• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something needs to be done about summons in KH3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Okay, I love KH2. I'm addicted to it. But summons stunk. I mean they were really bad. Something has got to be done about the summons. There needs to be more and better summons than the ones that KH2 had. Stitch was cool. Genie, okay. But Chicken Little? Come on. Sora is currently the worst summoner in the universe. He needs better summons. Who agrees that in KH3 there should be more/better summons both Disney and Square?

I'd like to see Pete's Dragon as a summon and Bahamut from FFX.

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
I concur.
In comparison to KH, the summons in KH2 sucked.
I was disappointed with that aspect of the game.

carsonj

Website
www.freewebs.com
Well like with KH1, there were six summons that ran off magic, so they were more fun to use, where as in KH2 there were only four, all but Genie were lame, and they were difficult to use because you had to decide whether or not to use form or summon. In KH3 they need some cool summons, like Stich, but souped up. Also, I think a Kim Possible summon would be pretty interesting if they pulled it off right.

awsemo

i never really used summons unless necessary. but i di like genie as a summon.

i think they should have ifrit from ffX

Athaydea

Bronze Member
im in 100% agreement .. i think i summoned about twice when i first played Kh2 and havnt done it again in the 6 other times i beat the game .. i was really disappointed by it ..

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
^They really don't have a pressing need in the game outside of the Tournaments in the Underworld.
At least in KH1, there was a noticeable difference in the outcome of battles when I used a summon. It was salient that the summon had been a great help if used correctly at the right time in battle and the correct situation; if used at a time when it wasn't needed, then it was apparent that you just wasted some MP. The summons in KH1 were more useful from a tactical vantage point.
I didn't really get the sense that using a KH2 summon would critically alter the outcome of a battle for me, or even make a slight difference.
But that is all my opinion, I know others have had different experiences.

Last edited:

Athaydea

Bronze Member
^They really don't have a pressing need in the game outside of the Tournaments in the Underworld.
At least, in KH1, there was a noticeable difference in the outcome of battles when I used a summon. It was salient that the summon had been a great help if used correctly at the right time in battle and the correct situation; if used at a time when it wasn't needed, then it was apparent that you just wasted some MP. The summons in KH1 were more useful from a tactical vantage point.
I didn't really get the sense that using a KH2 summon would critically alter the outcome of a battle for me, or even make a slight difference.
But that is all my opinion, I know others have had different experiences.

well yeah that was the big problem .. between the forms you could use .. and the overall strength sora has .. like it was pointless

sora should have either been weaker.. or there shouldnt have been any summons

shadow_of_light

the sole purpose for even using the forms what just to level them up since i had nothing in the game to do. if they're going to put them in the game, they need to make sure that they are more fun to use and/or (somewhat) required for some part of the game. otherwise, it'll be the same story that we have now.

Xerrat

Yeah, I reckon I used Peter Pan... once...? Whole game, just once. The Genie was someone you could use in a pinch if you were running out of time in the timed tournaments and Stitch was the best, hands down. :)

urso93

Yeah i totally agree wit you KH2 summons sucks except Gennie... i think Square should put decent summons like Bahamut or even Knights of The Round:thumbsup: That would be awesome if Sora oculd summon such powerful summons... even if its not very likely to happen

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Summon were bad. Only time I used them in KH2 was in underworld. Only time I used them in KH1 was in Traverse Town, before the end because I was wondering what they looked like...

Really, like they did fr the Gummi Ship, they could improve the sysem, they can do same for summon, at least, I hope.

Ferry13

O_o a dancing Gaara
Rotterdam in the netherlands and in my house and i
yeah i nvr used them outside of the tournaments except the marluxia re-match in fm+
and is kh2 you can pick an form or a summon - form wins for me.
if summons only took mp they would be much more interesting , likeif you use a form and summon at the same time :p

Blue

home is where the heart is
Okay, I love KH2. I'm addicted to it. But summons stunk. I mean they were really bad. Something has got to be done about the summons. There needs to be more and better summons than the ones that KH2 had. Stitch was cool. Genie, okay. But Chicken Little? Come on. Sora is currently the worst summoner in the universe. He needs better summons. Who agrees that in KH3 there should be more/better summons both Disney and Square?

I'd like to see Pete's Dragon as a summon and Bahamut from FFX.
I totally I agree.The summons just sucked,I did not use one even once.

There should definitely be better summons in KH3 D=

D

Divine Light

i know it was like i never ever NEEDED to summon a summon never got me out of a tough stop in a bossfight i would just be bored in KH2 with Sora walking around TT and just summon just out of pure boredom. i think in KH3 they should do the follwing.

A: make the Summons cooler.

B: Make you Need them as in they help you when your fighting a boss and make a diffrence.

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
if you ask me peter pan should have been taken out.

And his world put back in.

I was dissapointed with the KH2 summons as well, there were less of them, and they all had lame and uninspired attacks. I do hope they use the old summon sysytem for KH3.

sora_freak12

I concur.
In comparison to KH, the summons in KH2 sucked.
I was disappointed with that aspect of the game.

me too. 1. There were fewer summons. 2. You didn't need to give the stone to Fairy Lady to get a saummon.3. Summon attacks and abilities less creative (flying with dumbo, water shooting, fireballs, healing with tink, simba's charge)

In the future games, i'd love to see, like 20 summons. That would have a great variety, and a chance for some new characters. Plus, Chicken Littles FirstPersonShooter mode? stunk...it absolutely stunk. plus, peter pan has unoriginal moves.

What I'd like to see:
20 summons
Ability to use them while sacrificing only one partner, or even have three partners.
Summon with invisibility (perhaps...wait i can't think of any.)
Summons with power to pass through enemies and solid objects (maybe a cursed pirate)
Summons bought with lots of munny.
Summons other charactes (Kairi, Mickey, Roxas, etc.)
Level up summons
Equipping summons gives abilities only available with them ( alternate keyblade...?)
Summons can obtain more powers from leveling up or completeing certain events
Use Drives and Summons at the same time!
Using summons so much will result in a new form. (Aloha Form, Powhatan Form, Knight Form, Cheetah Form, Genie Form, etc.)

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
Summons in the Kingdom Hearts series are as you said, insanely suckish. Bout as useful as offensive magic in Kh1. ;P

But I am in 100% agreement that there should be at least one, if not more, Square summons. And if not that, then fiercer, more useful ones. The summons are never necessary and they certainly don't make a situation where you're fighting a ton of heartless any easier. If anything, the only thing it helps with is making you invincible for a time to deal some damage. But they're certainly not fun.

I too am addicted to the Kh series but Kh3 had best have better summons or someone will be shot. <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back