• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something I noticed about Repliku

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Mega:.

Awards
I apologize if this has already been posted, but, upon reading the CoM script, I have noticed something rather interesting in regards to the Riku Replica.

Basically, his personality seems to vary in each of the stories. In Sora's, he is obsessive over Naminé and wishes to protect her. Due to her memory alterations, he doesn't realize that he is a Replica until much later on. HOWEVER, we learn that even though he knows he's a fake, he wishes to protect Naminé all the same.

Such was not the case in Reverse Rebirth. What I have noticed is, Repliku just randomly decides he wants to be the real Riku. This strikes me as unusual, since he stated before that he wished to fight for his promise, fake or not.

It makes me wonder...what could have caused this change in behavior?

One theory I have is that there may have been more than one Replica. True, it sounds crazy, but, really, why would he suddenly decide to have a change of heart? Perhaps Vexen had created a backup that we are unaware of. Mind you, this is only theory.

Still, Repliku is a rather under appreciated character who has a lot more to him than it seems. So, what do you think about this oddity? Mind you, I just enjoy speculating, myself.

~Mega

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
Well, one thing could be that he just wanted a friendly battle with Riku, however he seemed sort of evil when he chose to fight.

Perhaps Zexion didn't die, turned into Repliku, and finished the story as him?

But then Riku would of killed him...

Eh, so confused, what a mess.

Maybe Nomura just messed up. xD

Awards
It's rather mixed up, I would think. But then, I wonder...maybe the Replica we saw in Sora's story is still out there? That is, if he is something separate from the one at the end of Reverse Rebirth.

Besides, I doubt he would attack Zexion like that just to be real, if we're talking about his persona at the end of Sora's plot.

~Mega

Awards
Still, I like to think that there's two or something. True, Repliku was mean before he got the false memories, but after he found out, he still cared for Nam. So, it makes no sense for him to suddenly listen to Axel like that.

I think Vexen might have had a backup, which Axel could have used against Zexion. But, it's just a theory.

~Mega

~DanseMacabre~

Website
www.livejournal.com
As some of you may or not know, I'm a HUGE Repliku fan so... I was intrigued by this.

Maybe Nomura just didn't bother his ass giving Repliku a solid personality. He just seems like he was used as a plot device, which irks me because he had a lot of unused potential to be a really awesome character. Maybe there was more than one. I kind of just think he was having an identity crisis. ;D

Awards
Actually, I just dunno. I really doubt he would abandon Nam just to destroy someone. He even said, fake promise or not, it's HIS promise.

If there was a backup, it's possible that Axel found it, activated it, and used it. Remember, a backup wouldn't be hindered by Riku's memories, and therefore, more merciless.

~Mega

PrincessoftheKey

Website
www.freewebs.com
I agree that it was most likely Nomura's mistake, but explanations can cover that mistake up.

Personally, I like to think (as you guys said) that more than one Repliku was created ^_^ It's cooler and more interesting that way =D

Divine Shadow

in the recesses of my shattered mind, hoping to fi
O_O....interesting explination of Repliku.....funy! I really wouldn't know, but i kinda DID notice that he seemed to change. I wonder if maybe they bring him back or something like that in another story....but i bet not.....it wouldn't make sense if they did.....but it may just have been a mistake by Nomura........i am just confusing myself now....=.=

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
There is another thread w/ this quote from wikipedia, but mayB it can be used here
manga, there is a research lab in the lower levels of Castle Oblivion where Vexen spends most of his time. He is also portrayed as being hot-headed because of the lack of respect he receives from the younger members, such as Axel. He produces a set of Vexen Replicas that leave Castle Oblivion along with the Riku Replica in a humorous omake short.
So if he, in the manga of course, can produce a set of Vexen replicas, whats to sop him from making more Riku replicas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back