• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Some KH2 Cutscenes are 60fps!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

dbG33K

Has anybody else noticed some of the cutscenes in KH2 being in 60fps? True, most cutscenes are still 30fps, but oddly enough I've seen three 60fps cutscenes. So far, I'm only to Port Royal, first go-around, so there may well be more ahead of me. I've found the following 60fps cutscenes:

- Twilight Town: Right after Olette gives Roxas the bag of 5000 munny.
- Olympus Coliseum: After either the first or second of Phil's Orb minigames.
- Port Royal: After entering the cave for the first time, and Captain Barbossa is telling his story.

I wonder why some of the scene were given the 60fps treatment, but most were not? Maybe they tested it out on these, then decided the results weren't consistent enough. Some of the character model movements looked very janky in 60fps, so it's possible this didn't meet their standards, decided not to go through the efforts and just forgot to un-60 those ones?

Share what you think!

Also anyone has noticed other 60fps cutscenes, post them here!

Precursor Mar

I was planning on calling attention to this myself. My guess is that they were just lazy and these cutscenes were a side effect of something they did.

I haven't finished the game but so far the last scene when you finish Agrabah for the first time is also 60fps.

Awards
I'm sure it wasn't purposely done. It seems that most of the scenes that are 60fps are scenes that transitioned from a speech bubble scene (which are 60fps) and that could be what caused it. There were a few in Timeless River as well, and I think there was one or two in KH1.

Im pretty sure when they decided to put the games in 60fps, they actually had to go into the coding and manually put the scenes back into 30fps, and they might have just missed a couple.

Tbh after seeing the scenes in 60fps, I wish they would've made them all like that. They look great!

dbG33K

Many people do. Higher framerate = smoother motion = less eye strain = more comfortable and enjoyable gaming experience. It's okay if you don't care, though. Although, you must care a least somewhat, seeing as how you went out of your way to post about it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back