• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Some thoughts on Scala ad Caelum (Theory)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Nukara

Awards
Due to the lack of news on KH, I was not on the forum for a long time and I did not write anything for a long time, and even now there is not much new, and nevertheless, I would like to share one of my theory.
We all know that Scala ad Caelum comes from Daybreak town, but what happened to this town then? Since Master Eragus trained his disciples in the Lands of Departure, this means that at what point he and Xehanort left this place. And here many will say that the Lands of Departure are Scala, however, what if in reality everything is not so simple?
What if the Radiant Garden is really Scala? Back in the days when Scala was Daybreak town, it had similar capsules that Malifesenta used to travel today, similar capsules we saw in the Radiant Garden. And I don't think this is a coincidence.
What if something happened to Scala that made her pretend to be in the Radiant Garden?
However, I want to offer a more insane theory.
As we know, worlds have hearts just like living beings. But what if the rules that apply to people who gave themselves up to darkness also apply to worlds? What if Scala was swallowed up by darkness, which caused it to split into two worlds that we know as Radiant Garden and ... Twilight town.
I have always been interested in the nature of the Twilight town and why it is the only world that is between light and darkness and what it is connected with.
When a person loses his heart because of the darkness he splits into nobody and heartless. Then Twilight town is equivalent to "Nobody", which means Radiant Garden is heartless. And it seems to me why he still did not fall into darkness, so it is because of the princess of the heart, who may have been Kairi's grandmother or someone else who lived in this city. Kairi at one time was able to cleanse the heartless Sora from darkness, but what if the princess of the heart, if she wants, can cleanse the world that was attacked by darkness?
It sounds crazy, but I have long wanted to share this theory.

Clue.Less

Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
Due to the lack of news on KH, I was not on the forum for a long time and I did not write anything for a long time, and even now there is not much new, and nevertheless, I would like to share one of my theory.
We all know that Scala ad Caelum comes from Daybreak town, but what happened to this town then? Since Master Eragus trained his disciples in the Lands of Departure, this means that at what point he and Xehanort left this place. And here many will say that the Lands of Departure are Scala, however, what if in reality everything is not so simple?
What if the Radiant Garden is really Scala? Back in the days when Scala was Daybreak town, it had similar capsules that Malifesenta used to travel today, similar capsules we saw in the Radiant Garden. And I don't think this is a coincidence.
What if something happened to Scala that made her pretend to be in the Radiant Garden?
However, I want to offer a more insane theory.
As we know, worlds have hearts just like living beings. But what if the rules that apply to people who gave themselves up to darkness also apply to worlds? What if Scala was swallowed up by darkness, which caused it to split into two worlds that we know as Radiant Garden and ... Twilight town.
I have always been interested in the nature of the Twilight town and why it is the only world that is between light and darkness and what it is connected with.
When a person loses his heart because of the darkness he splits into nobody and heartless. Then Twilight town is equivalent to "Nobody", which means Radiant Garden is heartless. And it seems to me why he still did not fall into darkness, so it is because of the princess of the heart, who may have been Kairi's grandmother or someone else who lived in this city. Kairi at one time was able to cleanse the heartless Sora from darkness, but what if the princess of the heart, if she wants, can cleanse the world that was attacked by darkness?
It sounds crazy, but I have long wanted to share this theory.

It's crazy. I love it. I love imagining Hollow Bastion as a Heartless world. And I like Kairi's role in your theory.

Twilight Town is not the only world between light and darkness though; I think the land of departure is too. So why do you think Twilight Town is a better Scala Nobody than LoD? The clock tower?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Twilight Town is not the only world that lies in the Realm Between. There are several others we know of: Land of Departure, Traverse Town, Mysterious Tower, and The World that Never Was.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Being conservative, there's a possibility that Scala ad Caelum still exists, just that it's in another Worldline and it could perhaps be the world that can be used to access several Worldlines at the same time, reason as to why perhaps Master Xehanort called Scala the nexus of all worlds.

Using your theory to provide another idea: perhaps Scala was consumed by Darkness, and in the process of reconstruction, it doesn't remember itself as a world and created another world: Radiant Garnde.

zander1995

Awards
End of the World seems more like it's the Heartless of worlds, with The World that Never Was being the Nobody.

I do think the theory that Scala was transformed into another world afterwards does hold some weight though. It would make most sense as The Land of Departure because Master Eraqus is there to protect it. It could also explain why Castle Oblivion exists the way it does if the Book of Prophecies was also sealed alongside Scala.

The castle itself is also chained to the world, so I'm completely expecting the storyline to go that they have to "unchain" the Land of Departure to return it to its original form.

Bloodblade777

this is a really good theory, those capsules in hollow bastion / radiant garden are probably the same as the ones in Daybreak town

My only problem with it would be that radiant garden wasnt always like it is now, the heartless invaded and the world fell to darkness only after Ansem and apprentice Xehanorts experiments. Oh I just reread the ending

Noivern

Awards
The issue with your theory is that all throughout Birth by Sleep we keep reading about how Radiant Garden is a world of light, engulfed in it, even.

I do think that it being linked to Scaia somehow could be truth, just not the "Heartless" part. I find it interesting that Radiant Garden seems to be surrounded by infinite water, not like an ocean but more like it's in the middle of a giant lake.

Then Scaia is surrounded by ocean as far as the eye can see, while Land of Departure features mountains.

Considering Daybreak Town was the original world before the worlds were split, I'd like to think that part of it (where the conflict took place) became The Keyblade Graveyard, while another part became Scaia and the mountains where all the Ava cutscenes take place could have become Land of Departure (even ties in the name, as the ones who meet there became the Dandelions who traveled into the Data world).

As for Radiant Garden.. Kairi's Grandma story tells us that the light in the hearts of children remade the worlds, so one theory could be that Radiant Garden is a whole new world made from the memories of Daybreak Town. It's very similar (purple theme, huge fountain in the middle of the town, big castle) but not quite the same. And both seem to be bathed in Light.

Mexican Sora

Awards
The issue with your theory is that all throughout Birth by Sleep we keep reading about how Radiant Garden is a world of light, engulfed in it, even.

I do think that it being linked to Scaia somehow could be truth, just not the "Heartless" part. I find it interesting that Radiant Garden seems to be surrounded by infinite water, not like an ocean but more like it's in the middle of a giant lake.

Then Scaia is surrounded by ocean as far as the eye can see, while Land of Departure features mountains.

Considering Daybreak Town was the original world before the worlds were split, I'd like to think that part of it (where the conflict took place) became The Keyblade Graveyard, while another part became Scaia and the mountains where all the Ava cutscenes take place could have become Land of Departure (even ties in the name, as the ones who meet there became the Dandelions who traveled into the Data world).

As for Radiant Garden.. Kairi's Grandma story tells us that the light in the hearts of children remade the worlds, so one theory could be that Radiant Garden is a whole new world made from the memories of Daybreak Town. It's very similar (purple theme, huge fountain in the middle of the town, big castle) but not quite the same. And both seem to be bathed in Light.

That makes sense. Daybreak Town was the center point of the old world. Right now the center point in present time is the Realm of In-Between; between the Realm of Light and Darkness. Wouldn't be too far fetched to consider all these worlds are splinters of Daybreak Town itself.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Being conservative, there's a possibility that Scala ad Caelum still exists, just that it's in another Worldline and it could perhaps be the world that can be used to access several Worldlines at the same time, reason as to why perhaps Master Xehanort called Scala the nexus of all worlds.

I think you're onto something here...

Back