• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something interesting about Hollow Bastion's name

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuffie~Kisaragi

I don't know if anyone knew this, but I found out that bastion means refuge or stronghold. Combine that with hollow, which means empty or empty within, and you get empty refuge or refuge that is empty within. So, what do you guys think about this? I think that Hollow Bastion is very fitting since it was kind of void of life...

Keyblade88

Re: Something interesting about Hollow Bastion

it's fitting...

that's all i really have to say >_>

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards

This is interesting. Perhaps Hollow Bastion is a shell that once contained many lives which is why it is now called Hollow.

C

CCNO1

Interesting

sepheroth1

hollow bastion was once a castle to defend of attackers that was sent to the sky by ansem and kept the castle for himself where he created the heartless in peace

Yuffie~Kisaragi

I understand why it would be named Hollow Bastion now, with it empty and all, but I don't think it would have fit with all the people residing there before it was destroyed. Maybe the word bastion would have given them a sense of safety and refuge, but an empty refuge? But then again, that's probably just Square's creativity at work.

Novanero

Website
www.myspace.com

keep in mind that there is a cutscene with Kiari in hollow bastion when she was younger
and ansem lived there so perhaps there is some comnnection with kiari and ansem...

jk4eva

Very nice...it does make sense and seems to fit.. An empty refuge, where Ansem had begun to lose control and where the heartless cam from. It's interesting.

its_beca

Yeah, I found out about that a while ago.
Square's name always have some sort of meaning. It's fun figuring that it out.

S

SweetChocobo

Novanero said:
keep in mind that there is a cutscene with Kiari in hollow bastion when she was younger
and ansem lived there so perhaps there is some comnnection with kiari and ansem...

Well wouldent that got with the 11th Ansem report?

I have chosen one special girl. I do not know if she possesses a power like that of the Princesses. But, there is a chance, and this is an experiment. She may lead me to the place where the one holding the key is...

I shall send her off to the ocean of other worlds.

kadaj

yeah it fits really well with the meaning and all so thought HB was the final leval when i played KH for the first time (starts laughing)

Steve-o

I think it fits good, but I wounder if it was named that when people lived in it.

Machinany Gun

Bronze Member

Nice discovery....... i applaude you! *applaudes slowly* i believe you deserve that cookie and i'd give you one myself but souleater beat me to it and also i ate mine so i was lucky he stood in. Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back