• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Some questions

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qarx

(I wasn't sure what to put for search...)
Some stuff in KH2 wasn't really clear to me. Like: why did Mickey and Riku wear cloaks normally worn by members of Organization XIII? Why did Riku wear a blindfold (and why was he able to still fight?)? I saw a cutscene where Roxas was remembering the times he had (this was from KH2FM+), including eating sea-salt ice cream with Axel; what were they saying, and was it important?
Oce again, I hope not to be flamed for posting the same questions/crap people might already be posting, and I apologize, if nessesary.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
They wore the cloaks because they were trying to investigate the Organization. I guess the cloaks were sorta to throw their identities off or something.
Riku wore the blindfold to...meh. I thought he did it so that he could first hear the world, then see what things were like for himself. Or highten his senses, whatever comes first.
He was probably still able to fight cause of possibly sensing people...or the blindfold is see through and he tricked us all.
Some of things Roxas and Axel were talking about were somewhat important, such as the possibility of Roxas having his own heart.
Oh, and that wasn't a memory, they were meeting each other in Roxas' self-concious.

Last edited:

.Oji

赤いテキスト
The cloaks are meant to protect those who wear them from the harmful effects of the Corridor of Darkness, which Mickey and Riku entered constantly.

Riku wore a blindfold because, "His eyes couldn't lie" about the darkness that takes refuge within him. Riku, I would assume, used his sense of smell to detect the 'scent' of w/e in order to fight.

That scene with Roxas and Axel wasn't one of reminiscence. Basically, it dealt with Roxas becoming whole with Sora. Nothing too significant.

Yah, I hope that clears things up. ^_^

Qarx

The cloaks are meant to protect those who wear them from the harmful effects of the Corridor of Darkness, which Mickey and Riku entered constantly.

Riku wore a blindfold because, "His eyes couldn't lie" about the darkness that takes refuge within him. Riku, I would assume, used his sense of smell to detect the 'scent' of w/e in order to fight.

That scene with Roxas and Axel wasn't one of reminiscence. Basically, it dealt with Roxas becoming whole with Sora. Nothing too significant.

Yah, I hope that clears things up. ^_^
It does. I always thought the cloaks were meant to just hide the faces of whoever wore them. Supossedly, though, entering the Corridors of Darkness caused to errode the Hearts of those who used them. The Nobodies had no hearts (yeah, that's obvious) so why was this nessesary for the members of Organization XIII?
oh, and still makes no sense (what difference does it make if he wears a blindfold? All he would see IS basically Darkness, or maybe that's why...) maybe I'm just dumb...
I appreaciate the tips, though!

Antiquity

Awards
The Nobodies had no hearts (yeah, that's obvious) so why was this nessesary for the members of Organization XIII?

I could guess using the Corridors would erode at their bodies as well. Not a whole lot, but possibly enough to cause some concern.
First the heart and then the body or vice versa if a traveler had a heart IMO.

Antiquity

Awards
^ That too.
Seriously doubt they'd want to lose both and kick the bucket just like that for traveling.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Lol. Actually, Nobodies wear the cloaks for practically the same reason. Because they're shunned by both light and darkness, exposure to the two could harm them. They're kinda like the Schiff from Blood+ (Doubt you heard of it, but if you did, you can see where I'm coming from).

As for the thing with Riku, simply put, he didn't want anyone to know the darkness that he possesses. Unfortunately, he had to use it to defeat Roxas. Yah. =P

Qarx

Lol. Actually, Nobodies wear the cloaks for practically the same reason. Because they're shunned by both light and darkness, exposure to the two could harm them. They're kinda like the Schiff from Blood+ (Doubt you heard of it, but if you did, you can see where I'm coming from).

As for the thing with Riku, simply put, he didn't want anyone to know the darkness that he possesses. Unfortunately, he had to use it to defeat Roxas. Yah. =P
Oh, that's right, because they don't exist as beings we know as from light or dark, they probably had different reasons for needing the cloaks. (like what YOU said) It must suck to be a Nobody.
Why didn't they get hurt when they lifted the hoods?
EDIT: The Nobodies would dissapear eventually, right? (that's what Yen Sid said) Maybe that's why.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
-Shrugs-

Not sure. Perhaps they don't sustain damage to the head area... or maybe the damage they're dealt are infinitesimal, i.e. nothing to be worried about. Either way, I'd assume that full-body exposure is much more dangerous. =/

.Oji

赤いテキスト
hey, this isn't the place for introductions

Welcome to KHI, anyway.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Wouldn't Mickey's clothes protect him after all they are magic. Sora entered the relam of darkness without any negative side effects we know of. Plus Mickey has huge ears, a tail and a bit on the short side. Besides Denmxy who would be fooled by the cloak. As for the blind fold maybe Riku listened to his heart when he fought?
Welcome to KHI. I hope you like it here?

Qarx

Wouldn't Mickey's clothes protect him after all they are magic. Sora entered the relam of darkness without any negative side effects we know of. Plus Mickey has huge ears, a tail and a bit on the short side. Besides Denmxy who would be fooled by the cloak. As for the blind fold maybe Riku listened to his heart when he fought?
Welcome to KHI. I hope you like it here?
Perhaps.
Demyx being fooled by that. LOL

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Wouldn't Mickey's clothes protect him after all they are magic.

Even if his 'magical' clothes could protect him, I'd assume that he'd need a cloak anyway, to investigate and whatnot. Though, true, I don't see alot of people being fooled by it. =\

As for the blind fold maybe Riku listened to his heart when he fought?

That or his smelling ability which he somehow acheieved in CoM.

Qarx

Sora entered the relam of darkness without any negative side effects we know of.
Sora's new clothes were also magic, as stated by the Three Good Fairies

I thought that was only for darkness, which really wouldn't work againist a nobody of they are neither light or darkness. Why did he get that power?
I wonder what darkness smells like?:thumbup:
You're right... I think.
Maybe it smells like fried chicken

Last edited by a moderator:

.Oji

赤いテキスト
I thought that was only for darkness, which really wouldn't work againist a nobody of they are neither light or darkness. Why did he get that power?

Doubt it was only for darkness; didn't Zexion use that ability for detecting other things aside from darkness? (Gah, I haven't played CoM in awhile). Not sure where this ability came from, though.

But as for the heart thing, I think that's more appropriate. Sora was able to see through Riku's Xehanort appearance when he closed his eyes, assumably using his heart. Meh. Oh, and I bet darkness smells like TAG body spray.

EDIT: Don't double post, bud. ;)

Qarx

Doubt it was only for darkness; didn't Zexion use that ability for detecting other things aside from darkness? (Gah, I haven't played CoM in awhile). Not sure where this ability came from, though.

But as for the heart thing, I think that's more appropriate. Sora was able to see through Riku's Xehanort appearance when he closed his eyes, assumably using his heart. Meh. Oh, and I bet darkness smells like TAG body spray.

EDIT: Don't double post, bud. ;)
sorry

Valamphias

They may be 'nothing' instead of either light or dark, but they still used the power of darkness for their own purposes. Riku's ability to 'smell' darkness would most likely detect it when the utilized darkness.

Qarx

They may be 'nothing' instead of either light or dark, but they still used the power of darkness for their own purposes. Riku's ability to 'smell' darkness would most likely detect it when the utilized darkness.
I see what you mean. He said "You reek of the Dark" in CoM, when Zexion tried to trap Riku in Light. If he wasn't using Darkness, Riku probably wouldn't have "smelled" him.
Therefore, Riku used his sense of "Smell" to see.
But what about when Sora pointed at his head? it was a gesture, though Riku was like, "Oh" when Sora did it.
Maybe he can "see" actions, too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back