• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something weird about Drive

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Okay, I don't know if anyone noticed this but I found this a little strange. You know how when you're playing the game Sora has to fuse with Donald or Goofy in order to use drive. But what I found interesting is that in the cutscene with the three fairies all Sora had to do to go into Valor form was touch one of the drive orbs. He didn't once fuse with Donald or Goofy nor did the Fairies tell him that he had to fuse with them to use drive. I know, Square wanted to make driving unique by fusing with your party members, but storyline wise it's a flaw. According to the cutscene, Sora should be able to use drive any time just as long as he collects those orbs not by fusing with a party member. It's not a big flaw nor does it ruin the game, but kind of makes the drive in the gameplay seem a little inaccurate to the way the story had portrayed it.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
...I don't think it was meant to be in connection of the plot-line. In fact, you don't even really "fuse" with the party member. It's simply that it requires the help of that party member, and they're not allowed to stay in the party during that time.

It's just like summoning, you don't fuse with your party members when you summon, yet they still dissapear.

Hybrid Keyblade

Yeah..it's definately kinda weird, but its always fun to see your drive form when sealing a world..Although I wanna beat a world while in Anti Form...I wonder if that'll work...

BladerUnknown

Hybrid Keyblade said:
Yeah..it's definately kinda weird, but its always fun to see your drive form when sealing a world..Although I wanna beat a world while in Anti Form...I wonder if that'll work...

If you were still in Anti-Forum, you'd appear normal in the cut scene. I've beaten a battle of heartless while still in Anti-Form and it just shows you as normal.

Onite

whats cool is when you are in a drive form and theres a cutscene, sora has the drive clothes on during the cutscene....does this work for anti-form, if so it would be awesome.

The_Way_To_Dawn

I liked to think that Sora could drive anytime, but we saw how he seemed to get exausted during the cutscene, so the second member fusing with him was to sort of keep his energy up for the duration of the drive.

TerranOvermind

Sorry to go off topic a bit, but did any here have problems getting the Final Form? I've read from these boards and from the strategy guide that it happens randomly when you drive after the Sora/Roxas cutscene in TWTNW.

Well...I've gone all the way through to the end, and the only time it went to Final Form was during the last battle with Xemnas on his first "king on throne" form. I've gone back and fought enemies from the top of the tower down to the entrance to the alternate Twilight Town and back up and not once since then has it appeared again so I can use it.

Am I doing something wrong? I've been getting plenty of experience for my other drives. Should I just keep fighting and driving, hoping it will eventually appear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back