• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something I want for future games: Original Heartless.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolution

something I found lacking in KH2 was the heartless. They were always the same. Armored Knights, Surveillance things and those giant green balls. That's all they were.

Kingdom Heart's had a lot of great heartless. Such as these...

Phantom_Artwork.jpg
300px-AngelStar.png
250px-Invisible.png

In Dream Drop Distance and future games, I hope Nomura makes Heartless like these appear. They made fighting a challenge.

Anyone agree?

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
There were a lot of new Heartless in KH2. None were particularly interesting or difficult to defeat, but they were definitely there. However, I think Days showed that we can expect better Heartless in the future. There were quite a few good designs in that game, even if there were waaaay too many palette swaps. For instance, I thought the Zip Slasher and its derivatives were quite fun. Same with the Tailbunker. There was a decent amount of strategy involved in all those fights. Given that DDD has been stated to be main game quality, I think we can assume that it will have a much larger variety of Heartless than Days too.

Seasalt Lover

something I found lacking in KH2 was the heartless. They were always the same. Armored Knights, Surveillance things and those giant green balls. That's all they were.

Kingdom Heart's had a lot of great heartless. Such as these...

Phantom_Artwork.jpg
300px-AngelStar.png
250px-Invisible.png

In Dream Drop Distance and future games, I hope Nomura makes Heartless like these appear. They made fighting a challenge.

Anyone agree?

I agree, in KH2 they lack the great designs of the heartless, maybe because they're focusing on the Nobodies and stuff like that, I hope in 3D there will be more Heartless than the Nobodies ^^

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Well, there were definitely some new Heartless in KH2 besides just the Heartless army from Hollow Bastion... but I do see what you're saying. Of course, they wanted to focus on the Nobodies so I can see why they wouldn't put their entire focus on the Heartless.

Honestly, I'm not too worried. I'm sure that future KH games will include more original and cool Heartless designs.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I miss the Phantom...he is by far my favorite KH boss, so I would love SE to include more heartless that are both really detailed and original.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Maybe in like an arena option, outside of story, but I don't feel like fighting the same bosses. KH has enough of that.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I love the Invisibles. They always have strategy and kind of scare me for some reason.

Revolution

Maybe in like an arena option, outside of story, but I don't feel like fighting the same bosses. KH has enough of that.

I don't mean have the same bosses (Though the Phantom in an arena would be cool). I mean, go back to that type of design. The creepy, difficult to fight heartless.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I don't mean have the same bosses (Though the Phantom in an arena would be cool). I mean, go back to that type of design. The creepy, difficult to fight heartless.

That is exactly what we need in Kingdom Hearts. If I fight the Hot Rod Heartless one more time....

Revolution

That is exactly what we need in Kingdom Hearts. If I fight the Hot Rod Heartless one more time....

Another thing is, in the original you felt like you got closer to the end cause the enemies got way more difficult. You start with Shadows, then Soldiers, then Bandits, then Defenders and finally Invisibles.

I liked that

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Another thing is, in the original you felt like you got closer to the end cause the enemies got way more difficult. You start with Shadows, then Soldiers, then Bandits, then Defenders and finally Invisibles.

I liked that

I know! With II, you fought terribly easy enemies, followed by really easy, then easy, then under average, then finally average. Sephiroth was easy as pie once you found out how to stop Heartless Angel (use Sora's Trinity Limit when he rise in the air.), when in Kingdom Hearts, he was difficult. At least you have a hard time beating the BBS Secret Bosses, although they aren't difficult like the ones in the first.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I know! With II, you fought terribly easy enemies, followed by really easy, then easy, then under average, then finally average. Sephiroth was easy as pie once you found out how to stop Heartless Angel (use Sora's Trinity Limit when he rise in the air.), when in Kingdom Hearts, he was difficult. At least you have a hard time beating the BBS Secret Bosses, although they aren't difficult like the ones in the first.

Or you could have just gotten the ability Aerial Dodge by leveling up the Master Form. It's much easier.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I find all the common enemies in the games have been lacking. Days had some cool new ones, but there was mostly just color changes. With the Unversed, most of them looked very similar to Heartless, although some looked new. In Coded... I think none were new.

But, hopefully, we'll get a bunch of new Heartless in 3D and 3.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
The main problem with Kingdom Hearts 2 they tried to balance the enemies when it reality the heartless should have never been in the game or at least not that much.

Cause they kind of did a poor service to the Nobodies and Heartless when I look back at it.

Yeah the Darkballs, Invisibles, Angel ones(forget the name), Wizards, Defenders and the Wyvern were all cool in my book.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
The heartless in KH2 were more along the lines of comic relief than a serious enemy. Even the nobody lackeys to an extent. KH1's enemy design was far superior.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I personally think they should re-add something like a Wizard in the series because I like how in each game there is usually a trio or quintuplet of enemies that all have one element (fire, blizzard, thunder, cure) and then there is the almighty mage or Wizard who can use all those powers. I thought that was well thought out and hasn't returned since :(

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I personally think they should re-add something like a Wizard in the series because I like how in each game there is usually a trio or quintuplet of enemies that all have one element (fire, blizzard, thunder, cure) and then there is the almighty mage or Wizard who can use all those powers. I thought that was well thought out and hasn't returned since :(

Or a Defender/Wizard Secret Boss hybrid. I want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back