ships (except the smallest ones) have two different engines, one for sublight speed and a Hyperdrive for faster than Light travel.
The gliders are of course also pretty small, but I just handwave it that they too have two forms of propulsion and when actually on the surface of a world TAV only use the slower one. ;P

Hovhannes1998

Heh, for a Star Wars expert this is actually not something to wonder about, as in SW most ships (except the smallest ones) have two different engines, one for sublight speed and a Hyperdrive for faster than Light travel.
The gliders are of course also pretty small, but I just handwave it that they too have two forms of propulsion and when actually on the surface of a world TAV only use the slower one. ;P
I'm also a huge Star Wars lover/part time expert, and reading through this thread, I really didn't think an answer that actually works would be reached, but hey, you did it. Yeah, this is completely true, which is why you can also see the ships moving through space like nothing, but going rather slowly on actual planets (Geonosis), also why the armadas just appear out of nowhere sometimes.

@BlackOsprey
You're not alone. crashing into a planet at the speed of though is the only way to go.

AurisFlown

Awards
Also, I wonder if you've forgotten about the dash feature on the world map which makes your statement about 2 different types of speed actually possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back