• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Something I never understood

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
This has been bugging me for the longest time, now.
Okay. So Marluxia and Larxene were trying to use Namine to get Sora, right?
The underground members weren't sure about that until later in the game. But they still knew, right?
So my question is why did the underground members have to do everything the hard way with all of the plans and fighting? Why didn't they just go back to TWTNW right away(it'll only take a matter of seconds) and tell Xemnas about Marluxia's plan to take over the Organization? It'll be like twelve against two and Marluxia would surely go down. It would've been easier. Then Lexaeus and Zexion wouldn't have had to die. Then they could just dispose of Riku Replica. And I know Axel got Repliku to kill Zexion but why didn't Zexion or any of the underground members report to Xemnas before Axel went that far or things got worse?
Thank you to anyone who answers my question.

Avens

There isn't an official answer to that, but
Actually, they probably DID alert people at TWtNW...
Up until the point where Vexen died, the basement group wasn't certain of exactly what was going on upstairs (which is part of the reason why Vexen was up there with Sora in the first place). Vexen's elimination was not something that Zexion and Lexaeus had been expecting at all, and perhaps until that point they thought that they could handle whatever Marluxia and the rest were doing.

But with Vexen out of the picture, the balance between the upper and lower levels is broken. Neither Lexaeus nor Zexion can leave without putting the person left behind in danger in their absence. (Zexion because he's not a great fighter, and Lexaeus because he wouldn't smell anyone coming.) The logical thing to do then, is to send a Dusk back to HQ.

And in fact, during Days we see that a message [I]has[/I] come from Castle Oblivion saying that one of the members has been terminated. The problem is, no one cares enough to do anything about it. Saix certainly isn't going to assign anyone to it, since he's the one who told Axel to kill people anyway.

So Zexion and Lexaeus get absolutely no help from the others, and have to make do with Riku.

(Oh, and according to the novels, Zexion sent back reports about Sora and Riku entering the castle. So before he died, information was getting through.)

luna1017

There isn't an official answer to that, but
Actually, they probably DID alert people at TWtNW...
Up until the point where Vexen died, the basement group wasn't certain of exactly what was going on upstairs (which is part of the reason why Vexen was up there with Sora in the first place). Vexen's elimination was not something that Zexion and Lexaeus had been expecting at all, and perhaps until that point they thought that they could handle whatever Marluxia and the rest were doing.

But with Vexen out of the picture, the balance between the upper and lower levels is broken. Neither Lexaeus nor Zexion can leave without putting the person left behind in danger in their absence. (Zexion because he's not a great fighter, and Lexaeus because he wouldn't smell anyone coming.) The logical thing to do then, is to send a Dusk back to HQ.

And in fact, during Days we see that a message [I]has[/I] come from Castle Oblivion saying that one of the members has been terminated. The problem is, no one cares enough to do anything about it. Saix certainly isn't going to assign anyone to it, since he's the one who told Axel to kill people anyway.

So Zexion and Lexaeus get absolutely no help from the others, and have to make do with Riku.

(Oh, and according to the novels, Zexion sent back reports about Sora and Riku entering the castle. So before he died, information was getting through.)
Why didn't they just retreat after Vexen died?

TigerLilly

I read that Zexion and Lexeaus were up to no good themselves. They were going to use the Riku Replica to take over the organization, and so if they went to Xemnas, their own plot would eventually be foiled.

inverse K-blade7

I read that Zexion and Lexeaus were up to no good themselves. They were going to use the Riku Replica to take over the organization, and so if they went to Xemnas, their own plot would eventually be foiled.
where did u read that? i thought lexeaus and zexion were just gonna use repliku to stop marluxia. the thw two seemed pretty loyal. Zexion even talked about the organization having bonds all the time.

TigerLilly

where did u read that? i thought lexeaus and zexion were just gonna use repliku to stop marluxia. the thw two seemed pretty loyal. Zexion even talked about the organization having bonds all the time.

I honestly don't remember, but Axel was ordered to "take out the traitors". And although in order for Saix to get ahead in the organization, his superiors had to be taken out, I'm pretty sure Zexion and Lexeaus were categorized as traitors to the Organization too. I believe that all those who were sent to C.O. were sent because they were believed to be in cahoots for something bad. Marluxia and Larxene as well as Vexen, Zexion, and Lexeuas had their own respective plans.

Avens

And risk whatever fun Marluxia could get up to, or worse, if the traitors left the castle as well and took Sora and Namine with them? Yeah, because then Xemnas would have really been pleased.

The line in the secret reports about those two being traitors has puzzled me, too. Zexion was losing faith in the Organization as it had evolved, not it's goals, and Lexaeus didn't trust anyone other than Zexion, which means that he didn't trust Xemnas either. Whether that makes them traitors or not, idk.

luna1017

I honestly don't remember, but Axel was ordered to "take out the traitors". And although in order for Saix to get ahead in the organization, his superiors had to be taken out, I'm pretty sure Zexion and Lexeaus were categorized as traitors to the Organization too. I believe that all those who were sent to C.O. were sent because they were believed to be in cahoots for something bad. Marluxia and Larxene as well as Vexen, Zexion, and Lexeuas had their own respective plans.
I thought Xemnas sent Vexen, Lexaeus and Zexion there just in case Larxene and Marluxia really were traitors and Axel proved to be one, too.

Kentsu13

maybe they thought they can still handle it or they wanted revenge for vexens death...plus axel did eliminate zexion pretty quickly afterwards...(how long was the time span of sora in CO i think it was just a few hrs 1-2 day at most rite.......)

luna1017

maybe they thought they can still handle it or they wanted revenge for vexens death...plus axel did eliminate zexion pretty quickly afterwards...(how long was the time span of sora in CO i think it was just a few hrs 1-2 day at most rite.......)
I thought it was a month.
But Zexion hated Vexen. And Lexaeus trusted Zexion alone.

Avens

I thought Xemnas sent Vexen, Lexaeus and Zexion there just in case Larxene and Marluxia really were traitors and Axel proved to be one, too.
No, Saix sent over everyone who was a problem for his ambitions.

7thspade

Vexen was not a traitor, even the secret reports say so. Zexion and Lexaeus (Don't quote me on this, cause I haven't played in a a while) weren't traitors either, but they couldn't just abandon CO because of everything it held that the Org. needed.

Avens

Day 28: Dealing with the Traitors
Author: Axel
I've uncovered most of what I need to know about the Replica Program, but where's the other one? I can't find any trace of it. ...Vexen was caught in the middle. Pitiable, but unavoidable. I could not risk his Program falling into their hands. Of greater concern are the traitors. Not the obvious turncoats, but the ones who will get in his and my way. The Keyblade master is not our enemy.
That's what we're refering to, right? Though I can't tell if Axel is just using 'traitors' as a substitute for 'targets'. Vexen was content, that's in a different report, and Axel isn't counting him as a traitor here. The other two are up for question, though during CoM they weren't rebeling openly that I know of. Except maybe for Zexion not reporting DiZ.

8shortfuse

this always confused me too, but I kinda figured that all of the guys apart from Axel were sent there for a reason. We know Larxene and Marluxia were traitors for sure. Zexion, Vexen, and Lexaeus kinda made me wonder. In the manga Vexen said "If Marluxia gets Sora, then we need only to acquire Riku. If he truly is like the superior, then we will be untouchable!" then in the game all they really said was that Riku was the one who was the interesting one, the one who merited more research. Vexen wanted him to make the clone...but other then that it seemed like the only ones who wanted Riku were Zexion and Lexaeus. Then Lexaeus got distroyed. So...I don't know if they're evil, just plotters.

Avens

Zexion never said anything either way about the replica until his death scene ^^ that was all Vexen and Lexaeus. The line from the manga was in GBA CoM, I don't know about Re:CoM, though. Anyways, what Vexen meant was that if Marluxia thought the upper members could get an advantage by getting Sora, then the lower members could even things out by getting Riku as a counter.

If you look at the script, Zexion actually doesn't do as much plotting as you might think, excepting his confrontation with Riku. Mostly Vexen and Lexaeus come up with ideas, and he just thinks.

8shortfuse

Well, yeah they could really even up the score, but what vexen said could be taken a few different ways. it could mean them keeping it even between the lower and upper people. It could mean that Sora and Riku could both be of use to the organization and they wanted them both. but it could also be taken in a way that if the uppers got Sora and the lowers got Riku that the 6 of them could be unstoppable and take over the organization together. Personally, I think that they were just trying to even up the score and use Riku to destroy the traitors mainly larxene and Marluxia. I just think they have weird ways of saying things. they make it out to seem like everyone in Castle Oblivion was a traitor but when you play it not all of them seem to be. I don't think it made the situation clear enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back