• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Someone at the door....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
So it's 11PM at my place, and I was watching Across the Universe. I didn't really have it up loud at all, and unless the walls of this place are made of shit, my neighbors shouldn't have been able to hear me or my faint singing to the tunes.

I pause the movie to take a phone call.

10 minutes later someone knocks on my door.

I look through the peephole and it's a black guy, wearing some sort of weird beanie and dressed like a mix between hobo and winter apparel. I don't mean to be judgmental with stereotyping, but he looked sketchy, so take it as it is.

I have no idea who it could be. But he kept knocking.

The person on the phone advised that I shouldn't answer, so I didn't.

Then I heard a noise outside my bedroom that sounded like walking in grass. I peeped through the blinds of my bedroom window, but whatever the noise was was gone.

My upstairs neighbor is a black girl, but she's really sweet and doesn't seem like the kind of person who would date a trashy looking dude like the one who stopped by my doorstep. She also doesn't seem like the kind of person who would even consider bothering someone at 11pm. She's very polite and proper.

I considered it might be her boyfriend, but like I said, if she was sending him to my place to complain about noise from the movie, it seems really out of character for her to do something like that. Plus the movie had been paused for 10 minutes before the person knocked on my door.

He's gone, and I should have paid attention to whether he walked towards the street or up the stairs, but I didn't hear any noise up the stairs so I think he just left.

All this leads me to think that it was some crazy trying to freak shit up and check if I was home. I mean it's 11PM for goodness' sake. I know this is a college town, but it's a Sunday, and if you have a problem with my noise (which she never has), she has had plenty of opportunities to file a complaint or talk to me in person.

Should I have opened? Or did I do the right thing?

Should I speak to the management of my place as to what happened, or ask my neighbor if she sent someone to talk to me?

This is why I need a fcking weapon. Just a few weeks ago some little girl got stabbed AND a cashier got robbed at the SAME MCDONALD'S in the SAME DAY 5 minutes away from me.

I'm in probably one of the safest parts of town, but even then...sheesh.

Awards
I look through the peephole and it's a black guy, wearing some sort of weird beanie and dressed like a mix between hobo and winter apparel. I don't mean to be judgmental with stereotyping, but he looked sketchy, so take it as it is.

Don't be ashamed of having common sense.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
To be fair, I would have done the same thing, although the situation would be the same for any race. If you are going to a place that late, at least look like you are't about to mug the joint.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
That sounds really sketchy; I wouldn't have answered the door either. :/
If it's late and I'm not expecting anyone/I don't recognize who's at the door I never answer it. I'd really rather be safe than sorry, even though I live in a relatively safe neighbourhood.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
HIDE YO KIDS

HIDE YO WIFE

but don't fret until something actually happens and handle it accordingly then

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
You did the right thing.
You could've asked who he was ,but that is just in hind sight.

impart

Climb The Sky
yeah I would have dont what you had.
There is just no sense in opening the door for a stranger at anytime past 10pm.

as for filing a complaint, I would just sit it out, if it happens again then maybe talk to some people.

and buy a shotgun, or at least a big fcuking knife

Ip Man

IIIIZAAAAAYAAAAA
Yeah I was hoping for a more interesting ending to this story.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I guess you should always go with your gut in these situations. "I" probably would have still opened the door... I would be curious as to what they'd want at that late at night anyway (curiosity killed the cat). Then again, I don't scare easily. If it was like a mob at my door, then I'd worried.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Bruder, ya did the right thing. If a HoBoarder came to my house at 11 PM, who with common sense would have answered it?

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Nigga please. Stereotyping exists for a reason. This would be that reason. Even I wouldn't have opened the door if I didn't know the dude.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Nigga please. Stereotyping exists for a reason. This would be that reason. Even I wouldn't have opened the door if I didn't know the dude.

You racist!

@Dogenzaka Patrick, (my nickname for you) your my friend, and as my friend, i'm gonna give you advice, i got a cosplay Buster Sword, why not you make one too for protection? Or get a friggin' Switchblade, these are also options: 100,000 Volts Stun Gun - BUDK, M3 Super Sport Air Gun Set - BUDK, Sabre 600,000 Volt Pen Stun Gun - BUDK, United Rurousha Forged Gentlemans Sword Cane 1045 Carbon - BUDK, Devil May Cry Red Queen Sword of Nero - BUDK. There you are.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
My first assumption was that you were trying to be funny. Then I looked at your other recommendations and realized you weren't.

I was trying to be funny, i was also concerned for Patrick so i got those links.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back