• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Some stuff I made

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Made these a while ago while playing around with a few different techniques and here is my result. Leaving a comment would be much appreciated, I'm still learning

Filters

XLvbTTn.png

Poop

0IVdVln.png

Smudging

sDm7mDN.png

Idk, this was simple and I just kinda threw it together

rXYB4vQ.png

C4D Renders & Blur effects

Abvj0eC.png

I really hate this version, but at the same time not so much

n6EURwu.jpg

(Playing around with this helped me learn a couple of new techniques in Photoshop and will really help me improve my graphics in general. I might make a tag from time to time and post it in DM)

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
Smudging is your best one. Some things you should focus more on:

Unity. Your pieces have a solid base to work from, but aren't put together as completely as they can be. Think about ways you can use lighting and focal points to direct attention and add drama. (yay drama)

Typography. Honestly, this is an entire art all by itself. Think about what kinds of typefaces work best with a given stock in order to best reflect the piece. You actually do a pretty good job of using appropriate typefaces for the kind of mood you're setting (serif for Xehanort, Sans for Iron Man, etc). A lot of the times your piece will command so much attention on its own that using large type is unnecessary. For example, this piece has plenty going on already to command attention from its focal point, so using large type was unnecessary. But then there's other pieces where the type commands attention and an effect-based focal is unnecessary. tl;dr don't use type if it detracts from anything else.

Blending & Composition. Smudge tool and Curves are your friends. :) Look up some tuts on them. Especially the scatter feature on the smudge tool (which it looks like you already used in that third tag?).

Keep it up, hope this helps!

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
I agree with what Oberon said. I'm still learning but the biggest hurdle is Unity. Once you learn how blend your stock well, it all falls into place. Then it's all about your style and excecution. You're getting there man. Remember, I can hit you with some basic tuts if you need them!

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Long text

Thanks a ton, I haven't really gotten into typography and it's obviously something I need research some more. As far as unity, I totally agree. I was hoping it would be something I would kinda learn as I went along, but I think it would benefit me to start learning (instead of just winging it) how to get my pieces to be more unified. I've been trying to apply dynamic lighting and smudging in my other stuff, but my skill with using them still needs to be honed. Thanks again, I really appreciate it. I'm hoping I can hone these different skills and improve my overall graphics ability and having the criticism/tips will be helpful in knowing what I need to work on

I agree with what Oberon said. I'm still learning but the biggest hurdle is Unity. Once you learn how blend your stock well, it all falls into place. Then it's all about your style and execution You're getting there man. Remember, I can hit you with some basic tuts if you need them!

Thanks Aldrain, I'd hit people up for Tuts more if my school didn't block KHI :/

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Thanks a ton, I haven't really gotten into typography and it's obviously something I need research some more. As far as unity, I totally agree. I was hoping it would be something I would kinda learn as I went along, but I think it would benefit me to start learning (instead of just winging it) how to get my pieces to be more unified. I've been trying to apply dynamic lighting and smudging in my other stuff, but my skill with using them still needs to be honed. Thanks again, I really appreciate it. I'm hoping I can hone these different skills and improve my overall graphics ability and having the criticism/tips will be helpful in knowing what I need to work on

Thanks Aldrain, I'd hit people up for Tuts more if my school didn't block KHI :/

Is there no way around that? There was at my school. Just a simple passcode did the trick- well actually, it was only blocked for a short time, then it was unblocked. We have Barracuda. What do you have?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Is there no way around that? There was at my school. Just a simple passcode did the trick- well actually, it was only blocked for a short time, then it was unblocked. We have Barracuda. What do you have?

Lightspeed systems, we used to have Websense and we were able to get around it, but even our finest hackers at our school can't really combat Lightspeed Systems because it's not a program, it's all through the internet. We've tried setting up our own proxies and everything, but no luck :/

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Lightspeed systems, we used to have Websense and we were able to get around it, but even our finest hackers at our school can't really combat Lightspeed Systems because it's not a program, it's all through the internet. We've tried setting up our own proxies and everything, but no luck :/

Trust me boy, there are indeed ways. Your hackers just need to get better at what they do. They need to find a way to 'tunnel' under your filter. Basically, they need to learn to code a lot better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back